LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

OFFICIAL KODIAK Meet Planning thread

View Poll Results: What month is best for you?
Very end of july 4 66.67%
Early August 2 33.33%
Mid August 3 50.00%
Late August 3 50.00%
Early September 2 33.33%
Mid September 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
OFFICIAL KODIAK Meet Planning thread

soo I know the Kodiak meet idea has been tossed around a fair bit... and I like to plan things and have been there and such so I figured why not take the initiative on this thing? If anyone objects, speak now or forever hold your peace

For starters, we will need numbers for how many mainland folks (Fairbanks peeps should come too!) and how many Kodiak folks plan to go. the post after this will be a list that should get copied and pasted so we can get numbers! (like we did for the slider buy)

Next, we need to pick a date. I have talked with Coby (USCG2008) some about the trip and he is excited for us to come. I was originally thinking june or july for the meet but it sounds like he won't be around then. That leaves August or september. I was there in september and it was pretty rainy (The silvers were running though!!!)... I would imagine august would be a little better for that. If IS kodiak so it probably will be raining.

Coby gave me some info about trails around there. They sound pretty sweet! I will post up that info in another post... I don't want to make this one too scary.

Last, we will need some direction on what to do. As in of course we are wheelin and we don't have to do EVERYTHING as a group.... But camping vs staying in a hotel for a night (the bar science there is... something) fishing, surfing (yes, you can surf there!! ), etc. That's about all I know to do there.

We should pick dates and book sooner rather than later to make sure we can all get on a boat. (A ferry full of Tacomas?!?!?! )

sooooooooo.... Discuss!

Looks like August is best for everyone who has said anything so here are the final dates:

Depart: HOMER Wednesday, August 14 12:30 AM
Arrive: KODIAK Wednesday, August 14 2:00 PM
Vessel: M/V Tustumena
Duration: 13hr, 30min

Depart: KODIAK Saturday, August 17 11:15 PM
Arrive: HOMER Sunday, August 18 9:00 AM
Vessel: M/V Tustumena

Looks like the total for 1 passenger + 1 Tacoma will be $358. Not too bad!!

Please, discuss
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"Mainland AK" Members interested:

1. Anna

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby

Things to do:
Hike
Off-Road (dur)
Camp
Fish
Surf

Possible Dates:
Weekend of Aug 2
Labor Day weekend
Any weekend in August
Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
I love snow!

Anddd copied from my conversation with Coby about the trails:

Well that would be AWSOME if a bunch of you guys would come up. I have plenty of ideas of where we could go. There's 4 major places we could go.

One is all longing roads and that would take the longest to get to, like an hr to get to end of the road maintained road to start the trails. But then there are miles and miles of logging roads that we could wheel.

The second one that about 45 mins to has a small trail along the coast and there are some beach access to that as well, but that isnt the best trail.

The third one is called saltree, it does get kind of tight in some spots where we could get a little trail pin stripping and some deeper water crossings. But that's the best all around trail and that one is 15 miles to the end of it the 15 back. It's. Mostly a 4wheeler trail and side by side trail but I think that our tacomas could fit down them. There is plenty of places to camp there at the beginning of the trail. My buddies and I did a weekend camping trip on the river there last summer.

The last one is cliff point, which is the closet to get to but is also the smallest. Its kind of a place to get screw around a bit and a little bit of beach area to drive on.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post

1. Anna
2. Ben

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby

Definitely in.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Originally Posted by chipnoreo

1. Anna
2. Ben

3. Charles

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also interested. The sooner we figure out dates, the better...there's a lot of field work coming up this summer so I need to put time off requests in as soon as I can.

I've also heard about the saltery road, it's an old overgrown jeep trail. If a jeep can do it, we certainly can...maybe not me with my stock setup. I can certainly try though!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
N8ivFlav is on a distinguished road

Name: aaron
N8ivFlav's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the dates I would be interested as well
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
423 TACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm definately in. As long as we don't end up having an exercise I should be free any weekend. I'm also down for whatever the group wants to do!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
I love snow!

Lets throw some dates out there!

Ill start. Lets see... Weekend of aug 3
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Stormtrooper Corps

Labor Day is Monday September 2...

I'm just hoping the weather is in our favor.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
Labor Day is Monday September 2...

I'm just hoping the weather is in our favor.
There is a 90% chance of rain
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
423 TACO is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Lmao that's what I've been told!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
There is a 90% chance of rain
Debbie downer.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #14
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
That's gonna be the sickest ferry ride ever with all our tacos up there.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
That's gonna be the sickest ferry ride ever with all our tacos up there.
SO EXCITED FOR THE FERRY RIDE
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery

1. Anna
2. Ben
3. Charles
4. Matt

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That might be one of my last AK meets.. after that ill be headed to school down in the states
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post

1. Anna
2. Ben
3. Charles
4. Matt

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby
What? No me?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #19
I love snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan toy View Post
What? No me?

You have to put yourself on the list......
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #20
Stormtrooper Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post

1. Anna
2. Ben
3. Charles
4. Matt
5. Steve

Kodiak Members:
1. Coby
Remember, I'm new around these here parts.