Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

OFFICIAL KODIAK Meet Planning thread

View Poll Results: What month is best for you?
Very end of july 4 66.67%
Early August 2 33.33%
Mid August 3 50.00%
Late August 3 50.00%
Early September 2 33.33%
Mid September 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #101
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco7000 View Post
So were suppose to be getting a new guy on flight bringing us back up to being allowed two ppl on leave at a time so either would work but august would probally work better just with how the days fall as far as requesting time off. The sooner I know the better cuz our new guy hasnt gotten here yet and not everyone knows about him coming. Only me cuz Im his sponser :P so I can put in for leave now and be the first on leave but once everyone figures it out there gonna start putting in for more leave to be the first and second ppl on leave haha.

Awesome! Ya, I am thinking August too. So I gan stay a few extra days

Coby, how do those august dates look for ya???
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #102
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm good anytime in aug I'm getting back from vacation on July 15th so I'll be around. As soon as you guys figure out dates I'll see if I need to take another couple of days off when everyone is here
Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #103
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome thanks a lot coby! This is gonna be a sweet meet!

Im thinkin August is gonna be the month. Just waitin for some more feedback .
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #104
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
August is good for me too gives me more time to work on the rig.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #105
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya me too.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #106
I love snow!

Alright, let's plan on the August dates, unless someone has some strong opinions otherwise!

Let's plan to finalize and commit and book tickets in EARLY JUNE.

Will that be enough time for everyone to get vacation time?

coby, do you think the ferry will be full by then? Should we go for earlier?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #107
AK BWAYNE
Taco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant futureTaco7000 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 213 SWS Security Forces
Name: John
Taco7000's Tacoma Gallery
That's plenty of time for me to put in for leave. Ill do that later today actually if we're set on those dates
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #108
I love snow!

Are those dates the best? There are sailings that leave the day before and come back the day after if you wanna move it. I picked those dates thinking it would probably be easier to just get the one week off and not split if over the two. (I updated the OP)

(woot for some commitment here!! )
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #109
I love snow!

Coby, do you think it would it be worth is to bring my dirtbike? I know that there is some riding to be done but wasn't sure if we would be wheelin in any of those areas.. or if the trails are super knarly and having a bike in the bed of the truck would be a bad idea.....
Old 04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #110
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna bring my mini bike
Old 04-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #111
I love snow!

I figure if we are camping a dirtbike would be fun to play with
Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #112
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
I agree
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #113
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
man this sounds like a lot of fun. I doubt I'd be able to swing it with time off. I'm taking 3-4 days off to go dipnetting in July so asking for more in August may be pushing it. I'd love to go and camp and fish the entire time. And wheel of course. sounds like a blast.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Are those dates the best? There are sailings that leave the day before and come back the day after if you wanna move it. I picked those dates thinking it would probably be easier to just get the one week off and not split if over the two. (I updated the OP)

(woot for some commitment here!! )
ya sounds good

Quote:
Coby, do you think it would it be worth is to bring my dirtbike? I know that there is some riding to be done but wasn't sure if we would be wheelin in any of those areas.. or if the trails are super knarly and having a bike in the bed of the truck would be a bad idea.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTACO420 View Post
I wanna bring my mini bike
well it's up to you guys, there is a track and chiniak would be AWSOME to ride on a dirt bike my buddies do it all the time. The only thing is idk if you would want to wheel saltree with it in the back of your truck. But you could always just put it in my garage for that day. So bring it or not it's up to u.

Quote:
I figure if we are camping a dirtbike would be fun to play with
Ya it would be fun specially a mini bike
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #115
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
man this sounds like a lot of fun. I doubt I'd be able to swing it with time off. I'm taking 3-4 days off to go dipnetting in July so asking for more in August may be pushing it. I'd love to go and camp and fish the entire time. And wheel of course. sounds like a blast.

Only 3 days
Old 04-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #116
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only 3 days
Haha yeah. Tell that to my boss.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #117
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Late to the discussion but I'm in
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #118
I love snow!

Awesome

Also, i think we are pretty set on those dates unless someone objects.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #119
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
We've had a little debacle at work, so I've pretty much got to be on call for the field around that time.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #120
I love snow!

Hey guys,

So it looks like people are pretty happy with the august dates. Let's call those the finalized dates time to book tickets and ask for leave time

Coby, you're sure these will work? this trip isn't gonna be nearly as awesome without a guide