Notices

Auto start on 6 speed?????

Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
Auto start on 6 speed?????

hey guys, got orders to elmo. Does anyone have a auto start on their manual trans? if so, what kind and how was the install? the wife is already stationed there and has auto start. ive been there during winter before and i def dont want to not have it. thanks for the help
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Jeremy (smokey11) has one on his first gen
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Compustar on mine and love it. My truck is an auto though. But my buddy has had two different Compustars on his last vehicles that were both manual. I think they are great systems. If you aren't getting it installed until you get up here, stop by Perfectionist Auto. They are great guys over there.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Yosefa is on a distinguished road

Yosefa's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 1st gen thats 5spd with a viper alarm model 5501. i didnt get the remote start installed yet but i plan on doing it once i move up in feb. from what ive been told theres a sequence that needs to be done prior to turning off the truck so the auto start will be activated. hope that helped
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
They charge more for installing one on a manual, but like was said above, you just have to follow a certain sequence when turning off/exiting the truck when you're done driving.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
2006 6 speed. Auto start installed

I have always gotten my auto start done at Perfectionist. They are great guys and their work has a lifetime warranty. (Parts only 1 year) i got a PFD special and had a 2 way remote with 3000 foot range installed for 500 last fall.

They will put any of their systems in a manual. It is just a $100 flat fee on top of the base price because of all the special stuff they have to do. They wire it into the clutch start cancel button i believe. They system is a little more cumbersome than in an automatic but totally worth it in my opinon

Let me know if you have any questions or want their number .

(I think most places do manuals these days. These guys were one of the first to do it and have been so good i have never been to anyone else)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, perfectionist installs compustar systems

The sequence to "set" the autostart for my truck is:

Pull e brake

Put in neutral

Wait for click

Get out (truck stays running)

Shut door (truck shuts off)

It is then ready to auto start! Unfortunately, opening the door resets it and to have it auto start you have to start the truck and go through the process again.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
My record for starting distance is 9 miles.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I would be worried my truck would be gone by the time I got to it from 9 miles away haha
Old 01-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
You Can't Fix Stupid !
Smokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmokey11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jeremy
Smokey11's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah pretty much what Anna said, it uses a clutch override switch to where there is no way it would start if you left it in gear. Depending on what brand you go with they all have different things that you have to do before you get out. Mine is this,

Pull E-brake
let foot off pedal
push any key on the fob
get out shut door
then when you push the lock button the truck shuts off.

Mine is a Viper alarm/start and I got it from Sounds works
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #12

Yosefa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Somebody must have the remote start option with their smart phone lol
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #13

Yosefa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
But then again you should of had a far better record with that type of system lol
Old 01-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Anchorage is too small lol
I was all the way across town.