Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

AllPro Expedition Leaf Spring install...

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #61
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Uploading..............
Gracias hombre
Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #62
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Front is exactly 3" of lift. Rear is ~4.5
my 35's will tuck in there nicely
Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #63
Quote:
well sell your 33's and get them! i saw in your build you picked some up i thought?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #64
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm running 5100's with mine and the shocks are limiting my flex.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #65
cotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of lightcotruckin is a glorious beacon of light
cotruckin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cotruckin
I got mine on today, definitely takes the bumps way better. The rear does sit pretty high even with the topper on, need to get more gear to carry in the bed. Hopefully once they settle a little and I get my ATO rear bumper (hoping I can order soon) it will sit just right. Now I just need to save up for rear shocks, I can tell the 5100's are going to limit the flex. Besides super expensive resi's what do you guys recommend? I saw the Walker Evans, was also thinking the 5125's. Pictures tomorrow, it is dark out now.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
kimber45 is on a distinguished road
Name: jay
kimber45's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting the expos end of this month ! how does it ride with bed empty ? i talked to allpro and they recommended that u atleast put some kinda weight in bed .like sand bags if ur not carrying any loads . and did u hav any shakin or vibrations after install? or did u use any angle shims or cb drop kit? didnt c any in pik!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #67
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Bump it up- Mine are enroute. DSM was able to spec me a pair of Icon remote res rears for these leafs.

For the record I read on exportal that these leafs were 17" collapsed and 26" extended, so the shock needs to have 27" of extension.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #68
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Bump it up- Mine are enroute. DSM was able to spec me a pair of Icon remote res rears for these leafs.

For the record I read on exportal that these leafs were 17" collapsed and 26" extended, so the shock needs to have 27" of extension.
You mean 9" travel? It's extended minus collapsed equals travel. I would go with 9.5" or 10" and adjust the bump-stops accordingly to be on the safe side. Especially since you 2nd gens typically have the shocks mounted outside the springs. (Meaning they'll travel a tad more than the springs during articulation.)
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #69
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
You mean 9" travel? It's extended minus collapsed equals travel. I would go with 9.5" or 10" and adjust the bump-stops accordingly to be on the safe side. Especially since you 2nd gens typically have the shocks mounted outside the springs. (Meaning they'll travel a tad more than the springs during articulation.)
Right, so they need to have 9.5-10" of travel if you want the leafs to be the limiting factor. Those numbers are the actual shock lengths when collapsed and extended.

Edit- What up ABQ? I bought my truck at Karl Malone Toyota when I lived out there! Popped her cherry at the Puerco!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #70
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right, so they need to have 9.5-10" of travel if you want the leafs to be the limiting factor. Those numbers are the actual shock lengths when collapsed and extended.

Edit- What up ABQ? I bought my truck at Karl Malone Toyota when I lived out there! Popped her cherry at the Puerco!
Yup..

haha Nice, man! Borque is still kickin. Everybody loves the Puerco. I'm down there almost every week, and there are always a lot of people.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #71
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
expo springs working it .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hI7sXzDlYQ
Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #72
wuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
wuzzy121's Tacoma Gallery
So with no weight in my bed and these springs on I have a vibration when I start off and till I hit about 30. Any ideas what it could be and or how to fix it?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy121 View Post
So with no weight in my bed and these springs on I have a vibration when I start off and till I hit about 30. Any ideas what it could be and or how to fix it?
I would hazard a guess that you've altered the geometry of drive line system, specifically the angle of the rear axle. My understanding is that it should be like this.

Also, I'm no expert and if it were me I'd create a separate thread about your issue, you may be better served that way. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #74
mandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud of

mandzach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When measuring the travel of the rear suspension, you should also measure the additional droop that the shackle provides.

I'm pulling 11" of travel (65% is down travel) with these springs, BAMF shock relocation kit and 12" 2.5 Kings.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #75
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
I got bad vibes after these install what degree shims do i need??
Thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #76
Toyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Devin
Toyotamudbogs's Tacoma Gallery
So if I get this set of expos on my 06 can I put air bags to tow my travel trailer . And still be able to off road and get my flex on . Or will I get less flex with the air bags
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #77
mandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud ofmandzach has much to be proud of

mandzach's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotamudbogs View Post
So if I get this set of expos on my 06 can I put air bags to tow my travel trailer . And still be able to off road and get my flex on . Or will I get less flex with the air bags
The all pro expos excel at droop or down travel.
Ever see what happens to an air bag when spring down traval exceeds the bags operational range?
It's kinda ugly, rips the bag.

If your planning on towing with heavy tongue weight, look at Dakar leaf set. But if your tongue weight is resonable then AllPro expos will do fine.

Bags and off-road flex do not mix. Only option for that is those bags that connect at one side and slam on a strike plate on the other side. Those don't do well when debris gets on the strike pad.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #78
Toyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant futureToyotamudbogs has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Devin
Toyotamudbogs's Tacoma Gallery
10-4 I won't do the air bags then. So every one is putting 9.5 to 10" shocks on there leaf packs right. ?
Old 03-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #79
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
MoneyProof Thanks for the write-up.. I used it as a reference when I installed them today. I also did it by myself. never done that before but I had Ben (Benson X) check my work.. rep'd

The springs are awesome!

Before 2'' Block

All pro expo's

Ben and I
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #80
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof