Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

All-Pro mess up! (Again!)

Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
my apologies then... to CruncyTaco99

I didn't intend my comment to be read
as a personal attack directed towards him

but feel, I have a right to defend against mudslinging.
Mistakes were made... but why badmouth a business,
that makes a simple error... ~like nobody here does that ~
Seems to me that All-Pro has acknowledged their error
and have made intention of correcting their mistake... no ?

I could better understand the complaining...
if All-Pro told 'im to take a hike... but they didn't

for me...
the OP's commentary was equally derogatory and defaming
and tho' I have no affiliation... I know some of the folk that work there.
so it's plausible that I was thinking negatively when I made comment

> but don't stress it folks... I don't post much around here.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Assaultman 2/5
Name: Joe
CrunchyTaco99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Zach 04LTtacoma has their flip kit and bump stops and it fit just fine on his rig? You have any pics OP of how they are not fitting properly?
I do not have a way of uploading photos. This link kinda shows what I am running into except I have taller 1" inch u bolt-nuts that do not clear at all.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-problems.html

See how the top, circular plate the timbrens mount to is too large? It will not sit flush on the flip plate because the u-bolts nuts are in the way. Not just a little. A good 1/4".
Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #23
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
OP, this would bother the crap out of em too and I would have vented as well. Very annoying after you spend a couple thousands bucks on something..
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #24
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
I've never had those problems...

Because I know exactly what I'm getting for my money...
Before I order anything... from anyone.

btw... I live two blocks from All - Pro
They are a great supporter of off road enthusiasts
here locally in SoCal as well across this country.
And they do their best to assist their customers with their needs.
I've purchased from them many times over...
and don't have any issues or complaint with them.

IMO...

if one is lacking common sense... or the inability to resolve issues

They've picked the wrong hobby...
...and should just buy an erector set
...to offer instant bolt up gratification

Yeah because we are all experts. We should also expect our orders to be incomplete.

Right.

Allpro is a great company. Hopefully they will resolve these QC issues.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #25
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery

Well this pic sure shows a center hole
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #26
CrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrunchyTaco99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post

Well this pic sure shows a center hole
Once again, not sure how to post pics but this is the link to what I was told I ordered.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/9504ta...suspension/489

Now that I see that pictures it looks like they sent me a timbren kit and a generic u-bolt kit, not the u bolt kit designed for the timbrens. Still not my fault, I asked for the timbren/u-bolt kit. BTW, the center hole is a relief hole for the nut on the bolt that holds the whole leaf stack together. If it wasn't there then the plate wouldn't sit flush.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ok i see what you talking about. Is the hole in this pic what your talking about?

Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #28

Quote:
my apologies then... to CruncyTaco99

but feel, I have a right to defend against mudslinging.
Mistakes were made... but why badmouth a business,
that makes a simple error... ~like nobody here does that ~
Seems to me that All-Pro has acknowledged their error
and have made intention of correcting their mistake... no ?

I could better understand the complaining...
if All-Pro told 'im to take a hike... but they didn't

for me...
the OP's commentary was equally derogatory and defaming
and tho' I have no affiliation... I know some of the folk that work there.
so it's plausible that I was thinking negatively when I made comment

> but don't stress it folks... I don't post much around here.
Please show me where I was "bad mouthing"? I also never said anything derogatory or defaming about them that wasn't true. It was a simple warning to others about an experience I had. That "simple error" cost me a 24 hr shift at work, $50 bucks to a shop, and a whole lot of frustration. And no, they are closed today so they are not aware of this problem nor have said anything about rectifying. I did get a "sorry" when I called about my slug adapters missing a couple of years ago but that was all. Seeing how I have to work a 24 tuesday and leave for 2 weeks wednesday morning I couldn't really afford to wait around for them to ship anything out anyway.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #29

KalamaKid,

Yes, I am missing the 2 small holes inboard of the u bolt holes on each side of the center hole. I also received longer u bolt nuts. The ones pictured looks like they would have saved me lots of grinding!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #30
That's what is shown to ship with the 2nd gen flip kit with what you ordered. If that is not what you received then it sounds like you didn't get what you paid for.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #31
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
1) Your comments to the OP were absolutly a personal attack at the end of your post
There's not one word in that referencing the OP
nor any particular individual.
It was generic, actually

reality is...
anyone of confidence reading that... would likely ignore it...
because it doesn't image them.
but if it might... suppose that could cause a rash

Quote:
IMO...

if one is lacking common sense... or the inability to resolve issues.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #32
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I guess they should say the flip kit should be used with their leaf packs ( length of ubolts). Hopefully op gets it worked out .
Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #33
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The hole in the middle is for the leaf spring's centering pin to clear. The Timbren bumper has a black bracket that attaches to the U-bolt plate via two holes. The two holes are supposed to be tapped.

My flip kit was fabricated correctly, but that was before All-Pro went through a restructuring in Dec. 2011 that moved some manufacturing locations. See: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...perations.html It may explain the newfound disconnect between sales and the actual delivered parts.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #34
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Also all pro is just a small mom and pop type place . Not many workers or any quality control area .
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #35
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyTaco99 View Post
Long time lurker here but had to post this while I am fuming!!!

Ordered several parts from All Pro recently including their u bolt flip kit, timbrens and rear bumper.

1st annoyance was when I put on their bumper and realized their were no license plate lights with it like their description said. Called and they said they had a QC issue and would get them out ASAP. Would have been nice if they tell you his before hand. Not a huge deal.

The major PITA is the plate that came with the flip kit is not drilled and tapped for the timbren mounts. I spent 30 minutes on the phone discussing the benefits of the timbrens with a tech guy. I went ahead and got the u bolt flip kit since he told me about the plate being drilled and tapped for the timbrens. This wouldn't be a huge pain except I discover this as I am getting ready to install all this back on. I got lucky because I had almost welded the new shock mounts on which would have blocked the old stock u-bolt plate/shock mount from going back on.

I can still install the flip kit but I will have to have a shop drill and tap the plates monday before I leave to go out west for 2 weeks Wednesday.

A one time mistake wouldn't bother me too much but this is the second time. 2 years ago I order their front coil-overs and a-arms. I already had the old suspension off, and realized they did not send me slug adapters. There was not a parts list to cross reference. They sent me a pair but I still had to re-assemble the truck and do it again later. This is several hours of my life they have cost me now!

I have spent upwards of $2500 with them and like their product but they have some QC issues. They have always been helpful on the phone but this is extremely aggravating! Fair warning. Rant off!

Joe
My humble two cents: I think you've written a good, honest, fair review here. I have to disagree with the poster who said there was mudslinging in your post. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm not currently in the market for any mods, but this is the kind of feedback we need when deciding who to spend our money with. Having read your review, I'd likely still take a chance on them, but I'd double check every detail before tearing my truck apart for sure. It sounds like they are making it right. Well, aside from the collateral damage of missing work, etc. But that's an issue no matter who you bought your stuff from.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #36
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never had those problems...

Because I know exactly what I'm getting for my money...
Before I order anything... from anyone.

btw... I live two blocks from All - Pro
They are a great supporter of off road enthusiasts
here locally in SoCal as well across this country.
And they do their best to assist their customers with their needs.
I've purchased from them many times over...
and don't have any issues or complaint with them.

IMO...

if one is lacking common sense... or the inability to resolve issues.

i like how you talk smack to a man that could possibly be trained to kill you with a simple tissue paper good call my friend
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #37
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Lulz
Old 03-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #39
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
i have my own rant against all-pro now:

having my new lift done by a local shop in town. we ordered a-arms from all-pro last monday as in a week and a few days ago. they drew the money from my account and gave us a tracking number saying they would be there yesterday. well we got some snow yesterday so waited for today. nothing showed so we called them, they said oh yes we recieved the payment and you got your tracking number but it looks like they are actually still sitting on the shelf waiting to be shipped. then this is the part that gets me, they say you can pay the extra fifty dollars and we can them to you by friday. now call me old fashioned but i was raised if you make a mistake you take care of what it takes to fix it. i was planning on ordering bumpers from them next week but they can kiss that business good by.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #40
lossscause is on a distinguished road

lossscause's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
i have my own rant against all-pro now:

having my new lift done by a local shop in town. we ordered a-arms from all-pro last monday as in a week and a few days ago. they drew the money from my account and gave us a tracking number saying they would be there yesterday. well we got some snow yesterday so waited for today. nothing showed so we called them, they said oh yes we recieved the payment and you got your tracking number but it looks like they are actually still sitting on the shelf waiting to be shipped. then this is the part that gets me, they say you can pay the extra fifty dollars and we can them to you by friday. now call me old fashioned but i was raised if you make a mistake you take care of what it takes to fix it. i was planning on ordering bumpers from them next week but they can kiss that business good by.
Having read this, I just called to check on my current order. I placed it two weeks ago, called last thursday to check on it and got the "order misplaced" excuse and that they'd ship it out Friday.

They just told me its sitting there waiting to be picked up by USPS tomorrow.

FAIL