Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

All Pro Offroad Customer Service Stinks!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: James
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
Angry All Pro Offroad Customer Service Stinks!!!

Well I had to bite the bullet and get a new bumper because someone backed up into me at a parking lot some weeks back. After some researching with all types of rear bumpers I decided that I might go with the Road Armor bumper because you can retain the factory hitch and plug. The total cost would have been 1099.00 + 280.00 for shipping and it was powdercoated. It was kind of pricey so I was steered to other alternatives (All Pro, Relentless, Armor tech, CBI, etc) by some of the forum members.

I went ahead and ordered my rear bumper from All Pro. I liked the look and the clean lines. I talked with Jason and ended up only getting 10% just on the hidden hitch since it was not in a group buy. Total cost $841.00 bumper and hitch bare metal w/shipping. I then needed to have the bumper powdercoated on my own once I received it because All Pro does not ship bumpers powdercoated. Extra $150.00-$200.00 on top of the $841.00 + Gas and Time to get it all done on my part. But, I was still determined to get the bumper because again I thought I was dealing with a "True Reputable" company that cared about his/her customers. They assured me that the bumpers were in stock and were just waiting on some metal for the adapter brackets for the 7 pin hitch connector and then it would ship out....and then the wait began.

After a little over a week and no word, I get a phone call from All Pro stating that all the rear bumpers were sold to people higher than me on a supposed list, even though I was assured that they had one available for me. They said that I would have to wait an additional 3 weeks before starting more rear bumpers. I told them that I was waiting patiently and needed one pretty fast because my bumper is damaged pretty good. I had no problem waiting if they could work something out with a discount because of the extended wait time on my part and a TW member and that there was wrong communication on their part.

First off, they speak to the General manager who says that they can do nothing for me and will not give any discount other than the $14.00 I saved with a 10% off the hitch originally...wow. Also, and that all i can do is wait and that is it. Their attitudes were not even to remedy the situation. I then say, "Well there is nothing more to do then than to just get a refund." Their reply was, "OK"!!

So, I call back to ask to speak to the General Manager and the reply I get is, "Well she is busy and can she call you back." I leave my phone number and never received a call back.

I will never deal with this company again and have to agree with some other forum members on the unprofessionalism of their Customer Service and Management.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that sucks man,

I've never had anybad experiences with AP but can't say that they don't happen!

Hopefully everything works out for you!

Edit: Brunes is on top of things!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Question; what's this got to do with 2nd Gens? Should be in the"Vendor review" section,

Maybe a MOD would be nice enough to move it!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Of course you would. You love messing with Allpro.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
U forget everything belongs in the 2nd gen section

I actually had a very similar thing happen when I tried to order a rear bumper from them. But they can do nothing about wait times...
Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Deathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant future

Deathbeard's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that..All of my experiences with them have been great...
Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what's up with All Pro. I was just reading a thread on their not so good customer service. I was looking at an All Pro front bumper, but after reading all this stuff about them I don't think they're on my list anymore. Thanks for the review OP.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
I talked with Jason and ended up only getting 10% just on the hidden hitch since it was not in a group buy.
Complaining because they didn't give you a bigger discount?

Quote:
I then needed to have the bumper powdercoated on my own once I received it because All Pro does not ship bumpers powdercoated.
Complaining because they don't provide powder coating service?

Quote:
They assured me that the bumpers were in stock and were just waiting on some metal for the adapter brackets for the 7 pin hitch connector and then it would ship out....and then the wait began.
After a little over a week and no word, I get a phone call from All Pro stating that all the rear bumpers were sold to people higher than me on a supposed list, even though I was assured that they had one available for me.
OK, here's your real issue. At least they called you when they discovered there was a mistake and a delay. That's what a reputable company would do.

Quote:
First off, they speak to the General manager who says that they can do nothing for me and will not give any [additional] discount... I then say, "Well there is nothing more to do then than to just get a refund." Their reply was, "OK"!!
Complaining because they quickly refund your money when you ask for it, after a problem is discovered?

I understand your frustration with getting a bumper put on your truck quickly. Really, I do. A body shop working with insurance companies would have a stock replacement in hand very quickly.

But we've left the land of OEM replacment here. Guys, we're dealing with small shops operating on slim margins here in the 4x4 tacoma specialty modification business. It's not like Amazon.com where they have huge fulfillment warehouses and staffs of programmers to keep the website "quantity on hand" up to date in real time.

So I've gotta say: If this is as good as the complaining gets, I'm having no problem buying from All-Pro in the future.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure Im understanding the anger.. They admitted to a mistake, and gave a refund.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
My experience is 180 from the OP's. Sorry to hear about it.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I'm guessing someone who didn't know what they were talking about said he could have it quicker then he actually could get it
And I can understand being upset that you cant have something as soon as you want, but they refunded his money.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Complaining because they didn't give you a bigger discount?

Complaining because they don't provide powder coating service?

OK, here's your real issue. At least they called you when they discovered there was a mistake and a delay. That's what a reputable company would do.

Complaining because they quickly refund your money when you ask for it, after a problem is discovered?

I understand your frustration with getting a bumper put on your truck quickly. Really, I do. A body shop working with insurance companies would have a stock replacement in hand very quickly.

But we've left the land of OEM replacment here. Guys, we're dealing with small shops operating on slim margins here in the 4x4 tacoma specialty modification business. It's not like Amazon.com where they have huge fulfillment warehouses and staffs of programmers to keep the website "quantity on hand" up to date in real time.

So I've gotta say: If this is as good as the complaining gets, I'm having no problem buying from All-Pro in the future.
I think the big thing is they acted like everything was perfectly fine when they messed up. Them just saying "OK!!" and not trying to persuade him to still do business with them seems like they're just brushing him off, like a "oh well, we don't care about customers" attitude. Every other company I've ever gotten a refund has asked if there's anything they can do to change my mind or offered a rebate of some sort, especially on such a big purchase.

Really, when you're giving $900 to a company for something they guarantee you it better damn well be there, not suddenly vanish. A promise is a promise, and that's why this is a customer service review.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGuy711 View Post
I think the big thing is they acted like everything was perfectly fine when they messed up. Them just saying "OK!!" and not trying to persuade him to still do business with them seems like they're just brushing him off, like a "oh well, we don't care about customers" attitude. Every other company I've ever gotten a refund has asked if there's anything they can do to change my mind or offered a rebate of some sort, especially on such a big purchase.

Really, when you're giving $900 to a company for something they guarantee you it better damn well be there, not suddenly vanish. A promise is a promise, and that's why this is a customer service review.
Yeah, but if they were to argue about giving him his money back, or offering not enough of a discount, then the OP could have said that they sucked because they werent gonna give his money back.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #20
Then again I see exactly what you're saying moose. They did what they did, not with smiles on their faces but he got a refund no questions asked so that's good on them.