1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad Service - Missing Parts

Discussion in 'All-Pro Off Road' started by KyleM, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    This is the second time I have placed an order with All-Pro Off Road and I must say it will be my last. The products made are of good quality however the service over the phone sucks. (calls going to India are of higher service quality) Some products are shipped with missing parts. When I called to notify them of missing hardware, they said they would send it right away. It is now day 3 still no hardware, guess I am off to Home Depot to buy my own hardware. Staff requested I take pictures of an install of their rockers as I was getting a banging sound every time I hit a minor bump. The pictures taken were very detailed and actually had descriptions of what one was looking at. When I had called back to confirm they had received my pictures, they responded with "I'm not sure what I am looking at." I would hope an employee is properly trained on a companies products and would know exactly what they were looking at. Then I was notified that some tacoma models needed a notch cut in the pinch weld of the body when this happens. Okay thats no biggie, but maybe like some directions with the product that says if this happens do this. How hard is it to include installation instructions? I think this is the first product I have ever bought in my entire life that did not come with installation instructions especially for a product that is fabricated for a specific make and model.

If you buy products from All-Pro Off Road I would strongly encourage you to make 100% sure all off your order is present and I hope you are a professional installer of their products yourself.

2. Jun 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4

That is my fault. I was notified late Thursday or Friday and I must have dropped the ball.
    However, we have 2 new guys out in the shipping department and they are the ones who wrapped your fair-lead without the nuts or whatever hardware you are missing.

Regarding the slider install, I will quote the website... "Pinch flange notching may be required due to slight variations between vehicles, and minimal drilling is needed for proper installation."
    Installation instructions for most of our products can be found here, including 05+ slider install: Sorry about the mishap.

3. Jun 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    /thread

4. Jun 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Your reasoning? Costing me an additional 100 bucks, and having a negative experience on both of my only two purchases? I believe my review is fair.

5. Jun 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    well you wrote your review, your issues were addressed by the company you are reviewing, what more is there to say?
    they explain on the website that you may have to notch the pinch flange with installation.
    what did you spend $100 on? if it was hardware, I'd be more worried about the fact that you got hosed on that.

by the way "/thread" means "end thread", not to close it.

6. Jun 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    My issues were addressed after I created this thread actually.. if at all. How would one know the installation instructions are on the website? Were you born with that knowledge? Funny thing is I didn't even install the product myself 4Wheel Parts did and I am pretty sure they know how to instal rockers. The additional 100 bucks was for labor to removed the rockers and notch the weld and remount. I translated /thread to slash thread. I am curious to why you would even comment?

7. Jun 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    I agree they should come with paper instructions, but if there was an issue, it would have taken all of 3 minutes for you, or 4 wheel parts to call them up and ask what's going on.
    Also if you were concerned about the install and not having instructions, the first place to look would be the website, next would be to call them BEFORE the initial install.

why did you make the thread if you didn't want comments?

Sometimes there is good reason to make a rant thread to get some attention, and get things moving, you got the attention, the new hardware was shipped according to the company, they explained why there was an issue and apologized. what else are you hoping to come out of this thread?

I understand you are pissed, I would be too, but nothing we can do... that's between you and all pro.

8. Jun 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    You're funny.

I submitted a review of MY experience conducting business with a company multiple times and wasn't ment for comments. Everyone else seemed to get the idea.

Have a frosty day bud.

9. Jun 15, 2012 at 5:12 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    I don't understand, 4Wheel Parts is obviously at fault here for installing the rockers improperly. That part should be taken up with them and your $100 refunded since they did it wrong, that isn't all-pro's fault.

I'm no all-pro fan boy (don't own a single one of their products) but in my opinion half your frustration needs to be directed at the installer you paid to do the job properly.

10. Jun 15, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    To OP......Thread is fine IMO. Thats what the site is for.

Hardware.............def vendors fault and a PITA I can understand.

Install.................have to agree that installer/customer is to blame. Yes a set of directions would be nice in paper but in the age of computers and such its almost a no brainer that any info needed to a specific job is online in PDF somewhere if not on the VENDORS SITE(1st place i would look honestly).

Take your business elsewhere if you are not pleased with you customer experience........there are many companies out there competing for it.:)

11. Jun 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I don't agree that the OP should have to pay the 100 extra for labor to remove, notch the weld and remount. It should have been done from the get go with the initial install that was done by All Pro. Then to add the fact that he had to take time out of his day to bring it back and wait for it. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding and a refund is in order?

12. Jun 15, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    I'm fascinated that OP posted a thread, and didn't expect people to comment. Perhaps he forgot which site he was on. :laugh:

13. Jun 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    All Pro=vendor
    4Wheel= insaller

The question is the notch and whatnot worth 100 dollars.......or better yet.....if directions were present at the time of install quote would it have been 100 dollars worth of labor added. One can assume it would have changed the price. The 100 dollars thought prob includes the need to take off the sliders........notch.......reinstall

I personally believe it sucks but to just deal.......i just got hit by a uninsured driver if that makes you feel any better or put that 100 into perspective:D

14. Jun 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I hear you all and I did deal and ate the cost of the sliders and didn't bitch until now.

What pissed me off to the point of creating the thread was the second purchase I made with them they totally dropped the ball, on multiple ends. And I am sorry but anyone who works in a machine shop and doesn't know Nuts and Bolts go together shouldn't be in a machine shop. IMO. Sure might have been an honest mistake, however I brought it to their attention and they dropped the ball again. No follow up no call no nothing until I posted this thread. That is bad service.

I am sure people have had good experiences with AP. However I have not. This is a review on a company of my experience, sure If you MUST comment be my guest no one can stop you. However I dont think it is necessary to serve the purpose of a customers review of his or hers experience. Additional comments could come across as... well trying to discredit the OP's review.

Mistakes happen in business and in life, however what matters most is how you react to the mistakes you made and what you do to fix the problem and satisfy the customer.

I never got 1 phone call in this entire ordeal including after the thread post. Just an e-mail saying I saw your post on TW, do you still need hardware? and Sorry.

I guess thats cool.. just kinda late.

15. Jun 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    That's why I roll with full coverage bud! But that does suck I feel ya there.

16. Jun 15, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    KyleM

KyleM [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I actually took my truck to a toyota dealer to have a third non-bias party to evaluate the install and help me determine who was at fault because I thought the rockers were warped. The dealer told me they were installed correctly and that there was no more room for them to be moved as they were flush with the frame yet still hitting the body. I am glad 4wheel parts doesn't just start cutting welds on peoples rigs that would be scary.

17. Jun 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Whoops. Thank you. That's what I meant, sorry. All nighter with my high school graduate. I was awake since 130am Thursday when I posted that. :eek:

18. Jun 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    This thread is amazing...

If you can't service your own rig or tell a simple thing like how 'rockers' should be installed you shouldn't have them. Whats going to happen if you actually use them or happen to break something in the trail? Well 4wp won't be there to help you I can tell you that.

I suggest you take the time to research products before buying them and if you can't handle installation please research the installer. 4wp is horrible and you can see that with any simple Google search of their reviews.

You bringing your products to the installer and missing instructions and bolts....yep once again that's 100% your fault. You need to know what your buying and giving to an installer. If you waste their time by not giving them all the parts or directions you should pay. Next time buy your parts through them and both of those issues would of been on them. On the other hand if they quoted the install before hand they should know WTF they are doing. Even a mental midget knows that the cab will move separate from the frame thus crushing the pinch weld if it's sitting on it in the parking lot.

I agree you should of gotten your parts at once, but I don't hink any of your other complaints are warranted. I sure as hell knew how my bumper mounted before I spent 1k on it and waited months for it....

oh and screw cutting...just bash it flat with a dead blow then seal it up so it doesn't get cancer.

19. Jun 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    Honestly I think this comment is total bullshit. Not everyone that invests in their vehicle has the knowledge and background for install. That is why there are many shops out there filling the need. Get off your soapbox.

20. Jun 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

:laugh:

• If you have no knowledge of what you need why wouldn't you let the shop buy it for you?
    • If you have no knowledge of what you want or need and need someone to install it why wouldn't you look up their credibility?
    Google came up with 204,000 hits in .48 seconds when I searched 4wp complaints

http://www.jeepreviews.com/where-to-buy-jeep-accessories/107/4wheel-parts-reviews/

http://forums.off-road.com/thefts-complaints/229835-done-4-wheel-parts.html

http://www.nissanforums.com/truck-suv/88361-4-wheel-parts-gets-slapped-19-a.html

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revi...Services/4-Wheel-Parts-in-Compton-CA-13081573

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5885.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/4-wheel-parts.aspx

Need I list more???

Even to keep it fair I didn't even search TW and I know we are full of complaints about them.

I mean really... this is common sense stuff. If you don't know - then research. Don't come on here trashing companies when you yourself did nothing to avoid such problems. In the end it's always buyer beware and if you want to give your money to a shop that has national cases in court for ripping off people by all means go ahead.

Ill keep standing on my soap box with all my money in my pocket not in some crooks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top