LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

OFFICIAL KODIAK Meet Planning thread

View Poll Results: What month is best for you?
Very end of july 4 66.67%
Early August 2 33.33%
Mid August 3 50.00%
Late August 3 50.00%
Early September 2 33.33%
Mid September 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #41
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I took the ferry from B-Ham to Haines on my way up and on the way back I drove from Homer to Colorado.

Pyramid is a great climb, I did that one twice and Barometer twice, maybe 3 times.

Sometime, I'll be back to AK to visit.

Nice!

I hear the top of Pyramid actually has blocks like a real pyramid?!?!?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #42
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
I'm going to talk to Phil Hernandez he works on the c 130 side of the airsta and I knw that there are a couple other tacos that I have scene recently he on kodiak I'll stick a tw business card in there window to contact me.

If I were you guys I would try and book the dates to the ferry sched cause there are only certain days that they stop her on the way down and back of the aleutians chain

What exactly is your June/July status?

Sorry I am not super familiar with the military and exactly what different statuses entail.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post

Sorry I am not super familiar with the military and exactly what different statuses entail.
He's an airman, his status is 8-4 on weekdays, and party on the weekends.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #44
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Nice!

I hear the top of Pyramid actually has blocks like a real pyramid?!?!?
The rocks on top of pyramid are set up naturally pretty much like that yea.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #45
I love snow!

Quote:
The first pic of the first link is the most overgrown spot of the whole trail once. Get past that it opens up quite a bit. That's the only section we have to worry about for pin striping

Pin striping is IN. all the cool trucks are doing it

I bought my truck and pinstriped it on a trail in AZ the next day
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #46
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's another trail, just past the base on the left side, lemme see if I can find the name. Also some trails Chiniak Road lead to some really awesome points over looking the ocean. Old abandoned WW2 turrets.

That road is Cliff's Point Road.

And definitely head out Chiniak Road.
Ya def gana take everyone out there that's such a cool area especially when it's sunny out. But we will def hit that on our way to the logging roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Enough said to pique my interest.

Quote:

I won't be in kodiak the last week of June to July 21st I will be home on vacation aka leave. That's the only reason why I can't.

Quote:
Pin striping is IN. all the cool trucks are doing it

I bought my truck and pinstriped it on a trail in AZ the next day
good cause as long as we take it easy through that spot we should be fine.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #47
I love snow!

Quote:
Ya def gana take everyone out there that's such a cool area especially when it's sunny out. But we will def hit that on our way to the logging roads

I won't be in kodiak the last week of June to July 21st I will be home on vacation aka leave. That's the only reason why I can't.

good cause as long as we take it easy through that spot we should be fine.

I think June is too early for our meet anyway.

So the last week of July would work? And then Aug/sep?

Right now I am thinking early August would be good.

How does that work for people?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #48
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
Works for me!

How do you guys think a truck with no lift and stock tires would do out there?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #49

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Works for me!

Not good on Saltrey Cove...Chiniak Hwy, you'll be good for the most part. I went out a few of the logging roads off Chiniak Hwy, I wouldn't try Saltrey on anything other then a lifted truck or an ATV.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #50
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't ever change your sig quote. That thread was amazing.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #51
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not good on Saltrey Cove...Chiniak Hwy, you'll be good for the most part. I went out a few of the logging roads off Chiniak Hwy, I wouldn't try Saltrey on anything other then a lifted truck or an ATV.
I've driven saltre in a stock bronco 2 all it had was a small body lift. But it if it wasn't a beater then I wouldn't have done it. Def need a little bit of lift.
Quote:
Works for me!

You could ride with one of us, you will be able to do all the other trails just fine tho.
Quote:
I think June is too early for our meet anyway.

So the last week of July would work? And then Aug/sep?

Right now I am thinking early August would be good.

How does that work for people?
Ya the last week of july on would work and I'll make sure that I don't deploy then inthinkmi could switch with some if it comes down to it.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #52
I love snow!

Quote:
I've driven saltre in a stock bronco 2 all it had was a small body lift. But it if it wasn't a beater then I wouldn't have done it. Def need a little bit of lift.

You could ride with one of us, you will be able to do all the other trails just fine tho.

Ya the last week of july on would work and I'll make sure that I don't deploy then inthinkmi could switch with some if it comes down to it.

sweet! Well, you should have plenty of warning of when we are coming

So I don't know what dates I was looking up before to get $74 one way.....

I did some more looking today for july/august. It ranges from $220 to $300 one way (you+truck) in that time period it looks like.... Just FYI
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #53

Ya that's cause it's during the transfer/ peak summer season. Lots of coasties coming and going around that time of the year.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #54
I love snow!

Quote:
Ya that's cause it's during the transfer/ peak summer season. Lots of coasties coming and going around that time of the year.

Makes sense I should look at september i guess. Would that be less of a peak season?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #55
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested. I tried adding myself to the list but my device won't let me. Laaaaaame.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #56
I love snow!

Hahaha. No kodiak for you! .

Just make sure you don't miss when we all buy feery tickets. If youre not on the list i wont remember to send you angry reminder messages. That might have just been because i wanted money though...
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #57
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
HAAAHAHA. True. My summers truly are the busiest though. Always hard for me to plan. BUT, I will make it work whichever way I can.

Your note scared me a little. All I heard in my head was "I want my money bitch! !!""" Lol
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #58
Stormtrooper Corps

"Mainland AK" Members interested:

1. Anna
2. Ben
3. Charles
4. Matt
5. Steve
6. Russ

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #59
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellstiltskin View Post
Your note scared me a little. All I heard in my head was "I want my money bitch! !!""" Lol

GOOD. As you should have heard.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #60
Stormtrooper Corps

Looks like it's $179 through September 2013 for our tacomas ($74 for passengers). Do they occasionally run specials?

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/doc/..._SWTariffs.pdf