Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Grills and headlights

View Poll Results: What is your headlight mod preference with this grill?
Color matched white headlights 8 21.62%
Blacked out headlights 29 78.38%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #21
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natidog View Post
Just put a cape on it and you can be Vader.
Haha YES.

Yall storm troopers hear that? I am Lord Vader in my truck!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Sorry 357...I think that pushed me over the edge to black. Not to say it's too horrible, but it's too much white up front to me...especially with a big bold TACOMA staring you in the face...

Which brings up another dilemma...Tacoma, or Takoma....choices choices.
Ok ok, maybe to much white. But you get use to it. Anyways don't do all black just smoke it like the trd has
Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 AM   #23
DLat27 has a spectacular aura aboutDLat27 has a spectacular aura aboutDLat27 has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
Name: Danny
DLat27's Tacoma Gallery
black them out.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #24
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, I'm just beginning to put together a list for my truck, and I've come across the raptor style grill, which is definitely going on the list. However, I've come to ask your opinion on headlight mods. Should I color match with white, or black them out?

Here's the grill I'm thinking of

Is I just me or do these letters look funky?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #25
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Is I just me or do these letters look funky?
Thought the same. And way to big IMO.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Thought the same. And way to big IMO.
Don't blame me, that's an existing grill. Minus the horrible photoshop job to change the color of the letters.

Are there any mods that you guys consider mandatory? I'd eventually like to do some off-roading with it, and a guy at work told me the best thing I could do (in his opinion) is keep good tires and breaks on it. Maintain it regularly, don't let anything wear out and catastrophically fail.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Haha YES.

Yall storm troopers hear that? I am Lord Vader in my truck!
Cape first. Luckily, I won't be a trooper. Going for bronze wheels.

By the way OP, I really like the grill. Those are pretty much the original style Toyota letters. I'm pretty sure my truck stereo Toyota logo is still written like that.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #29
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Cape first. Luckily, I won't be a trooper. Going for bronze wheels.

By the way OP, I really like the grill. Those are pretty much the original style Toyota letters. I'm pretty sure my truck stereo Toyota logo is still written like that.

Would a tonneau suffice as a cape?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #30
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
I think BHLM is getting overplayed, I say do something different. That said, I have all black projectors and a satoshi and love it...

your truck, do what you want
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Would a tonneau suffice as a cape?
It doesn't have the same flow that a cape has.

I agree that the black headlights are getting a little out of control...but there's something to be said about black and white, they compliment each other so well.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #32
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think the black headlights are overplayed, I think that's just how the trucks should have come stock.

I haven't seen a single truck that the chrome looked better on than the black housing.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't think the black headlights are overplayed, I think that's just how the trucks should have come stock.

I haven't seen a single truck that the chrome looked better on than the black housing.
IMO... white head lights would show more dirt, and foggy lenses (i dont know from experience)... Black kinda covers it up.. I hate chrome haha
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #34
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
IMO... white head lights would show more dirt, and foggy lenses (i dont know from experience)... Black kinda covers it up.. I hate chrome haha
Nope. And your lens shouldn't be foggy if you seal up the headlights properly. I've been running the white headlights for a few years now and they are holding up great. That being said, I didn't like the completely white out look posted on the previous page. I left my reflector bowls chrome to make it stand out while still having a stock-ish look.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Nope. And your lens shouldn't be foggy if you seal up the headlights properly. I've been running the white headlights for a few years now and they are holding up great. That being said, I didn't like the completely white out look posted on the previous page. I left my reflector bowls chrome to make it stand out while still having a stock-ish look.
No I agree I didn't mean a foggy lense inside from condensation but just a dirty head light lol I don't know I did the same and kept the chrome as well on my BHLM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
I love snow!

If you're going for different, how about red/blue?

I probably would have tried blue in mine my old headlight housing hadn't been messed up and I hadn't just replaced them....
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #37
Stormtrooper Corps

Then I could join the local police and have the only tacoma cruiser in the fleet!

I like your thinking. Imagine the high speed chase footage.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #38
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you're going for different, how about red/blue?

I probably would have tried blue in mine my old headlight housing hadn't been messed up and I hadn't just replaced them....
If I had a speedway blue or red Tacoma I would totally color match... Looks bad ass!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #39
I love snow!

Quote:
Then I could join the local police and have the only tacoma cruiser in the fleet!

I like your thinking. Imagine the high speed chase footage.

Alaska State Troopers, yo!

Not red AND blue at the same time....
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #40
Stormtrooper Corps

If something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing...