Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Hunting: Alaska Style

Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, those 300 mags are pretty rough. Even with a break mine still leaves a mark.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Friend of mine just got the Remington 700 series 300 mag, pretty sure that's what I'm getting as well. Curious also about the muzzle break. I like my shoulders
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #23
423 TACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna go .338 win mag. Been trying to find a Browning A-Bolt
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #24
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sissy
Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #25
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
The Remington 700's a great rifle, I need to find the motivation to sight mine in.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post
How much did it run to get a break put on it?
My brake is from Holland Guns. I think for the brake and for him to thread the barrel and install it was like $225. I'm not 100% sure because it was a birthday gift from my dad. Holland's work is definitely top notch. I would compare recoil to about a light .270 round, so it definitely helped a ton.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
How does that affect the velocity?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
A brake wont effect velocity. It does mess with hamonics though, which will effect your point of impact. You will have to re-zero your rifle. Make sure when you're looking for a brake, it doesnt have any holes in the bottom of the brake, want to talk about dusty...
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #29
faceplant is on a distinguished road
faceplant's Tacoma Gallery
i cant wait to hunt in AK. Ive hunted a lot of upland bird game in TN and some deer. Cant wait to hit the ground running in AK. Got to find a good hunting buddy. Im picking up a savage 300 win saving on the rifle and gonna pick up a better scope. plus savage makes awesome cheap guns (IMO)
Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #30

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery

Got my caribou. Now its time to find a bear.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #31
423 TACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! How you like the tikka? I was almost set on one, but then I found out about the new Browning A-Bolt 3
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #32

Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Love the Tikka. It's has an adjustable trigger down to 2 lbs and weighs just over 6 lbs. I fired it for the first time without hearing pro on this trip and it is loud. Straight shooter though. Can't complain at all.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
Purveyor of Fun

Leaving Wednesday for mclaren river, gonna get my moose.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #34
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmill View Post

Got my caribou. Now its time to find a bear.
Nice Caribou!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #35
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery

Got mine as well

Got a spring bear in May
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #36
Purveyor of Fun

We're you using a rocket launcher?! There's nothing left!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #37
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
LOL, I promise the rest of it was attached at some point just dont have those pics yet.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
You Can't Fix Stupid !

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Here you go Ben I told you there was another half to it!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #39
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
No moose for my dad on his recent trip to the interior. Not sure where exactly they were but due to extremely low water on the river they were floating an expected 3 hours of paddling a day turned into 6-7hours which meant they weren't able to get into good moose country as much as they hoped. One of the guys in the party did take a grizz though. Not nearly as big as the coastal ones get but nice none the less.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #40
RipVanDango is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st MLG, Engineer Maint. Co. (04-08)
Name: Cody
RipVanDango's Tacoma Gallery
I'm hoping to fill my Nelchina tag soon. Stupid herd has been hanging out 25 miles off road though, closes tomorrow too for rut. Yay for dead of winter hunting.