Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

4wheeler ramps?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
4wheeler ramps?

what kind of ramps do yall use that have lifted trucks? Im getting a 2wd quad tonight and wonding if the 2wd quads will go up the standard ramps just fine. Im afraid of it trying to flip over. Ive always owned a 4x4 quad and never worried about it.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 8ft folding ramps.i had a 2002 grizzly 660/1989 banshee with a 2000 dodge ram 4" lift and 35s. shit worked great. the banshee could stand on its ass behind truck,flip it foward on the tailgate and lift the rear up and roll it in.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You'd have to have a pretty high tailgate or some short ramps for a quad to flip over on you. I've always used 2x12's with the aluminum ends you can buy at Home Depot. I think they're 8' long (I used them for a motorcycle, low ground clearance). I just upgraded to aluminum folding ramps, not as long but they have the bend about 2/3 of the way up to help the clearance issue. You could always find a ditch to back into or a curb to help the angle out a bit but with a quad I think you'd be fine.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have an aluminum folding ramp that I use. I can check the make and model when I get home. I have no problems driving my Raptor 700 up it but then again my truck is stock height. Don't try to drive up it with paddles though and always attach the straps. No sense in being lazy and end up losing the ramp on your way up and hurting yourself, the bike and your truck.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I welded up my own ramps
Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I have the bifold aluminum ramps. You can use them together or take them apart. I take them apart because my trx700 is pretty wide, around 4'. Mine have the straps that I hook to the rear d-rings in order to keep them in place. I think they are made by a company called quad boss. They are 6' long and 4' wide when used together or you can separate and have two 2'x6' ramps. I always try and back up to a little hill or something. It makes it easier. Mine will wheelie when tryin to go up the ramps! So I understand you being worried about it flipping over on you. I usually put my left foot on the left nerf and my knee on the seat kinda in a standing position in case it does flip I can bail off the side!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
I have the bifold aluminum ramps. You can use them together or take them apart. I take them apart because my trx700 is pretty wide, around 4'. Mine have the straps that I hook to the rear d-rings in order to keep them in place. I think they are made by a company called quad boss. They are 6' long and 4' wide when used together or you can separate and have two 2'x6' ramps. I always try and back up to a little hill or something. It makes it easier. Mine will wheelie when tryin to go up the ramps! So I understand you being worried about it flipping over on you. I usually put my left foot on the left nerf and my knee on the seat kinda in a standing position in case it does flip I can bail off the side!
great info, thanks. this is what I was looking for. and kneeling on the seat in case of a flip is a good idea too! at the lake there is a ditch I can back into to make it pretty level to load. at the house its pretty much flat ground. I'll make sure and get ramps that have straps to keep them from slipping out
Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #8

I might get this one. its cheaper than the shorter 74" ramp..
http://www.discountramps.com/wide-atv-ramp.htm

Ill have to double check the width of the quad though, i dont remember how wide it is.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Use 4 straps to hold the bike down in the bed. Before I only used 2 on the front but one day the quad jumped up and went forward through the back window of my Ranger. I bought some Hook Ups tie down brackets for the Taco but I will eventually just buy a trailer for my bike.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah if you get a bi-fold make sure it's wide enough or can be taken apart. The straps on the ramps are a must! If your front tires are up on the bed and your rear tires pull the ramps off the tailgate it could be bad.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #11

those look legit. there is a harbor freight 2 blocks from my house. Ill check them out
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #12

Ive got a 20% off cupon in my guns and ammo magazine Ill take with me