Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

long travel kit

Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
woodbutcher is on a distinguished road
woodbutcher's Tacoma Gallery
long travel kit

i live off of palm and 7th looking to put together a long travel kit i use my truck for work so needs to be somewhat comfortable. i drive the ortega hwy. to and from work and will frequently wander off the beaten path our jobsites are dirt and rocks so when it rains it turns to soup, and i love to hit the mud. i did a 3'' body lift in the front to get more clearance on my tires not enough don't want it to high because i still like to corner on paved roads. i fugured if i push the wheels out i can get what i need to have a ride that will function well anywhere not interested in climbing rocks. i want to haul ass through the mud and dirt. do you install also or just a vendor since your local i will give you first opportnity to meet my needs thanks i would appreciate any advice or info i have an 02 tacoma crew cab
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
i live off of palm and 7th looking to put together a long travel kit i use my truck for work so needs to be somewhat comfortable. i drive the ortega hwy. to and from work and will frequently wander off the beaten path our jobsites are dirt and rocks so when it rains it turns to soup, and i love to hit the mud. i did a 3'' body lift in the front to get more clearance on my tires not enough don't want it to high because i still like to corner on paved roads. i fugured if i push the wheels out i can get what i need to have a ride that will function well anywhere not interested in climbing rocks. i want to haul ass through the mud and dirt. do you install also or just a vendor since your local i will give you first opportnity to meet my needs thanks i would appreciate any advice or info i have an 02 tacoma crew cab
i want to see your truck if you did a body lift on only the front...so your cab sits 2-3 in higher then your bed ???
Old 06-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
my short term goal is to lift my truck pre-runner stance. long travel suspension. tube steel bumper front, and back. i have fiber glass fenders on the front gonna do the rear soon. i have 30'' bfg m/t km2 tires. purpose for my build i work construction some job sites require you to go off-road which is fine i see a lot of guys getting stuck all the time the rear locker kicks ass saved me countless times. i drive the ortega hwy to and from work it's paved and has tons of twists and turns, and if you drag ass through there you might aswell pull over. i also beat it up pretty hard and its not going to hold up forever. i figured i could gain more overall wheel travel widen the stance which could help in corners and give me more clearance in my turning radius so i can keep the lift to a minimum. im open to opinion.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my short term goal is to lift my truck pre-runner stance. long travel suspension. tube steel bumper front, and back. i have fiber glass fenders on the front gonna do the rear soon. i have 30'' bfg m/t km2 tires. purpose for my build i work construction some job sites require you to go off-road which is fine i see a lot of guys getting stuck all the time the rear locker kicks ass saved me countless times. i drive the ortega hwy to and from work it's paved and has tons of twists and turns, and if you drag ass through there you might aswell pull over. i also beat it up pretty hard and its not going to hold up forever. i figured i could gain more overall wheel travel widen the stance which could help in corners and give me more clearance in my turning radius so i can keep the lift to a minimum. im open to opinion.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
...... Btw you do know how much LT goes for right?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
long travel kit-my-taco-036.jpg

long travel kit-my-taco-037.jpg

long travel kit-my-taco-038.jpg

long travel kit-my-taco-039.jpg
Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
...... Btw you do know how much LT goes for right?
what do you mean
Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what do you mean
He means LT cost thousands of dollars.

It cost me about $3,500 just for CO's and the LT kit alone.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #13

precoma's Tacoma Gallery
ok so you mean a spacer lift not a body lift two totally different things. and long travel is no joke it will cost you upwards of 4-5 grand just for the front if done right and even more for the rear sence your a first gen. my suggestion to you would be a solid mid travel set up like im running so you would need new upper control arms i prefer total chaos then you should get new coils and get rid of the spacer that will make your truck ride 10x better then you can get wheel spacers which will help fill out your fiberglass fenders and give you the wider stance you want
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
ok so you mean a spacer lift not a body lift two totally different things. and long travel is no joke it will cost you upwards of 4-5 grand just for the front if done right and even more for the rear sence your a first gen. my suggestion to you would be a solid mid travel set up like im running so you would need new upper control arms i prefer total chaos then you should get new coils and get rid of the spacer that will make your truck ride 10x better then you can get wheel spacers which will help fill out your fiberglass fenders and give you the wider stance you want
Not really 1st gen parts are cheaper than 2nd gen parts.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #15

precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Not really 1st gen parts are cheaper than 2nd gen parts.
but i thought they dont really make a sua kit for the first gens like they do the second gens( defined, dmz) so it cost more to get all the parts separate and takes alot more fab work ?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #16

Quote:
but i thought they dont really make a sua kit for the first gens like they do the second gens( defined, dmz) so it cost more to get all the parts separate and takes alot more fab work ?
Ah I see... I was referring to the front. Rear LT is big bucks!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #17

precoma's Tacoma Gallery
but for the OP if you decide you want LT and you are on a budget, alot of people on here bash Engage Offroad but most the guys that actually run there kit love it, they have a sale right now and can get the front kit for cheap

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eng...rts-today.html
Old 06-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #18

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Like Corey said above, just get a good mid travel kit and some spidertraxx
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Their first gen kit isn't that bad. its the 2nd gen kit we aren't fond of per say
Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #20

Quote:
but for the OP if you decide you want LT and you are on a budget, alot of people on here bash Engage Offroad but most the guys that actually run there kit love it, they have a sale right now and can get the front kit for cheap

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eng...rts-today.html
Or he could get the burg kit for the same price if he talks to the right people.