Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

OFFICIAL KODIAK Meet Planning thread

View Poll Results: What month is best for you?
Very end of july 4 66.67%
Early August 2 33.33%
Mid August 3 50.00%
Late August 3 50.00%
Early September 2 33.33%
Mid September 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #21
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to talk to Phil Hernandez he works on the c 130 side of the airsta and I knw that there are a couple other tacos that I have scene recently he on kodiak I'll stick a tw business card in there window to contact me.

If I were you guys I would try and book the dates to the ferry sched cause there are only certain days that they stop her on the way down and back of the aleutians chain
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post

For starters, we will need numbers for how many mainland folks (Fairbanks peeps should come too!) and how many Kodiak folks plan to go. the post after this will be a list that should get copied and pasted so we can get numbers! (like we did for the slider buy)

I did my best to explain
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #23
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
I'm going to talk to Phil Hernandez he works on the c 130 side of the airsta and I knw that there are a couple other tacos that I have scene recently he on kodiak I'll stick a tw business card in there window to contact me.

If I were you guys I would try and book the dates to the ferry sched cause there are only certain days that they stop her on the way down and back of the aleutians chain

Sweet I think there are a few other Kodiak guys on here? If you happen to know them, send them this thread's way

I guess my plan of attack for picking dates is to see what general dates work for everyone and then find the ferry schedule that fits the closest.

For anyone curious, here is the ferry webpage. I have taken a vehicle on the ferry before if anyone has any questions about it.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #24
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, 9 hours from homer to kodiak, but at least there's regular trips on the weekends!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #25
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Catch up son! Haha I'm too lazy to get on my laptop too
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #26
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
That might be one of my last AK meets.. after that ill be headed to school down in the states
I guess if there has to be a last meet, this would be the one to be it!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #27
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
School shmool. Stay here and wheel.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 AM   #28
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery

I don't want to move
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #29
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Can you un-pcs? I was so bummed when you told me you were leaving man!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is a 90% chance of rain
Its Kodiak, there is always a 90% chance of rain.

Is Saltrey Cove Road on your list of trails to hit? Be prepared to stay over night, someone ALWAYS breaks down on that road.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #31
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Hmmm, 9 hours from homer to kodiak, but at least there's regular trips on the weekends!
Its a good trip, most people sleep on the decks, a lot cheaper that way.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Its Kodiak, there is always a 90% chance of rain.

Is Saltrey Cove Road on your list of trails to hit? Be prepared to stay over night, someone ALWAYS breaks down on that road.
That's the one road I've been told about...haven't been told it's a popular breakdown spot though. Thanks for the warning!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #33

Law Enforcement:
If you guys plan to stay around in Kodiak for a few days, hike up a mountain, Barometer right there on the CG base is awesome.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #34
Stormtrooper Corps

Here's some pictures of Saltery Cove Road...Looks like a nice drive!

http://kodiaksnow.proboards.com/inde...lay&thread=352

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5282551...n/photostream/

Even better, video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qEmN9kRA5w
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think we can add pillar to the list to drive as long as there are no clouds up there. And ya saltre is prob the most challenging of all the roads but def not that difficult. We won't be hauling ass so we should all be fine as long as most people have 4wd
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
The first pic of the first link is the most overgrown spot of the whole trail once. Get past that it opens up quite a bit. That's the only section we have to worry about for pin striping
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #37

Law Enforcement:
There's another trail, just past the base on the left side, lemme see if I can find the name. Also some trails Chiniak Road lead to some really awesome points over looking the ocean. Old abandoned WW2 turrets.

That road is Cliff's Point Road.

And definitely head out Chiniak Road.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #38
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Old abandoned WW2 turrets.
Enough said to pique my interest.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #39
I love snow!

Quote:
Its a good trip, most people sleep on the decks, a lot cheaper that way.
Can't wait for the ferry ride. I took it from Haines to Bellingham last winter and it was a fun time!

Gonna be even sweeter with the Tacoma parade

Quote:
If you guys plan to stay around in Kodiak for a few days, hike up a mountain, Barometer right there on the CG base is awesome.

I really want to do pyramid!

I love hiking.. but when I was in Kodiak it was for work. All the good days were spent doing field work (trying to drill off shore) and all the awful days I had off... Was not too keen on hiking a mountain in an area I am unfamiliar with by myself
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #40

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Can't wait for the ferry ride. I took it from Haines to Bellingham last winter and it was a fun time!

Gonna be even sweeter with the Tacoma parade

I really want to do pyramid!

I love hiking.. but when I was in Kodiak it was for work. All the good days were spent doing field work (trying to drill off shore) and all the awful days I had off... Was not too keen on hiking a mountain in an area I am unfamiliar with by myself
I took the ferry from B-Ham to Haines on my way up and on the way back I drove from Homer to Colorado.

Pyramid is a great climb, I did that one twice and Barometer twice, maybe 3 times.

Sometime, I'll be back to AK to visit.