Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

question about all pro sliders

Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
question about all pro sliders

ive got a set of the bolt on all pro sliders sittin in the garage right now from where i took them off my 08 prerunner. i didnt want to bolt them on again to my new truck and wanted to opt for a more permanent mount by getting them welded on. my question is "are there any of you out there who have these sliders and have had them welded on?" also did you have to modify the L bracket any in order to get enough weld on them? i know that i could just as easily bolt these on the new truck like i did the old one but i just feel that i would rather weld them on since i plan to keep this truck a long time.

as always thanks for any info.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I would just bolt them on. Just as strong IMO and its not like they're going to fall off
Old 11-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
My turn.
TacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoFMS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
just not real keen on puttin more holes in the frame of a brand new truck i plan to keep for 10+ years. but i know what you mean they worked quite well for me just bolted on. thought about getting them welded on and then just using bolts in the holes that are already there just to help reinforce???
Old 11-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
just not real keen on puttin more holes in the frame of a brand new truck i plan to keep for 10+ years. but i know what you mean they worked quite well for me just bolted on. thought about getting them welded on and then just using bolts in the holes that are already there just to help reinforce???
I wouldn't do both. I understand the concerns about holes but there really isn't anything to worry about.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
well i know that when i took the sliders off the other truck then set it on the jack stands to remove the front then rear lift i could actually see some frame flex. not sure if this is normal or a result of the holes added to the frame but either way i didnt care for it much and not real sure i want to do it again. this is where all the concern and questions arise from.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Just weld them on. I think the only difference between the weld ons and bolt ons are that the bolt ons have holes on the frame plates where the bolt goes through.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
My turn.

TacoFMS's Tacoma Gallery
so noone out there has any actual experience with trying to weld on the all pro sliders????
Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
ih8hippies is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Veteran IS1
ih8hippies's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by my08yoyo View Post
so noone out there has any actual experience with trying to weld on the all pro sliders????
I do - but I ordered them with no bolt-on bracket.

Did you have a specific question about it?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
not all pro sliders, but mine have frame plates that were suppose to be bolt on