Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

Get Hammered with All-Pro!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Get Hammered with All-Pro!

GET HAMMERED WITH ALL-PRO!
October 24-25, 2009
Johnson Valley, CA

As a follow up to our original “FJ Cruiser Challenge,” that was held on March 8, 2008, All-Pro Off Road is now calling on more Tacoma owners to step up to the challenge as well!

Just like before, we are trying to take these newer model IFS Toyota 4x4s to the next level, except not only are we running rock crawling trails in the infamous Johnson Valley, we are also planning on expanding this event to include a prerun to the Slash X Café in Stoddard Valley and back!

This run is open to all newer model IFS Toyotas (‘95+) that meet these minimum requirements: 33” tires with front and rear lockers, or 35” tires with a rear locker, a winch, and rock guards. All-Pro will be hand selecting participants to ensure the vehicles and drivers are up to the challenge!

This run will also be featured in 4WD Toyota Owner’s Magazine!

If you think you’re up for the challenge and want to be featured in a magazine, then send us an email with your name, screen name, phone#, and vehicle info including modifications and specs (tire size, lockers, transmission, armor, etc.) to sarah@allprooffroad.com.

Here's a link to the full write-up from last year's event with more pictures:

http://www.allprooffroad.com/events/trail-reports/174-fjcchallenge08[/URL]
Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to put a submission deadline on the original post! Please send me your info by 10-15 if you want to go on this run! We'll post a list of selected participants on 10-16, and email the chosen ones with a detailed itenerary at that time.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #4

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to everyone who signed up for this event! We've decided to let everyone go who signed up and you should be receiving an emailed itenerary shortly. If you don't get it, please let me know. We should have about a dozen trucks out there!

For those of you who just want to hang out and spectate, you can meet our group on Means Dry Lake Bed at 9am, Saturday 10/24, then follow us to the trail head of AFTERSHOCK!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #5

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Official Participant List

“GET HAMMERED”
with All-Pro Off Road
Johnson Valley, CA
October 24, 2009

GET HAMMERED is a follow-up run to last year’s FJ Cruiser Challenge in which we had a group of 8 FJ Cruisers, 1 Tacoma, & 1 4Runner running Claw Hammer. This year, we decided to run Aftershock, an equally challenging Hammers trail.

AFTERSHOCK is one of the original “Hammers” trails in Johnson Valley founded by the Victor Valley 4Wheelers, offering some challenging obstacles, especially for Independent Front Suspension (IFS) trucks. The fact that these trails are typically traversed by trucks with short wheel-bases, solid front axles, and large tires, doesn’t deter All-Pro Off Road from trying to tackle this trail with a group of 14 newer Toyota IFS trucks. These vehicles will be pushed to their limits!

All-Pro will first hold a seminar to educate the drivers on key aspects of off-roading at The Hammers. Then, with the aid of some professional spotting by All-Pro’s owner, Jon Bundrant, our group will navigate up Aftershock and hopefully reach the end without any major damage or breakage. We will have an opportunity to see the last section of the trail, which is also the hardest, on the way to the trail head – there will be no shame if anyone wants to back out at that point!

The requirements for this run were 33” tires with front & rear lockers, or 35” tires with a rear locker, a winch, and rock guards. Although some of the selected participants didn’t meet all of these requirements, they can at least attempt this challenge and make it as far as they can, hopefully even to the end!

For more info, Click Here[/url] to Read:
Johnson Valley OHV Area
A Slice Of Four-Wheel Heaven
By Kevin McNulty, Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road

‘OFFICIAL’ IFS PARTICIPANTS:

1. Sarah Caler (AllPro), CA
2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab TRD Sport
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear Detroit Locker
4.56 Gears
Warn 9.5XP Winch w/Master-Pull synthetic rope
Auto Trans
315/70/R17 BFG A/Ts

2. Tom Page (MonkeyProof), CA
2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear E-Locker
Winch
Auto Trans
35” Hankooks

3. Brandon Hegg (BrandonH), CA
2007 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off-Road
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear E-Locker
Warn 9.5XP Winch w/Master-Pull synthetic line
Auto Trans
285/75/R16 BFG KM2 M/Ts

4. Denny Trujillo (Dtrujillo63), CA
2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear ARB Air Locker
4.56 Gears
No Winch
Auto Trans
285/75/R16 DynaPro MTs

5. John Dicus (Stealth4x4), AZ
2003 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner converted to 4WD
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear E-Locker
4.88 Gears
Smittybuilt XRC Winch w/8,000 lb synthetic line
Auto Trans
255/85/R16 BFG KM2 M/Ts

6. Shane Williams (TacoAbuse), CA
2007 Tacoma Xcab 4x4
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear E-Locker
No Winch
Auto Trans
33” Tires

7. Stephen Frisbie (Scuba951), CA
1999 Tacoma Single Cab 4x4
Open Front Diff
Rear Lockright
Stock Gears (4.10s)
No Winch
5 Speed Trans
33x10.5 BFG MT KM1s

8. Mike Kirsch (FJFunJunkie), CA
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4
Front A-Trac
Rear E-Locker
Warn M8000
Stock Gears
6 Speed Trans
33” Mickey Thompson Tires

9. Brian Simpson (Pelon17), CA
2001 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 w/TRD Supercharger & Headers
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear ARB Air Locker
4.56 Gears
No Winch
Auto Trans
33” Tires

10. John Economides (johnecon2001), AZ
2005 Tacoma Access Cab Sport 4x4
Open Front Diff
Rear ARB Air Locker
No Winch
6 Speed Trans
285/75/R16 Federal Couragia MTs

11. George Zoros, NM
2007 FJ Cruiser Supercharged
Front & Rear Lockers
Auto Trans
Inchworm Tcase
Currie D60 Rear

12. Michael Shaffer (MandAtaco)
2001 Tacoma
ARB Front Locker
Rear E-Locker
Marlin Crawler Tcase
33” Tires

13. Eric Peters (E-Rocker), CA
2008 FJ Cruiser
Front ARB Air Locker
Rear E-Locker
4.56 Gears
No Winch
315/75/R16 BFG KM2 M/Ts

14. Paul Murphy (HBMurphy), CA
2009 Tacoma Double Cab
Open Front Diff
Rear E-Locker
Auto Trans
8,000lb Winch
33” Hankook MTs

TRAIL LEADER:

Jon Bundrant (JonB), CA
2007 FJ Cruiser, All-Pro SAS
1972 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40

SPOTTERS/RECOVERY TEAM:

Brent Akers (Dustpark), CA
2007 FJ Cruiser, All-Pro SAS
(FJ Cruiser Challenge alumni)

Bob Bindles, CA
1970 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40

Jaya Lozano (underthehood), CA
1993 Toyota Landcruiser FZJ80
(FJ Cruiser Challenge alumni)

Pepe Palomo (Infernal), CA
1998 Toyota Tacoma SAS “Macho Taco”
Old 10-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wheres Cliff???
Old 10-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post

i didnt get my locker in fast enough
I'm sorry man
Old 10-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i am waiting....

Old 10-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
I hope neither John or HB break their trucks on this trip.
The WRONG way to come home from Hammers!

Spoke too soon! John was pretty much unscathed. Me on the other hand - Ring & Pinion - I wanted to get gears and a front locker before I went on this run but didn't get to it. Now I know how the AP 3 inch springs handle the woops - in reverse!

Had a great time! The All Pro peeps are great and can't thank dtrujillo63, monkeyproof and e-rocker for helping me make the best of the situation! These guys are great!

I'm sure someone will do a better write up on the whole trip. My highlight was E-rocker kicking the shit out of some boulders - He made it look like he was in a buggy!!! Only a dent to his door - I still say he got the best of the rock that got him!

Other carnage - two earlier cv's - One with a pro pit stop change out in about 45 minutes - I didn't know there was a NAPA hidden in those rocks! One transfer case, some body shop food and many sliders and skids that got a good workout! FJ Junkie's red skids were great!!! Appropriately it looked like blood on the rocks.

Okay, so have I paid my dues for a couple of months!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
Yeah you got untill Jan 15th to get it together and get down to Pheonix.

this run is 3 days long and will be way out in the Bricks
I'll be more ready than ever...
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Time to pawn off the E-Locker and get a 8.4 with an ARB locker.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #15
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Time to pawn off the E-Locker and get a 8.4 with an ARB locker.
You mean get rid of a weak link? Not a bad idea!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #16
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
You mean get rid of a weak link? Not a bad idea!

I must say, If I bought my truck to wheel, I would have went with the sport for this very reason. Then the first thing I would have to do is get rid of that god awful hood, which I'm sure wouldn't be very hard at the rate people are looking for them. Anyways, good luck on getting it all back together. Looks like you guys had some fun this weekend.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #17
Ban Pending

4.56s? 4.88s? Front ARB? As the current Chief of Staff would say: "Never let a serious crisis go to waste!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Well one day I will get back to California and get in on these events!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #20

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Report

Finally got something written up and posted on our website:

"Get Hammered" with All-Pro Trail Report

The full photo gallery should be up tomorrow.
Again, thanks everyone for coming out and getting hammered with us!