1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Bed Rack.... First one.

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by Tunafish778, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    t0mills

t0mills Well-Known Member

Member:
    TRD, Gray Wire Mod, 3" Suspension lift, 3" Body Lift, 285/75 AT2s
    That looks pretty good. Get a tent up there and it'll look better!

2. May 1, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    Tunafish778

Tunafish778 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring (Houston)TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Just finished with the rack. I have my Yakima towers attached to it and the Thule Hulavators on top of it. I was somewhat worried that I wasn't going to be able to mount my rack and kayaks to it, but it has turned out to be a very stable and strong setup.

In the end I had to completely sand down the powder coating and I rolled the Duplicolor Bed Armor on it. I'm pretty happy with the Bed Armor and I think it'll hold up very well. If you apply it thinly, the stuff will just peal off with a fingernail; you have to really thicken it up and it's a lot stronger. I took to it with a hammer to get a couple of pieces together and it held up suprisingly well under repeated blows.

Just wanted to post these pics in case there would be guys wondering how they were going to mount their racks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Any updates on these?

I may be ordering one soon and was curious if you had any more thoughts since you've had it for a few months now.

Thanks much!

Fink:headbang:

4. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    Tunafish778

Tunafish778 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring (Houston)TX
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Sorry guys, been in training in Hotlanta for the last month and haven't even had time to get online to check my messages. The rack is hanging on my garage wall at the moment. It's tough and rides without a peep or rattle. I can throw my kayaks up there and they ride perfectly. No problems.

John

5. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM
    TRDguyKC

TRDguyKC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    looks awesome. Ill be following this and others to see if and when there will be a canvas top like the bestop.

6. Jul 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Thanks for the reply, man! I appreciate it.

This is definitely being added to my mod list...

Fink:headbang:

7. Jul 24, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    I like it. Looks like it could be a little taller and a little longer though

8. Jul 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    nah, its short cuz then you dont have to install and wire a new high mount rear tail light. Unless you add a tent or tire up top.

9. Jul 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    My only concern with those racks is that it is attached to the bed of the truck and not the frame, My Rack-it lumber rack is bolted to the rear posts and there's a bracket that bolts to the frame bolts at the forward part of the bed. The way it was explained to me was they do this because the bed is composite, not steel. Granted, my rack is a beast compared to yours and I can (and have), put huge amounts of weight on mine with nary an issue. my concern with your set up is that I wouldn't be looking to put anymore than a couple of hundred pounds on that rack at the most.
    The roof in the pic was the roof of a shed I took apart and it took four guys to slide this beast up onto the rack, I'd have to guess this weighed 500 lbs.

[​IMG]

10. Aug 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    desertrock

desertrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keoni
    El Paso, TX / Fountain, CO
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Adjustable Coils W/Bilstein 5100's, Lower front Dif Kit, Rigid Industries Dually s, Throttle body spacer, ARB Front Bumper (some mods), ALL Pro Rear Bumper, Rear Expedition Leaf Springs, Rock Sliders, upgraded Tie Rods, Budbuilt fuel tank skid plates, KN Cold Air intake, Warn HID Lights-4", Banks CatBack Exhaust, Total Chaos UCA, AllPro Transfer Case Skidplate, 886 Rear backlight mod, rock lights, TRD Hawaii Off Road decal (sockmonkey), Garage built Tire Carrier.
    So when are these racks going to ba avialable for the Access Cab? Still waiting to get my hands on them.

11. Oct 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    BAZZMAZZA

BAZZMAZZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 and then some...
    OME-882 Coils + Nitro- Sport shocks, ARB Compressor, Spare fuse box, ALL-PRO Bedrack
    I really like this rack and going to look at purchasing one. It has a lot of functionality..

12. Dec 8, 2011 at 3:04 AM
    screename

screename Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Van
    Houston, TX
    OP, could you post a picture of your rack with all the kayak accessories on top? I want to see how much clearance you were able to gain in order to get your kayaks to NOT contact the top of your bed before I purchase. Thank you VERY much if you could take some pics.

13. Dec 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Thanks for posting up info and your personal experience with the rack. The rack looks to be tough as hell. I was very interested in the rack until I saw that it was shorter than the bed of the truck. I really don't like that. Seems like the guys at All-Pro could extend only the top plate to the end of the bed so that the post line up with the end of the bed rails. Leave the plate that mounts to the tie down railing where it is. Something like this vvvvv
    [​IMG]

Maybe that way the rack would be the length of the bed. Just my $0.02. I would for sure buy if it was the full length.

14. Feb 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    brgrbator

brgrbator New Member

Member:
    Ima go ahead and bump this thread. Has there been any further developments with this rack for a 2012 Tacoma double cab shortbed?

15. Feb 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Sigi

Sigi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sigi
    Sfv ca
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4 trd offroad
    looks awsome!!

16. Feb 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM
    res4cue

res4cue Race Fire/Med Rescue

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chula Vista
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4
    Camburg UCAs with FOX ext 2.5 coil overs w resis up front, OMD springs and Custom FOX internal bypass 2.0's with adj resi's out back, Fiberwerks fenders, Dad32509 Satoshi, AFE Drop in, 14" Magnaflow Cat-back, 30" Baja Designs LED bar, 2 Squadron XL and 2 pros, 2 BD Fuegos, 2 Yakima Mega Warriors, Kenwood race radio and Lowrance GPS, Pioneer DVD/navi. Pelfreybilt Fabrication underbody protection, Wheelskins leather steering wheel wrap, Body Armor rear bumper with tire carrier and custom tube front for those "aggressive" days.
    If it were a few inches taller I could put some lights on it

17. Apr 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    Jay9722

Jay9722 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    South carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4wd
    Just called Apex and they had no immediate plans for the access cab version. They said to keep checking the forums for an update. How hard can it be to lengthen the short bed version for a long bed???

18. Apr 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    korslite

korslite Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    DCLB Sport
    FOX 2.5 RR's, TC UCAs, TC Spindle Gussets, Allpro Expedition leaf pack, Fox 2.O RR w/ Comp adjusters, 17" ATX Artillery, BFG AT 285's, de-scooped, custom sliders, custom bedrack, Brute Force Fab bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, ARB locked Rear diff
    It seems like they are having a hard time filling and shipping orders right now in a timely fashion, I doubt there is much going on with product development if they are struggling with the basics. There have been many recent complaints around here concerning Allpro.

19. Apr 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    The mounting rails changed on there as well we have been trying to get a truck into the shop. That has been the ordeal on why we have not been able to get these going as we would have liked. Also since all the manufacturing will be moving that will give Jon more time to proto type and build products without having to do the day to day operations as well. We have lots planned and in mind just need the time to get things in motion. Alot of product devolpment has been put on hold while everything is being moved up to Montana and everything is getting situated.

We have been having hard time lately but are working to get everything resolved and everyone on the same page to get back to where we need to be for our customers.

Any questions please feel free to call me or email me kurtis@allprooffroad.com

20. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    Manonamission

Manonamission Member

Member:
    Now I'm real confused, who the heck it Sarah????? I was calling John Joe, but now I at least got that figured out. Sorry about that John if your read this, honest misstake :eek:

Kurtis, I assume you're the man asnwering for Sarah (another owner ?) which seems a bit wack but whatever. If i call who the heck do I talk to about not getting my stuff cause time is a ticken.

All this AP nonsense I read is has got me real worried.

Products Discussed in

To Top