Notices

All Pro Bed Rack.... First one.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #21
Tunafish778 is on a distinguished road

Army: Bco. 7/101st
Tunafish778's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma831 View Post
Its too bad that it's shorter than the cab. What if you wanted to transport something on the roof rack?

You have to remember that your roof rack will add a few more inches on top of the rack. My Yakima rack will still provide enough clearance over the cab for the kayaks to sit just fine.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #22
Derecho has a spectacular aura aboutDerecho has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Derecho's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting these OP. Please keep us updated w/ pics of how the rack mounts inside the bed using the All-Pro mounts. Looks like this product has great potential for use with an Access Rollup Tonneau.

Jason...PM sent w/ details on the tonneau.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^Chris,

Thanks for the PM I got it! (well 3! haha)

And ill be reviewing the track system to see how we can manipulate the bed rack with work with it! Give me a few

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
Derecho has a spectacular aura aboutDerecho has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Derecho's Tacoma Gallery
It went out three times? Damn... I guess the prospect of a rack fitting w/ my tonneau is too much to handle. Seriously though, thanks for looking into it for me.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Nice glad im not the only one thinking about the Tonneau! This rack has a lot of potential...!! I can also see someone sowing up a capper similar to the Soft topper to fit over this too!!.. Would be great for camping!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #26
TimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant futureTimRD OffRoad has a brilliant future

Marines: SGT
Name: Tim
TimRD OffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
oh man you arent helping. i have wanted one of these since i first saw them, and now im really itching for it. i like your idea of getting it from them welded. now i just wonder if i could get my motorcycle under it.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #27
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
So it looks like you're going to lose the capability of using the sliding cargo anchors..? I've become quite fond of using mine...
Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #28
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^ You can see that he was able to still mount them. The bed "Pack Rack" System rails still have holes about every inch and a half so you have the option to use stock tie downs or create your own!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #29
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
You can order one at a larger height we just can't make it any lower without it being a modular design
To bad, would like it 5' shorter or so to have a RTT flush with the cab. Add some removable canvas sides andthat would be a sweet setup.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #31
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting set up... some of my first thoughts. Of course, I'm not playing with one, so take these as musings, not "faults" with the design.

I too think it would make a good frame for a soft-frame topper. Kind of like the Army 7 1/2 or 2 1/2 ton trucks. Be cool if there could be a seperate cover that would slip over the top to seal it up. Something heavy/waterproof.

1.5" tubing? That's pretty thick, and heavy. Maybe 1" would be plenty? I don't know for sure, just spitballing.

Mounting on the bed seems solid, but it would be nice if there was an easier way to keep the bed tracks accessable. Maybe just have 3 seperate bed-mounts, instead of a solid piece? Don't know how that would affect stability or sturdiness.

Definetely cool if it had pre-drilled light mounts. or for that matter, be the standard size (as someone else mentioned) for accessories.

If this is going to be a production item, maybe have the option for something taller than the cab? Like I said, it looks to be a great frame for a tent-like topping, so headroom could be important to some.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #32
RevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant futureRevHard6 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Master Sergeant
Name: Nathan
RevHard6's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the design. Add a couple more cross bars on the top for more mounting options (Like a baja/yakima/thule basket) and I'm sold. I think the height is perfect.

You could always go to marine shop (that does canvas boat covers) and have them sew up a velcro-on top. (We had this done for the 25mm cannon on the cutter I was on in the CG).
Or maybe somewhere like this: http://www.customcovers4you.com/covers.html
Old 04-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #33
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I like that. What I need though is a rack that is able to pull rearward and down so that it can double as a ramp to allow my Dogs (Rocket and Maxine) to walk into the bed and allow me to roll my lawnmower in, too. I'll keep waiting until somebody figures that out but we're getting close!

P.S. It would have to fit over an ARE cap and I'll be the first to buy one.

Steve
Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #34
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
looks good aside from the scratches..nice to see a guy on the forum that i met at discount the other day..find a way to mount the spare yet?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is sick as Fock!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #36
Tunafish778 is on a distinguished road

Army: Bco. 7/101st
Tunafish778's Tacoma Gallery
Nope,

Spare is still sitting in the garage.. I guess I'm gonna have to buy a bed mount for it. Looks great, but loss of space.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #37

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Interesting set up... some of my first thoughts. Of course, I'm not playing with one, so take these as musings, not "faults" with the design.

I too think it would make a good frame for a soft-frame topper. Kind of like the Army 7 1/2 or 2 1/2 ton trucks. Be cool if there could be a seperate cover that would slip over the top to seal it up. Something heavy/waterproof.

1.5" tubing? That's pretty thick, and heavy. Maybe 1" would be plenty? I don't know for sure, just spitballing.

Mounting on the bed seems solid, but it would be nice if there was an easier way to keep the bed tracks accessable. Maybe just have 3 seperate bed-mounts, instead of a solid piece? Don't know how that would affect stability or sturdiness.

Definetely cool if it had pre-drilled light mounts. or for that matter, be the standard size (as someone else mentioned) for accessories.

If this is going to be a production item, maybe have the option for something taller than the cab? Like I said, it looks to be a great frame for a tent-like topping, so headroom could be important to some.
Thank you for posting your initial thoughts!

We are taking into consideration all the thoughts to make our products even better. The canvas cover is something we have been thinking of but is not yet in production. As far as the ability to make the rack system taller that is no problem at all! Making it shorter requires us to weld the rack together or sell it as a weld together only kit. As far as the light tabs, we have 4 total at each corner. These can be used for lights, CB's, etc.

Thanks again for your input!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Thank you for posting your initial thoughts!

We are taking into consideration all the thoughts to make our products even better. The canvas cover is something we have been thinking of but is not yet in production. As far as the ability to make the rack system taller that is no problem at all! Making it shorter requires us to weld the rack together or sell it as a weld together only kit. As far as the light tabs, we have 4 total at each corner. These can be used for lights, CB's, etc.

Thanks again for your input!
Hey, if you guys want to keep me on retainer for design-modification, I'm down. I work for discounts

Unfortunate that you're in Hemet. I used to live in OC, my grandparents used to be out in Canyon Lake. Now I'm on the wrong coast. Would have been so easy to drive on out...
Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 AM   #40
Making changes is always fun
TacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
TacoGK's Tacoma Gallery
I really like this. I am trying to figure out how you could make this work with the access limited tonneau cover (designing in my head from the pics....LOL). Then I could have the canvas shop down the road make a cover for it to use for camping.