Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

New Bolt-On Rock Guard Design - NOW AVAILABLE!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #21
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you soooo much duck. I truly appreciate it. I have been looking everywhere for a pic of an access cab and have had no luck as of yet. only double cabs. im sure they look fantastic but i just wanted to make sure to finish talking myself into gettin a set and gettin rid of my chrome step bars..... they will be put on my GF's 2010 tacoma. she is a lot shorter than me and has troubles gettin in and out of her truck let alone mine.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #22
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
sigh....there is really nothing out there for us double cab long beds but weld ons.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #23
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
is that $399 including shipping
Old 12-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #24
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
will it fit on acc. cab with long bed??? dblcb short bed and ac long bed should be the same length or am I missing something? whats the shipping to 96720? Very nice work
Old 12-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #25
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you duck. I really appreciate it. looks great by the way. do you happen to have any side shots of the truck?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Not right now, I can grab one in the morning for you
Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #27
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
These are probably the sliders I am gonna go with. They look sweet!

How much drilling do you have to do? I know it says minimal.. and I guess it tells you where on the instructions? I assume you bolt on what you can, and just match the pre-drilled holes with your frame, drill em out then bolt em in?
Old 01-01-2011, 04:10 AM   #28
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOTOY View Post
will it fit on acc. cab with long bed??? dblcb short bed and ac long bed should be the same length or am I missing something? whats the shipping to 96720? Very nice work

I'm pretty sure Sarah just made a typo and meant access cab long beds, as there is no access cab short bed.

These sliders rock!

(Not the best picture, I need to get some close ups!)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #30
Save the manuals!
darcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud ofdarcivic00si has much to be proud of
darcivic00si's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT: Nevermind
Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #31
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

These sliders rock!

(Not the best picture, I need to get some close ups!)
Old 01-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
OK so i got to bolting these things up today.

Here is a better shot of the recessed bolts on the bottom

they sit completely flush, pretty trick...

Here is a shot on the truck, I used spray bedliner in a can, and they came out nice

I do have some questions. I would say they are 90% installed. I need to take them off and drill the top two holes from the front leg, I tried to do it with them on, but I ended up breaking a self tap screw, and gave up on those for today. I understand those, I assume a right angle drill will fit up there. I will need to go pick up one more screw

here is a legit question. There are 4 bolt that go through the side of the frame, three being existing holes. at the back of the plate there is this

and this

Which hole do I use? or both? the top hole it so close to the bar, that I couldnt put a washer on it ( I had the same issue on the front most hole on the drivers side). I am going to mark it so I can drill it when I take them off to fix the front leg.

They are good enough for steps now, but I want to make sure they are rock solid....

Nice design overall, and all the holes lined up perfectly, accept that I couldnt get a washer on the front bolt on the drivers side since the hole was so close to the second leg.

Justin
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #33
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post

Which hole do I use? or both?
Justin,

You do not need to bolt both of those holes up. Just use the rear most hole to drill and mount your bolts. We have now eliminated the top hole as it was used for an access cab, but the rear most hole is universal from an AC to a DC now.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We are working on the instructions this week and should now be going out with any new orders for the Rock Sliders!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #34
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
John talk to Eddie (ddayisnear) when he gets his and installs them. I was hanging with him this past weekend and he should have his this week or next.

you have to drill 4 holes in the bottom of the frame on each side, and 5 holes in the side on each side. it uses 3 existing holes on each side.

not huge holes either, so if you have a sharp bit and keep it oiled, it will cut through pretty easy.

Justin
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #35
LivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud of
Name: Rodney
LivianInt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Justin,

You do not need to bolt both of those holes up. Just use the rear most hole to drill and mount your bolts. We have now eliminated the top hole as it was used for an access cab, but the rear most hole is universal from an AC to a DC now.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We are working on the instructions this week and should now be going out with any new orders for the Rock Sliders!
Instructions would be great. Mine were delivered this week and I have drivers side held in place with floor jack and jack stands. Clarity for which bolts go where will speed the install. Also order of drilling and any known tricks for avoiding brakelines is appreciated.
Rod
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #36
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivianInt View Post
Instructions would be great. Mine were delivered this week and I have drivers side held in place with floor jack and jack stands. Clarity for which bolts go where will speed the install. Also order of drilling and any known tricks for avoiding brakelines is appreciated.
Rod
What I did was C-Clamp it tight to the frame make sure it all lined up (obviously)...I drilled side holes first, drilled a small hole from the front then a large one from the rear, then proceeded to do the bottom, used a 4x4 block and a 2x4 piece of wood and worked it like a lever (took like seconds to drill a hole using this method) then once those were all bolted and tighten I proceeded to do the holes which used the self tapping holes.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivianInt View Post
Rod
I put a 1x2 on the inside of the frame rail when drilling the drivers side to project the brake lines if the drill went through to quick

if you want a hand, you know where to find me

I installed in this order and it went well

hold it up with a floor jack and install at tighten three bolts that use existing holds

drill the bolt down the bottom bolts, and then marked the front for the self tappers and the rear most bolt.

take them off, drill the front 4 holes for the self tapers, and the rear most hole.

the bolt them back up

Justin
Old 02-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #38
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ready to buy a pair! Let me know where to send funds. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #39
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
any plans for the dclb ?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #40
LivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud ofLivianInt has much to be proud of
Name: Rodney
LivianInt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68ur8trd View Post
I put a 1x2 on the inside of the frame rail when drilling the drivers side to project the brake lines if the drill went through to quick

if you want a hand, you know where to find me

I installed in this order and it went well

hold it up with a floor jack and install at tighten three bolts that use existing holds

drill the bolt down the bottom bolts, and then marked the front for the self tappers and the rear most bolt.

take them off, drill the front 4 holes for the self tapers, and the rear most hole.

the bolt them back up

Justin
Thanks for the post... I got them on this weekend. I did pretty much the same order except I drilled the front 4 holes and the rear most hole with the sliders still in place. I did mount them up and got all of the drilling done then pulled them off for paint (good advice Justin). Painted and dried Sunday morning and mounted them back on Sunday. Big job for one person but doable.
Rod