Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

AllPro Expedition Leaf Spring install...

Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
AllPro Expedition Leaf Spring install...

for almost 2 years now my AllPro regular duty 3" lift leaf springs have served me well.. i can say i have put em through just about everything..from rock crawling, to pre running, and now towing the MonkeyCrawler. i cannot say enough about them and their performance. but..they weren't designed for heavy cargo applications such as towing another truck like what i have been doing recently. the regular 3" lift springs were made to have lots of flex on the trail and to have overall improved ride comfort....

the new Heavy Duty Expedition springs were designed to carry heavier cargo while keeping the flex that's desired on the trail while maintaining ride comfort. at first i was thinking whatever, you cant have both.. the ability to have heavy loads and have a flexy spring for the trail. after being on several trail runs with Sara and watching how the prototype springs perform in person i wanted a pair. and finally after months and months of bugging Sara and the rest of the AllPro crew i finally got a pair today...

i'm in the middle of installing them as i type all this haha...but here are a few picks. more will be posted when the installation is completed

Old 01-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
obligatory
Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
It's about time someone installed some. Mine are going on soon it's killing me to look at them every day just sitting on the floor.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!

Me want more photos
Old 01-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
here was my install on a 1st gen all pro expos w/ 5150's

here is a pic of it without the all pro expos

Old 01-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
It's about time someone installed some. Mine are going on soon it's killing me to look at them every day just sitting on the floor.
mail them to me so i can put them on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
here was my install on a 1st gen all pro expos w/ 5150's

here is a pic of it without the all pro expos

dam whats leaking all over there????
Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
sorry a little mess with the brake fluid...but its good now...
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
obligatory
are you talking about the obligatory reach-a-round or something else hahahahah
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
mail them to me so i can put them on

Sorry bud there going on my truck.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Power Top

almost done..
Old 03-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
nrspence is on a distinguished road

Army: 1 BTN 640th RTI
Name: Nate
nrspence's Tacoma Gallery
So how do you like the expediton leafs so far?
Nate
Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrspence View Post
So how do you like the expediton leafs so far?
Nate

so far i love these springs..i wish i had them a lot sooner. the overall ride is heck of a lot better both on the the highway and most significantly better in the dirt. but most importantly..towing. my truck is more level when towing as compared to the regular AllPro springs that i previously had. and the ride comfort and handling is much better since im not bottoming out any more

pics taking this morning...

Old 03-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I guess a lot of people like the U bolt flip kit. I am waiting for my tax return to come in the mail then i am buying my all pro u bolt flip kit and deaver's spring kit.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #14
nrspence is on a distinguished road

Army: 1 BTN 640th RTI
Name: Nate
nrspence's Tacoma Gallery
Well the u bolt flip kit is awesome, but why would you run deavers? This thread is about ALL PRO springs. He just commented on how much he likes the expedition leafs. Please read the thread before you comment. You just look stupid.
Nate
Old 04-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #15
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Monkeyproof maybe you can help me. Tonight we have been trying to install the Allpro standerd leaf pack with no sucess. Once we mount the spring the centering pin is WAY too far forward. We just can't seem to get the axel to move forward enough to get the pin into the purch. Any ideas? I have an 07 Access cab.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #16
Power Top

do you have the springs backwards..not to offend or anything but gotta start somewhere hahaha
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
No the toque leaf is to the front of the truck ( per Jason @ Allpro's instructions). Now we did try to flip them then the damn centering pin is so far to the rear that the drive shaft starts to run out of splines.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #18
Power Top

hmm..dont know what instructions were sent to you so i cant say right or wrong..i know from my install the part number on the springs are always next to the rear hanger. maybe possible that if you removed both springs at the same time the axle has moved a bit so youll just have to realign the axle some
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
No instructions were sent. I talked to Jason on the phone. Anyhow... We have both springs off the truck. Placed the new ones in the hangers. We looked where the cernering pin was and it was 5-6 inchs (to the front) of the purch. When we tried to move the axel forward enough to catch the pin it caused the spline on the DS to close all the way and we had no more forward movement. We gave up for the night. From what we can see...If we move the axel far enough to engage the centering pin the bump stop location is well forward of where it sould hit the frame bumpstop plate. I hope this make sense. For give and spelling mistakes...Been a Long day.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
Power Top

only thing i can suggest is give AllPro a call tomorrow..without physically being there i cant see whats going. maybe you can find someone in your area who has already installed them to give a hand..good luck tomorrow, maybe everything will just fall in place