Notices

Breakin' the law!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
Breakin' the law!!!

Anybody run rigid dully 2 ambers for fog lights? im prepping the truck for the move. (do it now that im in the lower 48 less shipping cost) just wondered if anyone has had trouble with the local 5-0 cause of lighting/other mods? my wife before she had her new car had tint from when she lived in texas, and the alaska trooper pulled her for 2% over legal tint. hoping they wont be as anal about everything else. thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
They cops are super anal about tint up here. However, I have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for lighting. I'm sure it happens but it's not often.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I think those lights are illegal to run in the brightest form . They're bright . I believe you can tone them down though .
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
Jdogg907 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Jdogg907's Tacoma Gallery
I had my bar on they didnt say anything it was dark though
Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of these....and since you're all here.....I'm now a dealer for rigid.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ries-leds.html lemme know what you need here and I can hook it up. Especially for locals.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
Ben that's awesome I will have to go through you next time I buy lights. I've been pulled over for my hid headlights in Seward but I think I was the only one in that place with hids so I kinda stood out
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #7
AkRyan is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
AkRyan's Tacoma Gallery
I had a cop roll up to me when i was parked with my headlights on the other night and asked me about my hids. He basically said, "Those are the brightest head lights I've ever seen. I bet you can see well at night. Have a nice evening."
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
^thats awesome hahaha stoked to get my own lights set up!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Had a cop light me up for not turning off my lightforce fast enough once. He didn't bother pulling me over though, he was probably too busy being blind
Old 10-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a set of d2s with the snap on amber lense. I know these are way too bright for on road use so I always turn them off if I see oncoming traffic. Haven't heard of a cop pulling someone over for auxiliary lights. But I have heard of people getting pulled over for stupid plug n play HID headlights.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
RipVanDango is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st MLG, Engineer Maint. Co. (04-08)
Name: Cody
RipVanDango's Tacoma Gallery
I've installed these and the best set up had a bar and one dually set up together and the single harness for the passenger side dually. With the duallys pointed out you can run the right hand side dually constantly. Chris at ak led drove all the way from Fairbanks with his ditch light on and didn't get pulled over. Good for spotting moose at night.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Spoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Spoon93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanDango View Post
I've installed these and the best set up had a bar and one dually set up together and the single harness for the passenger side dually. With the duallys pointed out you can run the right hand side dually constantly. Chris at ak led drove all the way from Fairbanks with his ditch light on and didn't get pulled over. Good for spotting moose at night.
That's actually a really smart idea. I always see Elk crossing the highways down here and have come damn close to nailing a few. I might have to do that if/when I get a light bar.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
I got pulled over once for forgetting to turn my lights on once. That's the only time I have ever had to take a sobriety test. I passed.