Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Alaska

Notices

Alarm randomly goes off

Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
riclong13 is on a distinguished road
Army:
riclong13's Tacoma Gallery
Alarm randomly goes off

In the past year, my alarm system starts going off at random times in the night during winter. It doesn't go off during the day. I purchased it used from Kendall Toyota in Anchorage. Anyone else have this issue up here? And what should I do to stop the alarm from going off at night?
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes. Is it a factory alarm or was it installed aftermarket?

I'd take it to whomever installed it.

Ya sure people aren't just messing with your truck at night?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
riclong13 is on a distinguished road
Army:
riclong13's Tacoma Gallery
I am sure people are not messing with it because it had happens to nights ago. There were no new footprints in the snow. Plus I have older neighbors. Now as for who installed it it hade to of been factor I bought it from Toyota withit already installed.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if there was any previous collision repair done on it? I've had that problem before on another vehicle after repair to the side panels/door areas. I think the door latching was just a millimeter off from the original. Not enough to notice visually but you could feel the difference when closing the doors.

So I'm guessing the wind or temp changes affected the sensor just enough to set it off sometimes. There's probably a sensor around the hood latch area as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by riclong13 View Post
I am sure people are not messing with it because it had happens to nights ago. There were no new footprints in the snow. Plus I have older neighbors. Now as for who installed it it hade to of been factor I bought it from Toyota withit already installed.

Ah I see, snow is good for that.

what's the brand? Alarms are a pain in the ass. I almost always just take mine to the shop that installed it and let them deal with it.