Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

long travel kit

Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #21
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Or he could get the burg kit for the same price if he talks to the right people.
Who are these"right people" you speak of?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or he could get the burg kit for the same price if he talks to the right people.
then he should go that route i really have no clue how much first gen LT kits runs for i have never looked into it, 2k just seemed really cheap compared to the TC 2nd gen im looking at lol
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
woodbutcher is on a distinguished road
woodbutcher's Tacoma Gallery
if i knew what the hell i was doing i would probably be half way through it lots of valuable info. so what steps would you take first. i will build up to the lt i did read that the rear is important to do first for lt to keep the rear from coming around on you aswell as other problems. i got spacers i wasnt ready to commit to any given height just yet. if i go to high i will definately roll it. i tend to push it sometimes as it is. 3'' is okay but im rubbing on the inside when im hard over one way or the other 3'' more in the front may 2'' in rear what do you think i really dig the front being higher
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
then he should go that route i really have no clue how much first gen LT kits runs for i have never looked into it, 2k just seemed really cheap compared to the TC 2nd gen im looking at lol
The burg LT kit for the 1st gen runs $2,400 while the TC kit runs I think $2,600.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #26
as far as a lift i like to the front higher. rear kind of sqauts but i think i need a little more in the front my 30'' tires are rubbing when im hard over one way or the other anyone know a good ratio. another 3'' infront two in the back. lots of good info guys thanks keep it coming.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...-95-04-lt-kit/

http://www.chaosfab.com/96000.php
Old 06-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
as far as a lift i like to the front higher. rear kind of sqauts but i think i need a little more in the front my 30'' tires are rubbing when im hard over one way or the other anyone know a good ratio. another 3'' infront two in the back. lots of good info guys thanks keep it coming.
you have a lot of info you need to read and understand before you even think of LT.

LT is here

here is your knowledge of suspension. not trying to offend you but i'm telling you whats up.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
you have a lot of info you need to read and understand before you even think of LT.

LT is here

here is your knowledge of suspension. not trying to offend you but i'm telling you whats up.
im not trying to offend is what people say right before they try to offend you. im a visual learner need pics as well as info. not settled on long travel mid travel is a new direction im gathering options so i can raise my knowlegde of suspension. no offense but im a carpenter if you want to know how to form concrete, build a deck or make a piece of furniture my knowledge level is way up there.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #30

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...formation.html

Lots of info.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #31

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
also here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ere-first.html
Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
A set of king coilovers, upper control arms, the wheel spacers you have will change your trucks performance immediately.
Cost...roughly $2000.00
As for the rear, well, that's a whole other ballgame. I think zach can answer those questions a lot better.
Front long travel setup...
Old 06-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
Who are these"right people" you speak of?
Camburg. When you order direct from Camburg you get a TW discount and the front kit is $2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
A set of king coilovers, upper control arms, the wheel spacers you have will change your trucks performance immediately.
Cost...roughly $2000.00
As for the rear, well, that's a whole other ballgame. I think zach can answer those questions a lot better.
Zach does not have LT rear. I did my entire LT rear end with the cost of a new welder for ~$1850.

OP you really need to do some more research. LT is not about "lift", look through some of the builds on here and look at the differences between long travel and mid travel and what each can do. You need to decide what you really need it to do or you will end up wasting money
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
ColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud ofColesDirtyYota has much to be proud of

Name: Cole
ColesDirtyYota's Tacoma Gallery
did the OP smoke crack before starting this thread? that intro has me convinced.

Also even if u drop like 3k get your front looking super sicky gnar 3.5" wider along with the 3" spacer monstrosity so u can haul through the mud next to your job site, you will need to do the same to your rear end otherwise its useless, u cant build half a truck and expect it to work 100%. on average expect to spend 6-7k on this... and it cant be done over night. otherwise every other crack whore and there mom would be long traveled as well
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHAWK250 View Post
did the OP smoke crack before starting this thread? that intro has me convinced.

Also even if u drop like 3k get your front looking super sicky gnar 3.5" wider along with the 3" spacer monstrosity so u can haul through the mud next to your job site, you will need to do the same to your rear end otherwise its useless, u cant build half a truck and expect it to work 100%. on average expect to spend 6-7k on this... and it cant be done over night. otherwise every other crack whore and there mom would be long traveled as well
Not sure if he's a crackhead, just think he's new to the lift/long travel arena. He just needs to do the research and find what suits him best. I think a simple coilover/control arm setup would suffice, but what do I know.
Crackheads need lifted trucks too.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
We were all new once. I remember when I first joined here with my second gen with a top spacer lift and blocks I saw a pic of some one hucking their truck at Pismo and asked what I needed so I could do that too. Mikesdoublecab answered the question and pointed me to the sake.set up that guy had.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
We were all new once. I remember when I first joined here with my second gen with a top spacer lift and blocks I saw a pic of some one hucking their truck at Pismo and asked what I needed so I could do that too. Mikesdoublecab answered the question and pointed me to the sake.set up that guy had.
at one time my truck had a spacer lift too
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer Lifts ftw!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
at one time my truck had a spacer lift too
Really??? Hahaha. I remember seeing your rig on TTORA, the Icon CO's and TC UCA's. Then you went straight to long travel.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really??? Hahaha. I remember seeing your rig on TTORA, the Icon CO's and TC UCA's. Then you went straight to long travel.
yup. the mid travel replaced my spacer lift. i put the spacer on not long after i bought the truck in 2004... my truck sat around at my parent's house from 2006-2008 during my military training. did the mid travel right after i got out

spacer