LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Moving to Anchorage Upgrades Advice

Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I have a soft roll up tonneau cover for 4 Canadian winters now. No problems whatsoever. Just don't leave 2 feet of snow on it. Only takes and extra minute to brush of fresh snow every morning after scraping windows.

I also have Bridgestone Blizzak studless winter tires on a second set of wheels. This is my first set of winter tires ever and they definitely perform better than all seasons. Unfortunately can't compare them to anything else.

If I was having only one set of tires in a snowy climate I would go for Duratracs based on excellent reviews and recomendations.

You already have 4x4, maybe thow 200lbs of weight in the back, bring a shovel and drive according to conditions and you'll be fine.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessINXS View Post
I head out from South Carolina on the 10th of August and have to make it to Elmendorf AB by the 31st.
Gotcha, well you've still got some time yet. That will be absolutely gorgeous driving in. Fall colors all through canada and AK
Old 11-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
Like Ben said the drive will be amazing your coming at the right time, I just did the drive the last week of Sept and it was great.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
I only have a 2.75" inch lift in front and running 285/75. So you should be good. Enjoy the drive!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #25
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
I moved up here last summer and have been running Michelin LTX M/S2 and haven't had a problem. I would recommend weight in the back but I don't out anything at all. I hardly use 4WD, I just don't drive aggressively. I purchased the Trifecta soft tonneau cover which I love because it keeps the bed usable but also comes off in about 3 minutes.

I will follow this up with the fact I bought studded tires for my wife's Rogue AWD because she isn't the best driver and I will tell you that it handles a lot better than mine does in the winter. I just can't justify it when my truck doesn't get a lot of driving time because of my job.