Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Alaska (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/alaska/)
-   -   Drunken Russian Roulette, thoughts? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/alaska/144450-drunken-russian-roulette-thoughts.html)

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 06:38 AM

Drunken Russian Roulette, thoughts?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41962742...me_and_courts/

I agree with the him being held, but at the same time...I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Brunes 03-08-2011 06:40 AM

He needs to be punched in the face for being a moron.

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunes (Post 2844483)
He needs to be punched in the face for being a moron.

I definitely agree with that!

Ccwahoo 03-08-2011 06:43 AM

people act stupid when drunk, but this guy didn't pull the trigger

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccwahoo (Post 2844492)
people act stupid when drunk, but this guy didn't pull the trigger

Thats the thing, but he gave the guy the gun and the bullet...its an edgy thing for sure.

Ccwahoo 03-08-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron1mcc (Post 2844507)
Thats the thing, but he gave the guy the gun and the bullet...its an edgy thing for sure.

yeah I guess just chalk it up to them both being eat up with the dumbass

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 08:58 AM

I definitely think they both had/have issues.

Pugga 03-08-2011 09:10 AM

I wouldn't want to go drinking with that guy... I've got mixed feelings on it, I could make an argument either way. I think he should be charged with something having to do with mishandling the firearm but not murder.

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 09:14 AM

I would say that the least is misconduct involving a firearm. But I'm sure you can get charged with assisted suicide as well...I find it odd however that the Army doesn't seem involved with the charges (at least nothing in the article about that), would they charge him after the state does or would that constitute a double jeopardy situation?

Brunes 03-08-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron1mcc (Post 2845025)
I would say that the least is misconduct involving a firearm. But I'm sure you can get charged with assisted suicide as well...I find it odd however that the Army doesn't seem involved with the charges (at least nothing in the article about that), would they charge him after the state does or would that constitute a double jeopardy situation?

There is no such thing as "double jeopardy" that bridges the gap between the civil/criminal and the UCMJ "jurisdictions."

Prime example of this is a DUI- You can get charged/convicted of DUI and go to jail/pay fines/etc and still be masted for it. You can also still be punished even if the civilian criminal charges are dropped.

Tacoma831 03-08-2011 11:00 AM

Natural selection.

TacoTabe 03-08-2011 11:05 AM

Sounds like bullshit that the dude is getting charged with 2nd degree murder. They dont charge gun stores with murder for selling guns to people who kill themselves or other- why this guy? I wonder if hes being made an example of...

On another note, I read somewhere that the weight of a bullet causes the wheel to stop with the bullet 'at the bottom' far more often than anywhere else, resulting in very low chances of actually shooting yourself in Russian Roulette... Perhaps this isnt true though :confused:

gpend5.7sport 03-08-2011 11:08 AM

i say 5 years for being irresponsible with a firearm, there is a reason we use those in wars they are very good at killing things so one in the hands of an idiot like those two deserves punishment, he does not deserve a slap on the wrist for his stupidity he deserves jail time to get it through his dumbass head. bookem

KodiakToyTRD 03-08-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunes (Post 2845364)
There is no such thing as "double jeopardy" that bridges the gap between the civil/criminal and the UCMJ "jurisdictions."

Prime example of this is a DUI- You can get charged/convicted of DUI and go to jail/pay fines/etc and still be masted for it. You can also still be punished even if the civilian criminal charges are dropped.

I was thinking the same thing, just wasn't sure in this case.

Khaos 03-08-2011 05:32 PM

Murder? No.

Extreme stupidity? Yes.

Idiot deserves to be punished, but not for murder. Anyone who has half a brain knows never to point a firearm at anything unless you plan on killing it.

Guns and alcohol do not mix.

Pingo 03-08-2011 06:09 PM

I don't think he should be charged with murder... Assisting in suicide, or weapon misconduct, or a combination of both sounds more reasonable. Drunk or not he should be held accountable for how he acts with a firearm. Playing Russian roulette is completely stupid and he deserves to be held somewhat responsible. For the people who think he shouldn't be charged with anything and making comparisons to letting a friend borrow a car and running over someone or a gun store being held responsible; It was his gun his bullet both of which he handed to his friend fully knowing that he was planning on playing russian roulette. The fact that he is a soldier in my opinion only makes him more responsible and should be held more accountable.