Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

AllPro Expedition Leaf Spring install...

Old 07-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #41
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
So from what I gather these springs are workin out pretty good for those that have got em?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #42
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
So from what I gather these springs are workin out pretty good for those that have got em?

Yep they are awesome in this pic i had about 600lbs of camping gear in the bed as well as a 200lb camper shell and never bottomed out once well unless i was flexing

Also they flex pretty well

Here is the stance loaded.

And unloaded.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yep they are awesome in this pic i had about 600lbs of camping gear in the bed as well as a 200lb camper shell and never bottomed out once well unless i was flexing

Also they flex pretty well

Here is the stance loaded.

And unloaded.

Thanks man. I've been looking at gettin some new springs, but wanted something that would carry some weight.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #44
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
So these dont ride really stiff when they are unloaded? Im looking at getting a set.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
what shocks is everyone running???
Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #47
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i got extended travel 5100's from dsm
this is what dsm said to me
Hi Scott,

We're currently looking for a shock that will work for that set up. I believe Allpro has their own part# that they sell. You may want to check with them. The 2 different Bilstein 5100 shocks we sell are either too short, or too long. The ones that are listed for 3-4" lift, are long enough to accommodate your leaf packs, but since that spring flexes so much, the collapsed length on the shock is too long. We're waiting on information to come back from several customers in the field...

and what toytec said
Hello, how much lift are you getting? You really need to find out what the extended and collapsed lengths by flexing out the rear of your truck. From there we can help find a suitable shock that may fit.

help
Old 08-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #48
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100s for 3-4" and havent had a problem and im.running the standard pack
Old 08-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #49
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
what shocks is everyone running???
Running the Walker Evan's AP sells (non-res) they're nice, cheap shocks, and rebuildable which is a plus. I know most people are running the Fox Res that AP sells.

Have been looking into the new Icon 2.5 Res Shocks to see if they will fit or not, I know there is one member on here running them, but I don't know how they do flexing out offroad (too short or not)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #51
PineappleGrenade is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
PineappleGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
can anyone tell me how to install the rear Fox Shox Remotes that come with these springs? They came brand new from all pro with rubber washers zip tied to the lower shock mounts. Are they used for anything? Do the lower bushings need changed to fit a Tacoma? I think they may be set up from the factory for FJs.....im so
Old 08-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #52
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
this is what dsm said to me
Hi Scott,

We're currently looking for a shock that will work for that set up. I believe Allpro has their own part# that they sell. You may want to check with them. The 2 different Bilstein 5100 shocks we sell are either too short, or too long. The ones that are listed for 3-4" lift, are long enough to accommodate your leaf packs, but since that spring flexes so much, the collapsed length on the shock is too long. We're waiting on information to come back from several customers in the field...

and what toytec said
Hello, how much lift are you getting? You really need to find out what the extended and collapsed lengths by flexing out the rear of your truck. From there we can help find a suitable shock that may fit.

help
i havent had a problem but i also havent been able to really take my truck out and wheel and flex it till i cant none more. lol but i got a meet this weekend and i will let you know how it goes but i also dont have bump stops on my truck i guess i should get some on there
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
desertrock will become famous soon enoughdesertrock will become famous soon enough
Army: Quartermaster, We Support
Name: Keoni
desertrock's Tacoma Gallery
...for the Bilstein 5100 I just moved the shock mount a bit lower on the frame. Smooth as HELL! Question for all, Got the U-bolt flip kit from All-Pro but not the Timbren Bumpstops, any way to mount the stock bumpstops? Can I drill the plate and the plate on the bumpstops to bolt them in? I got a 2006 TRD Access Cab. Will post some pics soon.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #54
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrock View Post
...for the Bilstein 5100 I just moved the shock mount a bit lower on the frame. Smooth as HELL! Question for all, Got the U-bolt flip kit from All-Pro but not the Timbren Bumpstops, any way to mount the stock bumpstops? Can I drill the plate and the plate on the bumpstops to bolt them in? I got a 2006 TRD Access Cab. Will post some pics soon.
Yes, but since i got the timbrens with the flip kit the had drilled the flip kit ready for bolts so all i had.to do is drill out the factory bumps... U might have to thread ur plates
Old 08-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #56
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i havent had a problem but i also havent been able to really take my truck out and wheel and flex it till i cant none more. lol but i got a meet this weekend and i will let you know how it goes but i also dont have bump stops on my truck i guess i should get some on there
Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #57
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
I am putting my expedition springs on today with the 5100's and I am going to see what I can do with the stock bump stop for now. I can't wait to get these on.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #58
XXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrock View Post
Mine were welded onto the Ubolt plate itself.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #59
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I'm running 5100's with mine and the shocks are limiting my flex.
Well get some longer shocks then smarty pants! Also do you have any pics of them installed as well?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #60
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Like the stance? or pics of the springs?
The stance. I'm assuming we carry About the same weight in the rear too