Notices

Headlight Retro fit help

Old 06-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight Retro fit help

Does anyone in the Anchorage area have any experience doing retro fit work? my head lights are jacked from being stationed in the UK. need to actually fix them for good and get rid of the duct tape. willing to pay back for hands on help with beer!!! thanks in advance

Mike
Old 06-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
AKCD is on a distinguished road
Name: Chase
AKCD's Tacoma Gallery
Ive done a retrofit with morimoto H1 minis. What projectors do you have?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Name: Luke
Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
I've done about three sets now. Biggest thing is to see aside enough time for painting if you plan on it.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
i am wanting to install the FR-X with amber led ring. i contemplated sending off for asianants to do the full thing but i dont want to pay that much nor can i afford to have my truck down for that much time. I'm open to suggestions. i havent orderd the parts as of yet. but i know the look that i want to do. just hesitant to start hacking away and mess something up. any help would be amazing
Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Natidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really niceNatidog is just really nice

Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
The guide on theretrofitsource is pretty good. If you order the stuff I'd be willing to help as long as you work out a date with me. I can bring a dremel if you don't have one. Makes clockwork out of it.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You should just trade me, nine are done
Old 06-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtweed87 View Post
i am wanting to install the FR-X with amber led ring. i contemplated sending off for asianants to do the full thing but i dont want to pay that much nor can i afford to have my truck down for that much time. I'm open to suggestions. i havent orderd the parts as of yet. but i know the look that i want to do. just hesitant to start hacking away and mess something up. any help would be amazing
If you're that hesitant and uneasy about the install, I would consider a D2S or H1 retrofit for your first go. It's a lot easier and completely reversible. FX-R's require permanent modification to the housing.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mine are already permanently modified for you!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #9

Natidog's Tacoma Gallery
If it's an even trade, that's a really good deal AF.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
Purveyor of Fun

I'd have to get a little bit for them, but far better than you're going to get buying new. They go for around 700 complete on here pretty normally. I'd do 300 plus yours. Lemme know man!