Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   All-Pro Off Road (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all-pro-off-road/)
-   -   all-pro bumper question. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all-pro-off-road/103412-all-pro-bumper-question.html)

06redtacoma 07-19-2010 09:14 PM

all-pro bumper question.
 
I really want to pull the trigger on an allpro front bumper. The main reason is 1. Looks 2. I would really like a front winch i do moderate off roading
Can you use a highlift on a allpro? also i would get it in bare metal and am not afraid to weld in some bracing into the bumper to add some strength.
How do they hold up to deer encounters? Thanks.

all.on.black 07-19-2010 10:19 PM

It's a great bumper for off road clearance and mounting a winch. I haven't had any trouble with mine in that aspect. If you hit a deer you'll most likely have to replace it. It's thin and 3 separate pieces (leaves room for stuff to bend). If you want something to hit deer with I would go with a one piece design that's a little thicker than All Pro's (Relentless Fab, ARB, Shrockworks, etc.) They have great customer service though.

NAYo2002 07-19-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.on.black (Post 1982527)
If you want something to hit deer with

:rotfl:

jackal 07-19-2010 10:46 PM

demello's coming out with a plate bumper soon that should be a good alternative. looks similar with more options and looks a bit thicker.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160774

colinb17 07-20-2010 08:12 AM

I don't have a hi-lift yet, but a buddy of mine with a land rover does, i may be at his place this weekend, if so, i'll try jacking up the front end by one of the shackles. i've been wondering the same thing. i don't see why it wouldn't work....lifting the front is less weight than a winch will pull, so it would seem to be plenty strong.

stroM- 07-20-2010 08:22 AM

To the op,

It should hold up just fine w/ deer encounters. The thing i love about all pro's design is that it IS different pieces. So in the long run if you bang up a wing of the bumper you dont have to buy the entire new bumper.

Using the hi-lift from the shackles is just fine...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/p/pb/i295...bs/photo-3.jpg

I love my AP bumper and now with the new design w/more clearance and approach angles I dont feel like ill be hanging up on anything. One of the slickest looking bumpers out there too IMO.

EVILSTI 07-20-2010 08:27 AM

I just installed mine and love it.

colinb17 07-20-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVILSTI (Post 1983437)
I just installed mine and love it.

same here, got mine on over the weekend and love it so far, just have to get a chance to use it now.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSCF6587.JPG

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSCF6588.JPG

Even managed to get the stock headlights to work :)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...m/DSCF6591.JPG


you'll be very happy with the all pro

Masada 07-20-2010 11:04 AM

There's a couple of flaws in the Demello bumper:

1. it looks stupid not going all the way out to the fender flares.
2. It's way to close to the body and doesn't allow for body flex (It's just a fact of life with these trucks).
3. It looks like another copy of the AP bumper, why by something that someone is trying to imulate when you can have the real thing?

To the OP, yes you can use a hi lift with AP bumper either via the shacles or the holes in the bumper.

all.on.black 07-20-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masada (Post 1983844)
To the OP, yes you can use a hi lift with AP bumper either via the shacles or the holes in the bumper.

Do not use the hi lift in the holes. They aren't designed to hold any weight. They are merely there to let air pass through.

colinb17 07-20-2010 11:11 AM

^^^that was the first thing i though... looks goofy not reaching out to the fender flares.

and you're right, it looks good, but having no room between the bumper and the body panels is no bueno.

MJonAgs32 07-21-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatataco (Post 1989749)
Could someone please post up some larger pictures of the bumper, for instance the hoop, and close up on the powder coating. I am interested and would like to get in on that group buy.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...259_medium.jpg

more pics here

JDEMELLO 07-26-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masada (Post 1983844)
There's a couple of flaws in the Demello bumper:

1. it looks stupid not going all the way out to the fender flares.
2. It's way to close to the body and doesn't allow for body flex (It's just a fact of life with these trucks).
3. It looks like another copy of the AP bumper, why by something that someone is trying to imulate when you can have the real thing?

To the OP, yes you can use a hi lift with AP bumper either via the shacles or the holes in the bumper.


The final version will go all the way to the fender flares and it has more room for flex.

It's actually a copy of our first plate bumper which is the FJ bumper. It's only widen and changed slightly.

ExpoSpy 07-26-2010 10:25 AM

I'm extremely intrested in the Demello plate bumper just because it looks beefier than All-Pro and its a one piece design.

ktmrider 07-26-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all.on.black (Post 1982527)
I If you want something to hit deer...

:laugh: but in all seriousness this is the only reason I would get a bumper

Masada 07-26-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDEMELLO (Post 2002949)
The final version will go all the way to the fender flares and it has more room for flex.

It's actually a copy of our first plate bumper which is the FJ bumper. It's only widen and changed slightly.

That explains why it was too narrow. Because it looked really goofy like that. But all these plate bumpers look like the All-Pro style bumper or vis versa. I'm waiting to see a truly "revolutionary design" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundman1463 (Post 2003042)
I'm extremely intrested in the Demello plate bumper just because it looks beefier than All-Pro and its a one piece design.

Thanks for sharing??? You know Demello has their own section to discuss their products. I'm sure they would be happy to start a new thread about it over there *Hint hint*

Nicks4x4LT 11-28-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinb17 (Post 1983795)
same here, got mine on over the weekend and love it so far, just have to get a chance to use it now.


Even managed to get the stock headlights to work :)

Did you have to do any modifications to get the stock fog lights to fit??

colinb17 11-28-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibaChief (Post 2434288)
Did you have to do any modifications to get the stock fog lights to fit??

to the bumper, no. but i had to make a little bracket to hold a bolt to the bottom of the stock fog light so that i could bolt it to the tab on the bumper. i don't have any pictures, but look at "krookz" build thread. i believe he has some pictures of how he did it. i sortof followed what he did.

johnw 03-01-2011 07:40 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ven...ce-stinks.html

HIYota 07-12-2011 10:44 PM

I know this thread is kinda old but I figured I'd ask here sine you guys have an AP bumper. Anyone know what the weight is on the bumper with hoop?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 AM.