Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

u-bolts too short for dakars

Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
u-bolts too short for dakars

Hey guys, just wanted to say that the u-bolts that come with the flip kit are too short to work with dakar leafs. I was told they would be fine. Only half of the threads engage on the nut and that is without using the washers. Are longer u-bolts available to work with these leafs? Thanks.

EDIT: THE U-BOLTS THAT COME WITH THIS KIT ACTUALLY DO WORK WITH THE DAKARS. THEY ACCIDENTLY SENT ME THE WRONG ONES. SO IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT RUNNING THIS SETUP, DO IT!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
i purchased the ome ubolts made for dakars but they are not flipped kit
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Cool I may need to do that. We'll see.
oh you were asking All-pro....my bad
Old 02-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Snip....ah, I see.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #7

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
You should be asking All-Pro, not us.
he was....me and you shoulda lookd where he posted it
Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #8
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
he was....me and you shoulda lookd where he posted it

Yeah, my problem is I roll in and look at the front page for interesting topics. I pretty much ignore the rest of the info.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #10

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, my problem is I roll in and look at the front page for interesting topics. I pretty much ignore the rest of the info.
oh it's not a problem....its a sickness and i have it too
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
most trailer and spring shops can make custom u-bolts. usually they're only about $10 a piece. just give them the diamiter of your axle and how long you need the threads. i had to get some made to fix a boat trailer. they work great.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
buy a rear block lift kit and use the u-bolts from it. just measure the ones you have and make sure the ones in the kit are long enough. any vato zone, o reilly, pep boys, etc should have them in stock.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
buy a rear block lift kit and use the u-bolts from it. just measure the ones you have and make sure the ones in the kit are long enough. any vato zone, o reilly, pep boys, etc should have them in stock.

He needs u-bolts that'll fit the flip kit.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup - different than stock type.

I just called all-pro today and they dont have longer ones.

I'm getting new ones built tomorrow from a local shop who does that kind of thing. They are goint to be the same as all-pros but 1.5" longer.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
yup - different than stock type.

I just called all-pro today and they dont have longer ones.

I'm getting new ones built tomorrow from a local shop who does that kind of thing. They are goint to be the same as all-pros but 1.5" longer.
i had to do what i said before. i have the ubolt flip kit and installed an 1/2" block that will made me. w/ the shims and the block installed, it was just too long to use the ones that came w/ the AP kit. the u bolts used in the AP are no different than any other u bolt out there. they're all shaped like a U. all you need to do is measure and make sure you get the ones from one of the kits that will be long enough to work for what you need.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #16

Not sure I like the decreased surface contact between the bolt and the axle...in any event, I won't have this issue I *hope*, still being on TSB springs with an AAL.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #18

Quote:
the stock u bolts are are flat so they sit flush on top of the leafs. When u flip em, they need to be round so they have the same curvature as the axle housing.

Technically it'll work without like Hodge is saying, it'll just look goofy and I question whether it's safe.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
the stock u bolts are are flat so they sit flush on top of the leafs. When u flip em, they need to be round so they have the same curvature as the axle housing.
and the u bolts in the block lift kits are typically rounded