1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All-Pro mess up! (Again!)

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by CrunchyTaco99, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    CrunchyTaco99

CrunchyTaco99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    33x12.50 Pro Comp M/T's All-Pro Coils, UCA and 3" leafs.
    Long time lurker here but had to post this while I am fuming!!!:mad:

Ordered several parts from All Pro recently including their u bolt flip kit, timbrens and rear bumper.

1st annoyance was when I put on their bumper and realized their were no license plate lights with it like their description said. Called and they said they had a QC issue and would get them out ASAP. Would have been nice if they tell you his before hand. Not a huge deal.

The major PITA is the plate that came with the flip kit is not drilled and tapped for the timbren mounts. I spent 30 minutes on the phone discussing the benefits of the timbrens with a tech guy. I went ahead and got the u bolt flip kit since he told me about the plate being drilled and tapped for the timbrens. This wouldn't be a huge pain except I discover this as I am getting ready to install all this back on. I got lucky because I had almost welded the new shock mounts on which would have blocked the old stock u-bolt plate/shock mount from going back on.

I can still install the flip kit but I will have to have a shop drill and tap the plates monday before I leave to go out west for 2 weeks Wednesday.

A one time mistake wouldn't bother me too much but this is the second time. 2 years ago I order their front coil-overs and a-arms. I already had the old suspension off, and realized they did not send me slug adapters. There was not a parts list to cross reference. They sent me a pair but I still had to re-assemble the truck and do it again later. This is several hours of my life they have cost me now!

I have spent upwards of $2500 with them and like their product but they have some QC issues. They have always been helpful on the phone but this is extremely aggravating! Fair warning. Rant off!

Joe

2. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    I've never had those problems...

Because I know exactly what I'm getting for my money...
    Before I order anything... from anyone.

btw... I live two blocks from All - Pro
    They are a great supporter of off road enthusiasts
    here locally in SoCal as well across this country.
    And they do their best to assist their customers with their needs.
    I've purchased from them many times over...
    and don't have any issues or complaint with them.

IMO...

if one is lacking common sense... or the inability to resolve issues.

They've picked the wrong hobby...
    ...and should just buy an erector set
    ...to offer instant bolt up gratification

3. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    tacoma04

tacoma04 Laissez les bons temps rouler

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Northern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB BBP
    So you would have known that the plates were not drilled and tapped before you ordered them, even though their representative told him they were?

Lighten up man. He is just passing on his experience and frustration on two different occasions.

4. Mar 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    Thanks for that snarky reply there bud! I have seen you are quick to run your mouth on other forums in defense of All Pro w/o really having much of a clue there either! (TTORA 1st Gen Section, "New All Pro bumper" you made a similar response to a man c/o of a legit problem).

"IMO...

if one is lacking common sense... or the inability to resolve issues."

Thanks for that attempt of an insult. I do have a tad bit of common sense. I also expect a product I order to be the product I order and have all of the parts included; especially at the prices they charge! I shouldn't have to have "common sense or an ability to resolve issues" for that to happen!

"Because I know exactly what I'm getting for my money...
    Before I order anything... from anyone."

Really? How do you know exactly what you are getting? By talking to them directly or reading there website descriptions? I did that. Didn't work. They still didn't ship me what they said they would. Maybe if I lived next door I could go look at the product in person before I buy it. I can't.

You speak the language of idiot and are not doing All Pro a favor my running your suck! I don't think they want you marketing for them. "All Pro, Your One Toyota Stop, Where You Get What you Need, ....Maybe! ( and if you don't get it, then make it work or you are a moron)".

BTW, I like All Pro and their product. Their quality control is what is currently lacking.

5. Mar 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I bought the flip kit without the Timbrens.... I ended up getting them after the fact so I knew I'd have to get them drilled & tapped... I would have been upset had I ordered them together like you did and they were not shipped correct.
    Especially if you were under a time constriction...:(

6. Mar 17, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Sorry to hear Joe, hope everything gets resolved.

7. Mar 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    lossscause

lossscause Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 Taco DC 4x4
    Eibach coils/Bilstein 5100's, 2" block, 17x7.5 Tundra Wheels, 285/70/17 BFG AT, 1.25" All-Pro Spacers, AirLift Bags w/On Board Compressor
    The last two orders I placed had issues. On both, after placing the order, I hadn't heard anything for over a week, then called, and they said "oh, uh, the order was misplaced and we"ll get that shipped out to you tomorrow."

Products quality was good though. Just my experience.

8. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
  9. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Gee that wasn't very nice nor very helpful. :( What a way to greet someone new by slamming them. That's awful. But then again, I'm guessing that you know more than any of us around here. You are very lucky. I would think this place is boring for you if you know so much. So why are you here? Just to be mean?

OP, Sorry for the bad experiences. Second time is enough for me to not shop with them again. Thanks for the heads up on what happened. Please keep us posted when it finally gets all resolved and things are done.

:)

10. Mar 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    /\ X 2

Reviews are a great way to make a decision about a product. I always post after a product purchase whether good or bad to help others make informative decisions. No reason to bash about someones review.

11. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    wksos

wksos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Lifted TRD
    Yeah I had the misplaced (forgot to ship) issue with them too. I'm happy with my leaf packs but there def are some issues with the company.

12. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    hows the quality of those welds on your rear bumper?

13. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    OverRated

OverRated Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma / TRD-OR / DCSB
    chill out bro, im sure the OP knows what he bought, it does say on the site that the rear bumper does come with license plate lights... (on top of that all-pro did say it was a QC issue).

14. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    KalamaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    I don't know about all-pro. Their customer service is great but I had a really bad experience with my front bumper (only part i have from them or ever will). It was welded together half ass and the CNC cutting is crap. The main center support is great strength wise but all the wholes are cut wrong. I couldn't get my winch to fit in it and had to drill out the wholes so it would fit. The fairlead holes were off and the winch mounting holes were off. The bottom support brackets were almost an inch too long and I had to stack four washers on each side just to mount them in. The thing didn't even want to bolt together properly and took three hours with a dead blow hammer to just get it to fit together. Then when you bolt it on the truck it fits like crap and is clearly uneven. Its a build quality you would expect from china... Not a reputable socal company. Now I've heard that their LT kits are stout and many of their other products are too such as the Hybrid bumper. But personally I'm not happy with whats on my front end right now. I think their products are hit and miss.

As for the U-bolt plates not being taped and drilled... Some people just weld on their old bump stops. You need to tap them yourself if you run those bump stops. Its a easy task and you can get a kit at Sears for less then $20. Every product you buy from them comes with a warning that you need metal working skills to use them. I don't think they have done you wrong OP.

15. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    I am very happy with the bumper. I am not a welding expert but they seem smooth and uniform for the most part. A couple of boogers and pieces of wire still sticking to it but nothing 5 mins with a grinder didn't fix.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my coil overs, UCA's, rear leafs, and rear bumper I bought from them. I am also pleased with their friendliness and knowledge (depending on who you get). I AM NOT pleased with their inability to check every order to make sure they are sending out they right product and everything with it. They could also do a little better by including some instructions and a parts list.

16. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    [/QUOTE]

As for the U-bolt plates not being taped and drilled... Some people just weld on their old bump stops. You need to tap them yourself if you run those bump stops. Its a easy task and you can get a kit at Sears for less then $20. Every product you buy from them comes with a warning that you need metal working skills to use them. I don't think they have done you wrong OP.[/QUOTE]

Understood. I ordered the Timbren kit with them. The bolt hole were meant for the timbren mount plate. I wouldn't really care if they wouldn't have used them being ready for the plates as a marketing ploy. Plus very review I have read about the timbren plus u-bolt kit shows them pre-drilled and tapped. If I still lived somewhere I could have lots of tools and a shop then it wouldn't be a big issue. I don't have that option right now. $50 to a local fabricator to fix my problem.

BTW, the timbren mount plate that is included in the kit is no where close to fitting between the tops of the u-bolt-bolts. In the process of grinding now.

17. Mar 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Sounds like they got a problem with whoever is packing the items for shipment. as for the timbrens not fitting, Id have to side on you with that. You even went and called and they said it would fit. There is no reason that kit shouldnt have gone without any major issues. I dont think allpro is a bad company but I do believe they should have resolved their issues with a discount or some other form of compensation.

18. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    KalamaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    Zach 04LTtacoma has their flip kit and bump stops and it fit just fine on his rig? You have any pics OP of how they are not fitting properly?

19. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    my apologies then... to CruncyTaco99

I didn't intend my comment to be read
    as a personal attack directed towards him

but feel, I have a right to defend against mudslinging.
    Mistakes were made... but why badmouth a business,
    that makes a simple error... ~like nobody here does that ~
    Seems to me that All-Pro has acknowledged their error
    and have made intention of correcting their mistake... no ?

I could better understand the complaining...
    if All-Pro told 'im to take a hike... but they didn't

for me...
    the OP's commentary was equally derogatory and defaming
    and tho' I have no affiliation... I know some of the folk that work there.
    so it's plausible that I was thinking negatively when I made comment

> but don't stress it folks... I don't post much around here.

20. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    I do not have a way of uploading photos. This link kinda shows what I am running into except I have taller 1" inch u bolt-nuts that do not clear at all.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...timbren-u-bolt-flip-kit-install-problems.html

See how the top, circular plate the timbrens mount to is too large? It will not sit flush on the flip plate because the u-bolts nuts are in the way. Not just a little. A good 1/4".

Products Discussed in

To Top