1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Offroad Customer Service Stinks!!!

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by BlueSteel, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    X2 what chris just said. How about we wait for a response from AP instead of one siding it.

2. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Spent a few years doing that in college. Never again.

3. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
  4. Mar 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    Get a relentless bumper..

5. Mar 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    x2 !!

it's worth the return time :D

6. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Stirring up sh*t.:rolleyes: Eric's customer service department isn't big enough.:D

7. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    Yeah me too. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

8. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
  9. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    If your a reputable company and you make your customers wait when the company assures the customer that they have the product and, "I see them right now in our shop and available", then damn straight there should be a discount. And that is especially when All Pro is on here doing group buys and free bumpers trying to give good PR for the company.

I don't care about powder coating service, just showing that the price of the bumper isn't the cheapest out there and there are more steps that you as the customer have to do. I have a powdercoater down the road from me. Total cost of this bumper w/hitch and powdercoating is well over $1000.00.

That is what any company does when the company makes the mistake. I got replies to "Support TW Vendors" when I was originally looking for a new replacement. All Pro acted like they could give a s**t if you were TW or a common vagrant...didn't matter.

Again, it was All Pro's mistake. I could have been dealing with another company that cares about its customers and already had a bumper shipped out to me within that time.

OEM bumpers take longer for shop time and paint matching. An offroad bumper is an offroad bumper. You buy it and slap it on....job done. Definitely easier than OEM, paint, and labor costs.

That is your choice and I don't discourage you from buying with them. But, just know if any bad situation happens, then you will likely not get good customer service from them and or a call back...just saying.

10. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    +1

Especially when buying an American product and trying to support your country. Sure, I could have bought a Japanese imported OEM replacement bumper.

Chris, I even offered to wait a month for the bumper for just some kind of incentive on their part, if it being some percentage off your next purchase or a friendly manager...I mean anything!!! What I got was the manager is too busy to speak to you the customer. All Pro produced nada.

11. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Any custom fab bumper (All-Pro, Relentless, ATO, etc) all have a turn around period which is expected, due to the time it takes to weld a quality product! Most have a turn around period of 4wks or more! So having to wait is just part of the game!

12. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I'm want to know both sides of this one .

13. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    To the OP:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, that is certainly not our goal. We try to keep all our items in stock, but sometimes demand increases while our suppliers lead time increases as well. We have to run lean in these tight economic times, meaning we cannot afford to stock a lot of excess.

We ship orders in the order we receive them. As soon as we became aware we weren't going to have enough bumpers to go around, we promptly contacted our customers to inform them of the backorder. We leave it up to the customer to either wait or receive a full refund.

Most of our competitors have much longer lead times than us. We are a small business, currently with 12 employees, and for the amount of product we sell, we have a very small percentage of problems or complaints. In fact, we sold over 100 bumpers in the first 2 months of this year alone!

We strive to make every customer satisfied, but within reason. I don't think we were unreasonable at all. Even when you go to larger retailers, like Amazon, they don't automatically discount an item because they run out of it. Usually out of stock means the item is a good seller and there is no reason to discount it.

With that being said, we can ship this bumper powdercoated now, we just received the proper packaging in, and I am willing to help you out with the cost of the powdercoating in order to make your experience a good one. I will personally contact you tomorrow morning when I get back into the office. I did have to leave a little early today and didn't get the message that you wanted to speak to me.

-Sarah

14. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
  15. Mar 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    I understand your frustration with the bumper. Initally when we had spoke they were in stock so I had no porblem telling you that we would be able to ship within a few days. I failed to check the other orders in line for shipment (which I take FULL responsibility for) and therefore those orders took the place of yours as we have a first order placed / first order filled basis within our shipping department. People make mistakes, and when I noticed this I wanted to inform you ASAP. I understand it wasn't the news you wanted to hear, but I followed up.

Again I am sorry that I overlooked the other orders that were before yours - 100% my fault. Hopefully we can remedy your frustration tomorrow and work through this to make you a happy customer again. :cool:

16. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    AP owns up to a small mistake that someone blew out of proportion.

I will still shop at AP

17. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:15 PM
    snowgod06

snowgod06 UG legend wannabe

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    A farm field, OREGON
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab
    crap bolted and welded together....
    I understand where your coming from, but the fact the AP wrote in here already and owned up to the mistake/mishap/whatever... Doesnt it seem like a dick move to be kinda rude to them still in ^^^^ that post? Its ok that you went with another bumper but it's kinda lame for you to just throw "Now, I don't mind spending the 1300.00 for a Road Armor bumper...Thank You AP [​IMG]" out their..

18. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Does Road Armor sell shovels? Maybe you can buy one to get the sand out of it.

19. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    Like strom said, people make mistakes. Even reputable companies make mistakes believe it or not. It looks like they are willing to work with you, just keep in mind they cater to alot of yota owners and only have 12 employees. I'm sure you've checked out their site, they have quite a few products for 12 people to be responsible for.

20. Mar 1, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    OP ,

I guess you must be infallible at whatever you do for work .

Products Discussed in

To Top