Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

Just ordered rear bumper

Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered rear bumper

I just ordered a rear bumper from All-Pro today. I'm pretty stoked about it and can't wait to install it. I'll post some pics once it's on the truck.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine by myself. Weight-wise, it seems about the same as the OEM and only took a few hours.

I also ordered the hidden class III hitch, but haven't installed that yet.

That may not seem too useful, but if you drop the rear off a steep shelf, the hitch is protected from damage, which it would probably endure with the OEM setup.

Edited to add adjusted bumper with license plate lights:

Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellero View Post
I just ordered a rear bumper from All-Pro today. I'm pretty stoked about it and can't wait to install it. I'll post some pics once it's on the truck.
Thanks for the order! Let us know if you have any questions on the install. It is pretty straight forward though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
I just installed mine by myself. Weight-wise, it seems about the same as the OEM and only took a few hours.

I also ordered the hidden class III hitch, but haven't installed that yet.

That may not seem too useful, but if you drop the rear off a steep shelf, the hitch is protected from damage, which it would probably endure with the OEM setup.

Looks good! Thanks for posting.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if there's an install guide from AP (there isn't one on their website). But keep all bolts loose and make sure you get all bolts to get some thread, then tighten everything down. This is especially true if you have the hitch also.

Also, the hitch has 4 bolts that go into the frame, 2 on each side. I learned from calling AP that on 2 of them, the OEM bolts wont work because it's too small. I ended up drilling and using my own bolt and nut per side

here's the view from the bottom. the one labeled impossible is the one where I had to drill my own hole into the frame. Do this on both sides

here's another view

Also, make sure you take out the black plastic pieces underneath the taillights so that you can push the bumper all the way in (got this info when I called AP)
Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also, make sure you take out the black plastic pieces underneath the taillights so that you can push the bumper all the way in (got this info when I called AP)
Good to know, as I left those on, but I'll be removing them.

I seldom read instructions, anyway.

Jim
Old 09-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
bellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to beholdbellero is a splendid one to behold

Army:
bellero's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the comments/advice. However the bumper is for my 1st Gen and quite different from the one posted by Area 52.
It's supposed to be delivered this Monday, I'll post some pics once it's painted and installed.
I'm very tempted to paint it with something like Line-X spray-on for bedliners. Any advice against this?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellero View Post
Thanks for all the comments/advice. However the bumper is for my 1st Gen and quite different from the one posted by Area 52.
It's supposed to be delivered this Monday, I'll post some pics once it's painted and installed.
I'm very tempted to paint it with something like Line-X spray-on for bedliners. Any advice against this?
got any pictures what did you paint it with. i just ordered mine about a week ago some year truck cant wait to get it. i painted my slider with some rustoleum stuff and wheels.. seems to be holding up really well!!