Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Grills and headlights

View Poll Results: What is your headlight mod preference with this grill?
Color matched white headlights 8 21.62%
Blacked out headlights 29 78.38%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Grills and headlights

So, I'm just beginning to put together a list for my truck, and I've come across the raptor style grill, which is definitely going on the list. However, I've come to ask your opinion on headlight mods. Should I color match with white, or black them out?

Here's the grill I'm thinking of

Old 01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
yo dude post up the color of your truck

I know what it is but you already have my opinion
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
yo dude post up the color of your truck

I know what it is but you already have my opinion

Color match = white!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Black headlights and white satoshi. If you're gonna get a raptor grill you better pay Craig soon. I waited six months for my satoshi because of the line you start off in. He builds the raptors more sparingly soooooo.....you should pay soon haha.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Black headlights.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
IMO blacked out headlights with some white in them (accents or the shroud) would look best. All white on white is like the all black on black builds. There is less contrast and it blurs together. Black headlights with some white accents gets my vote.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #10
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Color match = white!

Poll wasn't showing up when I posted
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like the white headlights - it's different.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's different, I'm not sure it's better though. To each their own. I ALMOST did mine white when I went through them. Glad I did black though.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #13
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
It's different, I'm not sure it's better though. To each their own. I ALMOST did mine white when I went through them. Glad I did black though.
I like the BLHM with my white satoshi... I got TACOMA fab'd up to put on the front of my satoshi and I painted them black... that way it isnt an eyesore but classy.... pics on my build to come with the letters this weekend.

White and black = Stormtrooper.... the ladies dig the stormtroops
especially when you have a trooper helmet shifter
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Black WITH white? This might have just answered my dilemma i posted yesterday! haha.
Hmm, i don't know Ben. But, those WHITE housing lights looked kinda sweet.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellstiltskin View Post
Black WITH white? This might have just answered my dilemma i posted yesterday! haha.
Hmm, i don't know Ben. But, those WHITE housing lights looked kinda sweet.
The white is pretty cool... but i don't thank that will get you into the stormtrooper club

wait, so if I do my headlights white and a satashi (however you spell it), can I be an "anti stormtrooper"?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #16
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery

White!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
I say black, the white on white is just a little much I think.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
The white is pretty cool... but i don't thank that will get you into the stormtrooper club

wait, so if I do my headlights white and a satashi (however you spell it), can I be an "anti stormtrooper"?
Just put a cape on it and you can be Vader.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Stormtrooper Corps

Sorry 357...I think that pushed me over the edge to black. Not to say it's too horrible, but it's too much white up front to me...especially with a big bold TACOMA staring you in the face...

Which brings up another dilemma...Tacoma, or Takoma....choices choices.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Purveyor of Fun

Ooooooooo do tAKoma!!!!!