1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Service - Missing Parts

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by KyleM, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:

I will quote myself once again from the OP because your short term memory must be cloudy...

"Staff requested I take pictures of an install of their rockers as I was getting a banging sound every time I hit a minor bump. (This is they key, they should have known right there what the problem was and provided additional instructions. The pictures taken were very detailed and actually had descriptions of what one was looking at. When I had called back to confirm they had received my pictures, they responded with "I'm not sure what I am looking at." Second problem... how the hell do you not know what YOUR product looks like on a vehicle ESPECIALLY with descriptions of what you are looking at... are you retarded?

Second... Open cases in court dont mean shit as you can subpoena anyone even if you are right or wrong. The cases people won were not for installation errors but were for billing errors. 4wp is still a reputable company and the shop I went to has 0 reviews btw.

Third... The sliders were not what originally pissed me off... Missing hardware and when brought to their attention, they dont even send it. Dropping the ball AGAIN earned them a review on TW.

Last but not least.... Swallow less its bad for your health.

2. Jun 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

1) Just because you said they were hitting the rockers doesn't mean they can see them over the phone and guess you didn't install them correctly like 4wp did. Obviously you didn't cover your bases or you wouldn't be bitching now. You had no clue 4wp was inept and had no clue you were missing parts.

2) Lets see these detailed pictures so your showing both sides of the issue not just yours.

3) See #2

4) Don't even try and act like you looked them up at the BBB. Did you ask anyone here? did you read the 2000,000 reviews online? NO...your point is pointless

5) I can see how that would be frustrating. AP admitted they were at fault and apologized. Shit happens and people make mistakes, but it's how companies deal with them that make them either good or bad.

6) Thanks for the health tip, but did you research that because you don;t have a good track record at this point and time.

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Anyone who let's 4wp service or work on their own junk is :crazy:

xxxx is right.. you can google for days on end of the horror stories from 4wp.

And as far as a write up or install instructions for the newest version of the allpro sliders..ill have one up by the end of this weekend when I finish installing mine. Just waiting for the spray paint to dry to start the actual work :cookiemonster:. My goal is to have the writeup along the lines as my rear diff removal/install writeup..step by step

Side note: cutting and grinding off old welded sliders is a bitch! Never again will I weld sliders on.

4. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    1) I wasn't missing parts for the rockers. And they were installed correctly.

2)
    Drivers Side: First Arm "Flush with body"
    [​IMG]
    I mean you can even see the scratches on the weld... can you not?

3) see #2

4) Nah I googled it just like you.

5) Yeah after I posed on TW and they were worried about their reputation. No follow up call when they knew they made a mistake in the first place. IMO shoulda had a sticky on the CPU they sit infront of all day as a reminder.

6) Googled it just like you... whats new?

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I service my own... And I would install myself but I didn't have necessary tools.

Thats why I didn't go weld on.

6. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    does not take a rocket science degree to figure out to notch the pinch weld in that case such as yours..regardless of whats recommended by the manufacturer or not. i have my allpro sliders as high up as possible for ground clearance ,and i can tell you that i notched my own pinch welds as high as possible to make that happen..meh

7. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I just dont know how one could receive pictures like this and respond with I dunno what I am looking at.... Weither I should know to notch that or not... The manufacture should know that. That's all I am trying to say. Not everyone is a 4x4 part expert/installer. Ever thought of some people just liking the sport and trying to get into it? I had a problem, did what I was asked and ended up with a serious headache. I let it go and continued to make purchased and the very next purchase of mine was all mess up again. So I was really pissed off. Thats all Im gonna say.

8. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    When you sent this picture, you were talking about how all of the different legs were spaced differently.
    My comment of "IDK what I'm looking at" was more of a "which leg is this?"

9. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    :rofl:

this is a funny thread!!

OP- so you say that you service your own vehicle but did not have necessary tools to install a set of bolt on sliders? and that by looking at that picture you shared with us you were unable to figure out what the problem was?

I seriously can't believe you took it to toyota to get a 2nd opinion on that.. yeaaaa toyota totally knows how to install all pro sliders... :D

I also can't believe you paid $100 to get that problem solved! take a pry bar and pry that shit outta the way, or a large flathead screw driver. What are you going to do when you actually have a serious problem..... :new thread from op: "HELP!!!! MY TIRE DOES NOT HAVE ANY AIR IN IT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! JUST CALLED TOYOTA AND THEY ARE CLOSED :( "

Anytime you do modifications to your vehicle you should know whats going on and not just assume that the product has everything required and that the person doing the install knows what they are doing. That is why I now do as much as I can by myself so I know its done properly.

step 1: research product
    step 2: research how to install product, and all possible problems people have with install
    step 3: drink beer and install product.

sorry if this came out way too mean.. I'm not proofreading

10. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Get off the OP's nuts, lol. He's probably just frustrated, I would be too. However, I have personally experienced the best customer service from them (allpro) than other forum vendors on here and I am going to have to argue with you there, I would be royally pissed at 4WP, they modify 4WD vehicles day in and day out. They should not have charged another $100 for labor and if you went and complained I'm sure they would give you a refund. Also I would use google reviews on your local 4WP, there are tons of complaints about how they install aftermarket equipment and messing it up.

It happens sometimes, and this just doesn't go for allpro, it goes for all vendors, but they said they would fix it.

11. Jun 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    this^ always check EVERY order for all required parts. and if you want instructions and it doesn't come with them, check the website or call the company.

12. Jun 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.