Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

Bad Service - Missing Parts

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Honestly I think this comment is total bullshit. Not everyone that invests in their vehicle has the knowledge and background for install. That is why there are many shops out there filling the need. Get off your soapbox.

• If you have no knowledge of what you need why wouldn't you let the shop buy it for you?
  • If you have no knowledge of what you want or need and need someone to install it why wouldn't you look up their credibility?
Google came up with 204,000 hits in .48 seconds when I searched 4wp complaints

http://www.jeepreviews.com/where-to-...parts-reviews/

http://forums.off-road.com/thefts-co...eel-parts.html

http://www.nissanforums.com/truck-su...pped-19-a.html

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...on-CA-13081573

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...hp/t-5885.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...eel-parts.aspx

Need I list more???

Even to keep it fair I didn't even search TW and I know we are full of complaints about them.

I mean really... this is common sense stuff. If you don't know - then research. Don't come on here trashing companies when you yourself did nothing to avoid such problems. In the end it's always buyer beware and if you want to give your money to a shop that has national cases in court for ripping off people by all means go ahead.

Ill keep standing on my soap box with all my money in my pocket not in some crooks.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
KyleM is on a distinguished road
KyleM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post

• If you have no knowledge of what you need why wouldn't you let the shop buy it for you?
  • If you have no knowledge of what you want or need and need someone to install it why wouldn't you look up their credibility?
Google came up with 204,000 hits in .48 seconds when I searched 4wp complaints

http://www.jeepreviews.com/where-to-...parts-reviews/

http://forums.off-road.com/thefts-co...eel-parts.html

http://www.nissanforums.com/truck-su...pped-19-a.html

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...on-CA-13081573

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...hp/t-5885.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...eel-parts.aspx

Need I list more???

Even to keep it fair I didn't even search TW and I know we are full of complaints about them.

I mean really... this is common sense stuff. If you don't know - then research. Don't come on here trashing companies when you yourself did nothing to avoid such problems. In the end it's always buyer beware and if you want to give your money to a shop that has national cases in court for ripping off people by all means go ahead.

Ill keep standing on my soap box with all my money in my pocket not in some crooks.

I will quote myself once again from the OP because your short term memory must be cloudy...

"Staff requested I take pictures of an install of their rockers as I was getting a banging sound every time I hit a minor bump. (This is they key, they should have known right there what the problem was and provided additional instructions. The pictures taken were very detailed and actually had descriptions of what one was looking at. When I had called back to confirm they had received my pictures, they responded with "I'm not sure what I am looking at." Second problem... how the hell do you not know what YOUR product looks like on a vehicle ESPECIALLY with descriptions of what you are looking at... are you retarded?

Second... Open cases in court dont mean shit as you can subpoena anyone even if you are right or wrong. The cases people won were not for installation errors but were for billing errors. 4wp is still a reputable company and the shop I went to has 0 reviews btw.

Third... The sliders were not what originally pissed me off... Missing hardware and when brought to their attention, they dont even send it. Dropping the ball AGAIN earned them a review on TW.

Last but not least.... Swallow less its bad for your health.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #23
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
I will quote myself once again from the OP because your short term memory must be cloudy...

"Staff requested I take pictures of an install of their rockers as I was getting a banging sound every time I hit a minor bump.

1)
(This is they key, they should have known right there what the problem was and provided additional instructions.

2)
The pictures taken were very detailed and actually had descriptions of what one was looking at.

3) When I had called back to confirm they had received my pictures, they responded with "I'm not sure what I am looking at." Second problem... how the hell do you not know what YOUR product looks like on a vehicle ESPECIALLY with descriptions of what you are looking at... are you retarded?

4) Second... Open cases in court dont mean shit as you can subpoena anyone even if you are right or wrong. The cases people won were not for installation errors but were for billing errors. 4wp is still a reputable company and the shop I went to has 0 reviews btw.

5) Third... The sliders were not what originally pissed me off... Missing hardware and when brought to their attention, they dont even send it. Dropping the ball AGAIN earned them a review on TW.

6) Last but not least.... Swallow less its bad for your health.

1) Just because you said they were hitting the rockers doesn't mean they can see them over the phone and guess you didn't install them correctly like 4wp did. Obviously you didn't cover your bases or you wouldn't be bitching now. You had no clue 4wp was inept and had no clue you were missing parts.

2) Lets see these detailed pictures so your showing both sides of the issue not just yours.

3) See #2

4) Don't even try and act like you looked them up at the BBB. Did you ask anyone here? did you read the 2000,000 reviews online? NO...your point is pointless

5) I can see how that would be frustrating. AP admitted they were at fault and apologized. Shit happens and people make mistakes, but it's how companies deal with them that make them either good or bad.

6) Thanks for the health tip, but did you research that because you don;t have a good track record at this point and time.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #24
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Anyone who let's 4wp service or work on their own junk is

xxxx is right.. you can google for days on end of the horror stories from 4wp.

And as far as a write up or install instructions for the newest version of the allpro sliders..ill have one up by the end of this weekend when I finish installing mine. Just waiting for the spray paint to dry to start the actual work . My goal is to have the writeup along the lines as my rear diff removal/install writeup..step by step

Side note: cutting and grinding off old welded sliders is a bitch! Never again will I weld sliders on.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #25
KyleM's Tacoma Gallery
1) I wasn't missing parts for the rockers. And they were installed correctly.

2)
Drivers Side: First Arm "Flush with body"

I mean you can even see the scratches on the weld... can you not?

3) see #2

4) Nah I googled it just like you.

5) Yeah after I posed on TW and they were worried about their reputation. No follow up call when they knew they made a mistake in the first place. IMO shoulda had a sticky on the CPU they sit infront of all day as a reminder.

6) Googled it just like you... whats new?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
KyleM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Anyone who let's 4wp service or work on their own junk is

xxxx is right.. you can google for days on end of the horror stories from 4wp.

And as far as a write up or install instructions for the newest version of the allpro sliders..ill have one up by the end of this weekend when I finish installing mine. Just waiting for the spray paint to dry to start the actual work . My goal is to have the writeup along the lines as my rear diff removal/install writeup..step by step

Side note: cutting and grinding off old welded sliders is a bitch! Never again will I weld sliders on.
I service my own... And I would install myself but I didn't have necessary tools.

Thats why I didn't go weld on.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #27
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
1) I wasn't missing parts for the rockers. And they were installed correctly.

2)

3) see #2
does not take a rocket science degree to figure out to notch the pinch weld in that case such as yours..regardless of whats recommended by the manufacturer or not. i have my allpro sliders as high up as possible for ground clearance ,and i can tell you that i notched my own pinch welds as high as possible to make that happen..meh

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
KyleM's Tacoma Gallery
I just dont know how one could receive pictures like this and respond with I dunno what I am looking at.... Weither I should know to notch that or not... The manufacture should know that. That's all I am trying to say. Not everyone is a 4x4 part expert/installer. Ever thought of some people just liking the sport and trying to get into it? I had a problem, did what I was asked and ended up with a serious headache. I let it go and continued to make purchased and the very next purchase of mine was all mess up again. So I was really pissed off. Thats all Im gonna say.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #29
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

When you sent this picture, you were talking about how all of the different legs were spaced differently.
My comment of "IDK what I'm looking at" was more of a "which leg is this?"

Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery

this is a funny thread!!

OP- so you say that you service your own vehicle but did not have necessary tools to install a set of bolt on sliders? and that by looking at that picture you shared with us you were unable to figure out what the problem was?

I seriously can't believe you took it to toyota to get a 2nd opinion on that.. yeaaaa toyota totally knows how to install all pro sliders...

I also can't believe you paid $100 to get that problem solved! take a pry bar and pry that shit outta the way, or a large flathead screw driver. What are you going to do when you actually have a serious problem..... :new thread from op: "HELP!!!! MY TIRE DOES NOT HAVE ANY AIR IN IT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! JUST CALLED TOYOTA AND THEY ARE CLOSED "

Anytime you do modifications to your vehicle you should know whats going on and not just assume that the product has everything required and that the person doing the install knows what they are doing. That is why I now do as much as I can by myself so I know its done properly.

step 1: research product
step 2: research how to install product, and all possible problems people have with install
step 3: drink beer and install product.

sorry if this came out way too mean.. I'm not proofreading

Old 06-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Get off the OP's nuts, lol. He's probably just frustrated, I would be too. However, I have personally experienced the best customer service from them (allpro) than other forum vendors on here and I am going to have to argue with you there, I would be royally pissed at 4WP, they modify 4WD vehicles day in and day out. They should not have charged another $100 for labor and if you went and complained I'm sure they would give you a refund. Also I would use google reviews on your local 4WP, there are tons of complaints about how they install aftermarket equipment and messing it up.

Quote:
If you buy products from All-Pro Off Road I would strongly encourage you to make 100% sure all off your order is present and I hope you are a professional installer of their products yourself.
It happens sometimes, and this just doesn't go for allpro, it goes for all vendors, but they said they would fix it.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #32
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Get off the OP's nuts, lol. He's probably just frustrated, I would be too. However, I have personally experienced the best customer service from them (allpro) than other forum vendors on here and I am going to have to argue with you there, I would be royally pissed at 4WP, they modify 4WD vehicles day in and day out. They should not have charged another $100 for labor and if you went and complained I'm sure they would give you a refund. Also I would use google reviews on your local 4WP, there are tons of complaints about how they install aftermarket equipment and messing it up.

this^

should've told them they did it wrong. should've fixed it free of charge.

It happens sometimes, and this just doesn't go for allpro, it goes for all vendors, but they said they would fix it.
this^ always check EVERY order for all required parts. and if you want instructions and it doesn't come with them, check the website or call the company.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #33
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My issues were addressed after I created this thread actually.. if at all. How would one know the installation instructions are on the website? Were you born with that knowledge? Funny thing is I didn't even install the product myself 4Wheel Parts did and I am pretty sure they know how to instal rockers. The additional 100 bucks was for labor to removed the rockers and notch the weld and remount. I translated /thread to slash thread. I am curious to why you would even comment?

Old 06-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #34
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
I understand the hardware complaint, which is a known problem and certainly should be brought up to let All-Pro know they are still having the problem.

But I don't understand how it is All-Pro's fault that 4wp improperly installed your sliders. You are saying that "Toyota" told you they didn't do it wrong, because it was flush but still hitting/rubbing the pinch weld.. but any off-road shop would have noticed it was hitting the pinch weld, and should know the necessary steps to fix the problem. By not taking the steps to fix it, which can be apart of the normal installation process, is considered an improper installation to me. I think you got screwed over by 4wp. They are installing your product, which means they should have the necessary knowledge and experience to do so. Having to notch the pinch weld is very common not just for All-Pro sliders, but from different vendors as well.

You have an account here, but didn't research the product you paid money for or the shop that installed that product. (Which, to agree with members on here, for someone who services their own truck and has a whole forum to search, still let 4wp anywhere near their truck.)

Old 06-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ap ftw . 4wp ftl

Closed Thread