Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > All-Pro Off Road

Notices

Bolt-on Slider Questions

Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
BurritoJimmyFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BurritoJimmyFan's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt-on Slider Questions

Will you tell me how these bolt to the frame? I know you recommend welding these, but will they be secure with just bolts? I will weld them eventually, but not until my truck isn't my daily driver.

Here are my questions:
Will they be secure with just bolts? Strong enough to be used as a step?
Is there any drilling required or do they use existing holes?
Is hardware included with the purchase?
Do you offer a discount for TW members?

Thanks in advance for your help. Oh and this is for a 1st gen ext cab.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTacoms View Post
The answer to all your questions is YES.

Demello will offer a group buy here from time to time.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...31-2009-a.html

Try calling them if they will give discount to TW members when not having a group buy.
he did post this in the AP section, so i kinda think thats who he is looking to get...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
he did post this in the AP section, so i kinda think thats who he is looking to get...
Sorry, my bad. I did not realize that it's about AP. I cleaned up the mess... Now, I'm interested on the answer from AP cuz I'm looking for bolt-on slider as well. I just haven't got a chance to ask AP.

Allpro,

Do you offer sliders for DC LB? And bolt on in particular.

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was going to bolt mine on originally, but WAY too many holes to drill into the frame to mount them. welding is much easier, will hold up, and can be removed to look like nothing was ever there
Old 01-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
BurritoJimmyFan is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
BurritoJimmyFan's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, that's what I was afraid of........lots of drilling.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurritoJimmyFan View Post
Okay, that's what I was afraid of........lots of drilling.
now thats on the 2nd gen....i'm not sure how different their applications are for the 1st...may be different
Old 02-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurritoJimmyFan View Post
Will you tell me how these bolt to the frame? I know you recommend welding these, but will they be secure with just bolts? I will weld them eventually, but not until my truck isn't my daily driver.

Here are my questions:
Will they be secure with just bolts? Strong enough to be used as a step?
Is there any drilling required or do they use existing holes?
Is hardware included with the purchase?
Do you offer a discount for TW members?

Thanks in advance for your help. Oh and this is for a 1st gen ext cab.
Sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

Our rock guards can be secured with the included hardware, but it does require drilling of your frame. Whether bolted on or welded on, they are definately strong enough to be used as a step, but if you plan on using your truck in situations where the full weight of the truck is on the rock guard, we recommend welding the on, which is a much easier installation anyway.

Alot of people ask us for forum discounts, but the truth is that 95% of our customer belong to one forum or another, so it isn't feasible to offer a "forum" discount, but we do post forum specific specials and group buys.

(But look for a price reduction on all of our Tacoma rock guards soon! )
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
They will be cosmetically secure (like steps) via the bolts.

I broke several bolts as I bolted mine on before taking them to be welded. I would recommend buying higher quality hardware before attempting to bolt them up.