Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

$25 shipping?

Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
$25 shipping?

I went to order 24 ET lugnuts from the website but when i got to checkout it was saying shipping via ups ground is $25+ for the lug nuts, but the shirt that i was ordering was only $5 to ship with usps flat rate shipping. seems to me that you could put the lugs in a flat rate box too and ship them for $5-$8 as well
Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Why not give them a call? Their customer service is top notch..
Old 10-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Why not give them a call? Their customer service is top notch..
not open on the weekends, but either way this is something that should be permanently addressed and not just for my order.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Remember that orders like that are done electronically. Not every order can be shipped flat rate or in specific size boxes. The program that they use for their catalog usually uses "weight rate" shipping calculations. This means that each item is given a specific weight in their shipping calculator. Then when you order "X" number of units, it does a calculation based on the total weight. In some cases you actually can save, and in other situations you may lose a little. Same for them. I have seen where a large item ends up getting shipped and the selling company takes a loss on the shipping. There is almost no way electronically to get a perfect shipping rate when computerized calculations are used. I have done a LOT of internet sales, and I will tell you that in general I took a loss when it came to shipping. For every dollar in shipping I made extra, I lost it on the next order. There is just no way to 100% get all shipping rates perfect unless you want to order everything by phone.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Remember that orders like that are done electronically. Not every order can be shipped flat rate or in specific size boxes. The program that they use for their catalog usually uses "weight rate" shipping calculations. This means that each item is given a specific weight in their shipping calculator. Then when you order "X" number of units, it does a calculation based on the total weight. In some cases you actually can save, and in other situations you may lose a little. Same for them. I have seen where a large item ends up getting shipped and the selling company takes a loss on the shipping. There is almost no way electronically to get a perfect shipping rate when computerized calculations are used. I have done a LOT of internet sales, and I will tell you that in general I took a loss when it came to shipping. For every dollar in shipping I made extra, I lost it on the next order. There is just no way to 100% get all shipping rates perfect unless you want to order everything by phone.
well looks like ill be calling on monday, because i know for a fact that 24 nuts can fit in a flat rate box and its under the weight limit for flat rate
Old 10-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
24 lugnuts can fit into a sandwich bag
Old 10-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
well looks like ill be calling on monday, because i know for a fact that 24 nuts can fit in a flat rate box and its under the weight limit for flat rate
And calling might be a good idea. But regardless of it fitting into a flat rate box or not, remember that you are paying "Shipping and HANDLING" charges. This includes the cost of materials for proper packaging, and the labor charges for their employees who package, print labels, and crate up for shipment pickup. I say this to a lot of people, you have to sometimes look at it from a production standpoint, and not only a consumer's viewpoint. It costs money to have a warehouse to stock the parts. It costs money to pay employees to keep the inventory set, and pull down all items for each order, then find proper packaging, protective materials for the product, and get all of the items for an order into their appropriate boxes. It is not always cost efficient to have a bunch of flat rate USPS shipping boxes laying around and "test fit" pieces and parts. sure, 24 lug nuts will fit into a small flat rate box. I am not doubting that. But with a large company like that, they very rarely use USPS for shipping because the overall cost with USPS is actually higher than using UPS ground.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to argue with you about the small picture here with your 24 lug nuts. What I am saying is that one needs to look at the big picture of running a warehouse and large production and sales company. I have been there, and it is VERY complex.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
And calling might be a good idea. But regardless of it fitting into a flat rate box or not, remember that you are paying "Shipping and HANDLING" charges. This includes the cost of materials for proper packaging, and the labor charges for their employees who package, print labels, and crate up for shipment pickup. I say this to a lot of people, you have to sometimes look at it from a production standpoint, and not only a consumer's viewpoint. It costs money to have a warehouse to stock the parts. It costs money to pay employees to keep the inventory set, and pull down all items for each order, then find proper packaging, protective materials for the product, and get all of the items for an order into their appropriate boxes. It is not always cost efficient to have a bunch of flat rate USPS shipping boxes laying around and "test fit" pieces and parts. sure, 24 lug nuts will fit into a small flat rate box. I am not doubting that. But with a large company like that, they very rarely use USPS for shipping because the overall cost with USPS is actually higher than using UPS ground.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to argue with you about the small picture here with your 24 lug nuts. What I am saying is that one needs to look at the big picture of running a warehouse and large production and sales company. I have been there, and it is VERY complex.
I understand your points and I know a lot of companies stay away from USPS for that reason, but half my order was coming USPS (shirt) and the other half was UPS.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
order a hat and shirt from demello off their website. shits like 30 bucks for shipping but if u call them they fix it to what it needs to be
Old 10-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
order a hat and shirt from demello off their website. shits like 30 bucks for shipping but if u call them they fix it to what it needs to be
but i want lug nuts... the shirt was just for the hell of it
Old 10-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
but i want lug nuts... the shirt was just for the hell of it
I understand that. just saying give them a call when they are open tomorrow and find out if they can help you out. i did the same thing and demello helped me out no problem
Old 10-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
$25 shipping and handling? a bit outrageous given the simplicity of a prepackaged 24 count lugnut kit, and, well under the weight limit for a SMALL flat rate box (even priority mail)...

call them for sure...
Old 10-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
I understand that. just saying give them a call when they are open tomorrow and find out if they can help you out. i did the same thing and demello helped me out no problem
ahh i see, i sure hope they can, seeing as how they've already got a good deal of money from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
$25 shipping and handling? a bit outrageous given the simplicity of a prepackaged 24 count lugnut kit, and, well under the weight limit for a SMALL flat rate box (even priority mail)...

call them for sure...
the only reason i can think of is that i have to order 24 individual nuts. not one set.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #14
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
ahh i see, i sure hope they can, seeing as how they've already got a good deal of money from me

the only reason i can think of is that i have to order 24 individual nuts. not one set.
Yeah, you will most likely get some help from them with a phone call. And since you know they DO use USPS, then I bet they could work something out with them. Again though, it is at their option since some warehouses do shipping and handling fees, not just shipping costs. It is of course well worth the phone call.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Yeah, you will most likely get some help from them with a phone call. And since you know they DO use USPS, then I bet they could work something out with them. Again though, it is at their option since some warehouses do shipping and handling fees, not just shipping costs. It is of course well worth the phone call.
Well I've heard plenty of good about there customer service so I'm not to worried about it.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
OP, give them a call.

When I ordered my UCA's from them, their site told me shipping would be nearly $300- butafter talking with kurtis for a few mins, he let me know that they'd fit in a flat rate...so my shipping went from $300 to something like $15
Old 10-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #17
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
OP, give them a call.

When I ordered my UCA's from them, their site told me shipping would be nearly $300- butafter talking with kurtis for a few mins, he let me know that they'd fit in a flat rate...so my shipping went from $300 to something like $15
$15 or $150?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
I called to ask shipping on a bumper, he said they're having a free shipping sale thursday I like these guys
thats how i bought my rear suspension from them. :] saved $150 on shipping