Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

All Pro Bed Rack.... First one.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #41
t0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nicet0mills is just really nice
t0mills's Tacoma Gallery
That looks pretty good. Get a tent up there and it'll look better!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
Tunafish778 is on a distinguished road

Army: Bco. 7/101st
Tunafish778's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished with the rack. I have my Yakima towers attached to it and the Thule Hulavators on top of it. I was somewhat worried that I wasn't going to be able to mount my rack and kayaks to it, but it has turned out to be a very stable and strong setup.

In the end I had to completely sand down the powder coating and I rolled the Duplicolor Bed Armor on it. I'm pretty happy with the Bed Armor and I think it'll hold up very well. If you apply it thinly, the stuff will just peal off with a fingernail; you have to really thicken it up and it's a lot stronger. I took to it with a hammer to get a couple of pieces together and it held up suprisingly well under repeated blows.

Just wanted to post these pics in case there would be guys wondering how they were going to mount their racks.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #43
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on these?

I may be ordering one soon and was curious if you had any more thoughts since you've had it for a few months now.

Thanks much!

Fink
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #44
Tunafish778 is on a distinguished road

Army: Bco. 7/101st
Tunafish778's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys, been in training in Hotlanta for the last month and haven't even had time to get online to check my messages. The rack is hanging on my garage wall at the moment. It's tough and rides without a peep or rattle. I can throw my kayaks up there and they ride perfectly. No problems.

John
Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #45
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome. Ill be following this and others to see if and when there will be a canvas top like the bestop.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #46
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish778 View Post
Sorry guys, been in training in Hotlanta for the last month and haven't even had time to get online to check my messages. The rack is hanging on my garage wall at the moment. It's tough and rides without a peep or rattle. I can throw my kayaks up there and they ride perfectly. No problems.

John
Thanks for the reply, man! I appreciate it.

This is definitely being added to my mod list...

Fink
Old 07-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #47
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Looks like it could be a little taller and a little longer though
Old 07-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #49
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
My only concern with those racks is that it is attached to the bed of the truck and not the frame, My Rack-it lumber rack is bolted to the rear posts and there's a bracket that bolts to the frame bolts at the forward part of the bed. The way it was explained to me was they do this because the bed is composite, not steel. Granted, my rack is a beast compared to yours and I can (and have), put huge amounts of weight on mine with nary an issue. my concern with your set up is that I wouldn't be looking to put anymore than a couple of hundred pounds on that rack at the most.
The roof in the pic was the roof of a shed I took apart and it took four guys to slide this beast up onto the rack, I'd have to guess this weighed 500 lbs.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #51
BAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura aboutBAZZMAZZA has a spectacular aura about

Navy:
BAZZMAZZA's Tacoma Gallery
I really like this rack and going to look at purchasing one. It has a lot of functionality..
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #52
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
OP, could you post a picture of your rack with all the kayak accessories on top? I want to see how much clearance you were able to gain in order to get your kayaks to NOT contact the top of your bed before I purchase. Thank you VERY much if you could take some pics.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #53
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting up info and your personal experience with the rack. The rack looks to be tough as hell. I was very interested in the rack until I saw that it was shorter than the bed of the truck. I really don't like that. Seems like the guys at All-Pro could extend only the top plate to the end of the bed so that the post line up with the end of the bed rails. Leave the plate that mounts to the tie down railing where it is. Something like this vvvvv

Maybe that way the rack would be the length of the bed. Just my $0.02. I would for sure buy if it was the full length.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #54
brgrbator is on a distinguished road
brgrbator's Tacoma Gallery
Ima go ahead and bump this thread. Has there been any further developments with this rack for a 2012 Tacoma double cab shortbed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by screename View Post
OP, could you post a picture of your rack with all the kayak accessories on top? I want to see how much clearance you were able to gain in order to get your kayaks to NOT contact the top of your bed before I purchase. Thank you VERY much if you could take some pics.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
looks awsome!!
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #56
Race Fire/Med Rescue
res4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to all

Firefighter:
Name: John
res4cue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC47 View Post
Looks good, too bad it wasn't a bit higher than the cab though.
If it were a few inches taller I could put some lights on it
Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #57
Jay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay9722 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay9722's Tacoma Gallery
Just called Apex and they had no immediate plans for the access cab version. They said to keep checking the forums for an update. How hard can it be to lengthen the short bed version for a long bed???
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #58
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9722 View Post
Just called Apex and they had no immediate plans for the access cab version. They said to keep checking the forums for an update. How hard can it be to lengthen the short bed version for a long bed???
It seems like they are having a hard time filling and shipping orders right now in a timely fashion, I doubt there is much going on with product development if they are struggling with the basics. There have been many recent complaints around here concerning Allpro.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #59
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay9722 View Post
The mounting rails changed on there as well we have been trying to get a truck into the shop. That has been the ordeal on why we have not been able to get these going as we would have liked. Also since all the manufacturing will be moving that will give Jon more time to proto type and build products without having to do the day to day operations as well. We have lots planned and in mind just need the time to get things in motion. Alot of product devolpment has been put on hold while everything is being moved up to Montana and everything is getting situated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korslite View Post
It seems like they are having a hard time filling and shipping orders right now in a timely fashion, I doubt there is much going on with product development if they are struggling with the basics. There have been many recent complaints around here concerning Allpro.
We have been having hard time lately but are working to get everything resolved and everyone on the same page to get back to where we need to be for our customers.

Any questions please feel free to call me or email me kurtis@allprooffroad.com
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #60
Manonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud ofManonamission has much to be proud of
Manonamission's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
The mounting rails changed on there as well we have been trying to get a truck into the shop. That has been the ordeal on why we have not been able to get these going as we would have liked. Also since all the manufacturing will be moving that will give Jon more time to proto type and build products without having to do the day to day operations as well. We have lots planned and in mind just need the time to get things in motion. Alot of product devolpment has been put on hold while everything is being moved up to Montana and everything is getting situated.

We have been having hard time lately but are working to get everything resolved and everyone on the same page to get back to where we need to be for our customers.

Any questions please feel free to call me or email me kurtis@allprooffroad.com
Now I'm real confused, who the heck it Sarah????? I was calling John Joe, but now I at least got that figured out. Sorry about that John if your read this, honest misstake

Kurtis, I assume you're the man asnwering for Sarah (another owner ?) which seems a bit wack but whatever. If i call who the heck do I talk to about not getting my stuff cause time is a ticken.

All this AP nonsense I read is has got me real worried.