Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

U-Bolt Flip Kit Question

Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
U-Bolt Flip Kit Question

Your website calls out the following cheaper option for bump stops with your U-Bolt Flip Kit:

Tapped flip plates add $10 per kit.
Bumpstops add $19.90 per kit.

Do you have any pictures of this? Has anyone installed these? I want to flip, but I dont want to spend the money on the Timbren's...

Thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Don't use the timbrens unless you're towing. Go to autozone and pick up a cheap poly performance bumpstop of your choice, drill a hole in the strike plate (on the frame), and install the bump so it is facing down. It will strike off the U-bolt flip plate.

You'll save money and have more bump travel, which is critical in keeping the back end of the truck down through the rough stuff.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Your website calls out the following cheaper option for bump stops with your U-Bolt Flip Kit:

Do you have any pictures of this? Has anyone installed these? I want to flip, but I dont want to spend the money on the Timbren's...

Thanks
I ordered my flip kit tapped and used the original bumpstop, drilled two holes in each and did some grinding.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Don't use the timbrens unless you're towing. Go to autozone and pick up a cheap poly performance bumpstop of your choice, drill a hole in the strike plate (on the frame), and install the bump so it is facing down. It will strike off the U-bolt flip plate.

You'll save money and have more bump travel, which is critical in keeping the back end of the truck down through the rough stuff.
3" or the 4.5"? Was going to get some but wasn't sure how much they compress? Stock is 3" and my super bumps compress to that but their a little on the soft side!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post

Thanks
should have pics for you by Friday evening..
Old 02-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
here it is.

their universal bump stops are shorter in height than our oem's. i ended up taking them out & drilling holes in the oem's & bolting them to the plate.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on your spring it may be necessary to run an even taller bumpstop or run an extension from the striker plate up top so that the leaf springs don't go flat or past flat into negative arch.

I don't have pictures of this kit on a truck, but I can get pictures of the components themselves. Let me know if you want them.
Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my kit last week. I have the all pro standard leaf pack and have extended icon shocks. Here is what it looks like all installed. From my leaf pack to frame, I had just a little over 7 inches.

The flip kit plate is .5"
The Timbren bumpstop is 4.75".

That left me with exactly 2" of room before it hits the stops. They aren't super hard, I could squeeze them just a little bit with my hands. From what I have read they do compress down under load. If I had to guess, they are probably going to compress down around 1.5". Which ends up making them about 3.25 when compress, plus the .5" flip plate kit. Overall .75" taller than stock if I had to guess. Which is just a little taller than stock. I haven't noticed any issue with them at all, but I haven't loaded the bed down with weight since I put them on either. This is just my estimates from reading and seeing them in place, etc... I think they are going to be perfect for my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
U-Bolt Flip Kit Question-20130202_160703.jpg   U-Bolt Flip Kit Question-20130202_160635.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwall23 View Post
I just installed my kit last week. I have the all pro standard leaf pack and have extended icon shocks. Here is what it looks like all installed. From my leaf pack to frame, I had just a little over 7 inches.

The flip kit plate is .5"
The Timbren bumpstop is 4.75".

That left me with exactly 2" of room before it hits the stops. They aren't super hard, I could squeeze them just a little bit with my hands. From what I have read they do compress down under load. If I had to guess, they are probably going to compress down around 1.5". Which ends up making them about 3.25 when compress, plus the .5" flip plate kit. Overall .75" taller than stock if I had to guess. Which is just a little taller than stock. I haven't noticed any issue with them at all, but I haven't loaded the bed down with weight since I put them on either. This is just my estimates from reading and seeing them in place, etc... I think they are going to be perfect for my setup.
this is at rest?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #11
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, at rest.
doesn't give you much room to play with does it.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
Not a ton, but I won't be running it too long... I hope anyway. Timbren recommends that you only have 1 inch between the bumpstop and frame. I personally think that is way to close. But I am running an extended travel icon shock in the rear and the compressed length is 16 inches. So, I needed everything that length to make sure I don't bottom out on the shock. Long term goal is to remove that and make the shock point higher on the frame with hoops, relocation kit, etc... Not sure what route I am going to go yet, but as you know that is a bigger job and more money, so I am stuck with it at the moment.

No stuffing the wheels for me yet! Lol... But I have to look at things on the bright side, I have a ton of down travel! Lol
Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone done this with a Firestone Air Ride kit? My Idea was to chop the bolts once installed, then mount the Firestone plates as usual.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #14
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not a ton, but I won't be running it too long... I hope anyway. Timbren recommends that you only have 1 inch between the bumpstop and frame. I personally think that is way to close. But I am running an extended travel icon shock in the rear and the compressed length is 16 inches. So, I needed everything that length to make sure I don't bottom out on the shock. Long term goal is to remove that and make the shock point higher on the frame with hoops, relocation kit, etc... Not sure what route I am going to go yet, but as you know that is a bigger job and more money, so I am stuck with it at the moment.

No stuffing the wheels for me yet! Lol... But I have to look at things on the bright side, I have a ton of down travel! Lol
heres what I did so I wouldn't bottom out my shocks...come out to cali and I will do it for you for cheap!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if these Daystar urethane bumps have the same hole pattern has the Timbren bracket?

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=659

Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd go for quality bump stops, avoid cheapos at common auto stores and get Energy or those pictured above. Same goes for ubolts. These round ones pictured are true 9/16" grade 8 custom made at a spring shop.
Attached Thumbnails
U-Bolt Flip Kit Question-10-25-008.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The All-Pro U-bolts are also 9/16". Grade is not advertised. However, both the plate and the U-bolts appear to be zinc plated. After two winters they are holding up much better than the axle paint...

Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Anyone know if these Daystar urethane bumps have the same hole pattern has the Timbren bracket?

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=659

they will not.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The All-Pro U-bolts are also 9/16". Grade is not advertised. However, both the plate and the U-bolts appear to be zinc plated. After two winters they are holding up much better than the axle paint...
Generally, U Bolts without a grade rating are a grade #5.