Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

all-pro bumper question.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
all-pro bumper question.

I really want to pull the trigger on an allpro front bumper. The main reason is 1. Looks 2. I would really like a front winch i do moderate off roading
Can you use a highlift on a allpro? also i would get it in bare metal and am not afraid to weld in some bracing into the bumper to add some strength.
How do they hold up to deer encounters? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
It's a great bumper for off road clearance and mounting a winch. I haven't had any trouble with mine in that aspect. If you hit a deer you'll most likely have to replace it. It's thin and 3 separate pieces (leaves room for stuff to bend). If you want something to hit deer with I would go with a one piece design that's a little thicker than All Pro's (Relentless Fab, ARB, Shrockworks, etc.) They have great customer service though.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
If you want something to hit deer with
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
jackal is just really nicejackal is just really nicejackal is just really nicejackal is just really nice
jackal's Tacoma Gallery
demello's coming out with a plate bumper soon that should be a good alternative. looks similar with more options and looks a bit thicker.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160774
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a hi-lift yet, but a buddy of mine with a land rover does, i may be at his place this weekend, if so, i'll try jacking up the front end by one of the shackles. i've been wondering the same thing. i don't see why it wouldn't work....lifting the front is less weight than a winch will pull, so it would seem to be plenty strong.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
To the op,

It should hold up just fine w/ deer encounters. The thing i love about all pro's design is that it IS different pieces. So in the long run if you bang up a wing of the bumper you dont have to buy the entire new bumper.

Using the hi-lift from the shackles is just fine...

I love my AP bumper and now with the new design w/more clearance and approach angles I dont feel like ill be hanging up on anything. One of the slickest looking bumpers out there too IMO.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILSTI View Post
I just installed mine and love it.
same here, got mine on over the weekend and love it so far, just have to get a chance to use it now.

Even managed to get the stock headlights to work

you'll be very happy with the all pro
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
There's a couple of flaws in the Demello bumper:

1. it looks stupid not going all the way out to the fender flares.
2. It's way to close to the body and doesn't allow for body flex (It's just a fact of life with these trucks).
3. It looks like another copy of the AP bumper, why by something that someone is trying to imulate when you can have the real thing?

To the OP, yes you can use a hi lift with AP bumper either via the shacles or the holes in the bumper.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
To the OP, yes you can use a hi lift with AP bumper either via the shacles or the holes in the bumper.
Do not use the hi lift in the holes. They aren't designed to hold any weight. They are merely there to let air pass through.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #11

^^^that was the first thing i though... looks goofy not reaching out to the fender flares.

and you're right, it looks good, but having no room between the bumper and the body panels is no bueno.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatataco View Post
Could someone please post up some larger pictures of the bumper, for instance the hoop, and close up on the powder coating. I am interested and would like to get in on that group buy.

more pics here
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
There's a couple of flaws in the Demello bumper:

1. it looks stupid not going all the way out to the fender flares.
2. It's way to close to the body and doesn't allow for body flex (It's just a fact of life with these trucks).
3. It looks like another copy of the AP bumper, why by something that someone is trying to imulate when you can have the real thing?

The final version will go all the way to the fender flares and it has more room for flex.

It's actually a copy of our first plate bumper which is the FJ bumper. It's only widen and changed slightly.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm extremely intrested in the Demello plate bumper just because it looks beefier than All-Pro and its a one piece design.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
I If you want something to hit deer...
but in all seriousness this is the only reason I would get a bumper
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #16
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post
The final version will go all the way to the fender flares and it has more room for flex.

It's actually a copy of our first plate bumper which is the FJ bumper. It's only widen and changed slightly.
That explains why it was too narrow. Because it looked really goofy like that. But all these plate bumpers look like the All-Pro style bumper or vis versa. I'm waiting to see a truly "revolutionary design"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
I'm extremely intrested in the Demello plate bumper just because it looks beefier than All-Pro and its a one piece design.
Thanks for sharing??? You know Demello has their own section to discuss their products. I'm sure they would be happy to start a new thread about it over there *Hint hint*
Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
same here, got mine on over the weekend and love it so far, just have to get a chance to use it now.

Even managed to get the stock headlights to work
Did you have to do any modifications to get the stock fog lights to fit??
Old 11-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibaChief View Post
Did you have to do any modifications to get the stock fog lights to fit??
to the bumper, no. but i had to make a little bracket to hold a bolt to the bottom of the stock fog light so that i could bolt it to the tab on the bumper. i don't have any pictures, but look at "krookz" build thread. i believe he has some pictures of how he did it. i sortof followed what he did.