Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

ALL-PRO Front Bumper Assembly help

Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
ALL-PRO Front Bumper Assembly help

So I received my all pro bumper and I started on the first piece and I cant get the center piece to fit flush. The welds look to thick and it seems to be off by 5mm. Anyone else run into this problem?

Right and left side for comparisons

Here are the instructions from the site and it seems like this piece is way off
https://www.allprooffroad.com/images...perinstpdf.pdf
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I haven't dealt with an allpro bumper and confused on where you're showing it won't fit. But if the weld is just slightly too thick, you could take a dremel and grinding wheel and flatten the weld slightly, then just hit it with some touch up paint?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I haven't dealt with an allpro bumper and confused on where you're showing it won't fit. But if the weld is just slightly too thick, you could take a dremel and grinding wheel and flatten the weld slightly, then just hit it with some touch up paint?
I was considering that but I dont want to screw it up if its the wrong part. I tried to hammer it with a rubber mallet to fit but the welds are to thick or the center piece is to long and like you said it needs to be dremeled down slightly I just dont want to ruin the powdercoating on it already
Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
hit up wrmathis in the cava thread im going to foward this to him
Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Just give them a call... they will help you out and correct (if any) issues are there. They're good people to work with, give them a chance first.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Just give them a call... they will help you out and correct (if any) issues are there. They're good people to work with, give them a chance first.
Im going to first thing in the morning, They are great people to deal with. Im just frustrated because I wanted to get it on the truck today and the center piece just needs a little grinding i believe. Im not bashing them Im just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem and what to do about it
Old 04-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
yeah i cant tell what your tryin to line up with the pic?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

when i put mine together. i had to basically leave all bolts really loose to get everything to line up. after all bolts where in, thats when i started tightening everything down
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
yeah i cant tell what your tryin to line up with the pic?
The center piece will not line up because the d ring weld hooks look to thick

read this( part A will not line up)

https://www.allprooffroad.com/images...perinstpdf.pdf
Old 04-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
Dark Lord of the Sith

wierd. when mine could be bolted together, didnt have that probelm. mines all welded up now so i cant unbolt it anymore

i would just call all pro and find out wtf
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
wierd. when mine could be bolted together, didnt have that probelm. mines all welded up now so i cant unbolt it anymore

i would just call all pro and find out wtf

Yeah its a little strange and frustrating. I took a rubber mallet to it to try and force it in there and it would not budge. I will call them tomorrow and find out what is going on
Old 04-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Thats odd i dont remember mine being overly tight to assemble, call before you grind it. I cant tell from the pics im on my phone but is it the powder coat being to thick possibly?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #13

Just talked to all pro and they are not sure why it was cut so close but I should have a response by later this afternoon and I will let all of ya know whats up
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of grinding the weld (which weakens the joint slightly), trim the flange on the top-center piece. That flange is too wide on your part versus the picture in the instructions. Touch up the bare metal edge with a dab of black paint.

Alternatively you can send just that piece back to All-Pro, but that takes time.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Instead of grinding the weld (which weakens the joint slightly), trim the flange on the top-center piece. That flange is too wide on your part versus the picture in the instructions.

That was what I was planning on doing I just want to hear back from them to see what I need to do. I want to put this on so badly I cant stand it
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #16

I talked with kurtis and he said that all the center pieces for the bumpers were off by a little. Offered to send a new center piece to me once they figure out what to do about their center pieces that are not lining up.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Determine if anything else is off with your piece. Are all the screw holes and other flanges lining up? If so, it will be much faster for you to rework this piece yourself.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
what if you just fix it yourself and ask for some type of refund instead of sending that piece back and waiting. It sucks waiting for something to come, my trucks still not here in Germany. I've been waiting a month.