Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

All-Pro Expedition Series Pack Rack

Old 03-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #61
mromeo is on a distinguished road

Army: Rigger/Paratrooper
Name: Mike
mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
How much does shipping generally range on these?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #62
ragincajun35 is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
ragincajun35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromeo View Post
It depends on if you get the bolt together/weld together kit or get them to weld it together for you. I had mine welded by them and shipped freight to a local freight yard and it was 150 bucks which i thought was super reasonable.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #63
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
The custom size will be a big issue I think. From all the shops we talked to they gave us the option to make 2 "standard" sizes. 1 cab height and 1 a few inches lower. The issue is by welding the kit together yourself their are margins of error which could cause fitment issues - which is why we are still in the R&D phase. Everyone measures different lol

You might want to run over to a local custom canvas/upholstery shop and see what kind of options they can come up with to fit your needs.

Keep us posted on your trip this weekend!!
That's exactly why I was thinking of making my own. We chopped 3 1/4" off the legs which is an off amount but it was the lowest I could go and still have my tool box lid clear the front bar. I was thinking magnets sewn into the canvas along the bedsides and tailgate and the flaps would overhang on all sides. That way you could account for MAYBE up to a 6" height differecnce and it would keep any gear in the bed dry during a rain storm. But there's so many other factors like those of us with Rtt's would have to cut holes for mounting hardware and like you said people measure different. Even having it not perfectly square could make a tight fitting canvas top not fit at all. I'll definitely post up pics of the trip. Good luck with the r&d.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #64

mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to run this with a tool box on the truck already? ive got a slim Kobalt box
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #65
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it possible to run this with a tool box on the truck already? ive got a slim Kobalt box
Not the way yours sits on the bed rails it's not. Mine is actually for a trailer tongue so it drops completely down in the bed. I have three 1/2" bolts drilled through the bed and bottom of the tool box to keep it in place. I'll post up pics of it if you're interested in seeing the set up.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #66

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
... But maybe you could make one designed for a short bed work in your 6' bed even with the tool box in place like that. Just a thought.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #67

mromeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmack1 View Post
Not the way yours sits on the bed rails it's not. Mine is actually for a trailer tongue so it drops completely down in the bed. I have three 1/2" bolts drilled through the bed and bottom of the tool box to keep it in place. I'll post up pics of it if you're interested in seeing the set up.
That would be sweet if you could do that. I didnt even think about the short bed rack..... may have to break out the tape measure in the morning
Old 03-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #68

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to snap some pics right now but if they don't turn out well in the dark then I'll do it tomorrow. I'll let u know in a few minutes.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #69

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
if thesepics arent clear enough ill try it again tomorrow...
Old 03-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #70

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery

i emptied it just enough so you could see where the bolts come through
front center by bungees and left rear by 15" crescent wrench:

front center again and right rear by cargo net:

lock surround just clears pack rack bar:
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #71
TACO LOVER!
!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light!TacoTaco! is a glorious beacon of light

Law Enforcement:
Name: Felix
!TacoTaco!'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For all the builds out there looking to keep the weight down..

We now offer our Pack Rack in ALUMINUM!

Perfect for the Overland / Expedition style builds!

_____

Aluminum Details:
1.5" tubing
120 wall
grade 50/52

Weld together kit starting at $599.00

We can completely weld them for $300. And truck ship them.

As of this time there are no weld nuts available for the aluminum and all add ons will
need to be clamped with mounts like the fourtreks.

We are still working on the alum gear rack and that should be available in a month.

Weight is approx. 25 pounds
Does this rack hold the same weight as the steel one?
Also, is it possible to have the arms going to the rails moved outward to still accommodate a tonneau cover?
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM   #72
ragincajun35 is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
ragincajun35's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been waiting for you guys to come out with this rack add on. Any word on when it will be made? I have money in hand and am ready to buy!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #73
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Hey everyone, we just started a GROUPBUY on these PackRacks!

Check it out! Running till the end of March!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
Old 03-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #74
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We are seeing an average shipping cost around $65 for the steel weld-together kit. Depending on location this could of course go up or down.

Quote:
If we had that box we could test it but unfortunately we have no access to one.

Quote:
Thanks for helping out mbmack1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !TacoTaco! View Post
Does this rack hold the same weight as the steel one?
Also, is it possible to have the arms going to the rails moved outward to still accommodate a tonneau cover?
The steel is stronger. The aluminum rack will hold approx. 700lbs safely. It is possible to move the rails out a little bit but too much and you lose the integrity of the supporting the weight when loaded up with an RTT and people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajun35 View Post
Ive been waiting for you guys to come out with this rack add on. Any word on when it will be made? I have money in hand and am ready to buy!!!

I forwarded this onto the fab team - no plans currently to make one but they are going to try and get it on the calendar for R&D. We will update everyone on if and when this does takes place.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #75
willee51 is on a distinguished road

Navy: 2nd Class PO
willee51's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Well..............

If I ever get my Lemon Law suit settled (before I die of old-age ) on my present non-Toyota truck, so I can get a Tacoma, I must have one of these Pack Racks with options!!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #76

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep us posted on your trip this weekend!!
heres where the after trip discussion starts+ pics
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...pouts-340.html
we had a blast and i couldnt have been happier with the pack rack. held the rtt up and gave the pooch plenty of shade from the desert sun. now i just have to do all the modding i have planned for it!
also, for all the rtt guys, i did this

if ur interested in how, i did a quick write up here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...2014-a-44.html
Old 03-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #77
JDAM is on a distinguished road

JDAM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we had a blast and i couldnt have been happier with the pack rack. held the rtt up and gave the pooch plenty of shade from the desert sun. now i just have to do all the modding i have planned for it!

Nice! Going to check out your write up. Pack Rack on it's way and I just took advantage of CVT group buy.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #78

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thank you so much for sharing this! Smart idea on the lock down set-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAM View Post
Nice! Going to check out your write up. Pack Rack on it's way and I just took advantage of CVT group buy.
Awesome! Thanks for your business and we are excited to see your new set up in action with the CVT tent! Which tent model did you decide on?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #79

mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you so much for sharing this! Smart idea on the lock down set-up!
Any time man. Thanks for a great product!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #80
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have a picture of one not cut down on their truck