1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

will this fit in my bed?

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by johnw, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    johnw

johnw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    hey guys i have no clue if any of you have a 05 grizzly 660 but i got one recently and was wondering if it will fit in my short bed and will the tail gate hold up to that much weight

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Your probably gunna have to get the measuring tape out. Im pretty sure its not gunna fit with the tailgate up but down it probably would. I personally wouldnt put the weight on the tailgate. But i have ridden my quad into the back of my truck which is essentially more weight than if the quad is just resting on the tailgate? I dont know man good luck. I got a toolbox so if i ever want to put my quad in the back(not likely, id probably just use my dads truck) Id be in the same spot as you. I have a 400 sportsman if it matters and have had no problems yet besides the truck being a little too much of a bitch to have my quad in the back(suspension wise, bottoming out with quad in back)

3. Aug 20, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    well i know im going to have to have the tailgate down and dry weight of my 4wheelers is like 600~ and with me on it and all fluids i dont know if the tailgate will hold on the loading side of it but i know it will rest on it fine

4. Aug 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    so the wheel base is 50.2 inch i have 5 ft bed so i should be ok? i think i should be fine but still kinda worried about tailgate

5. Aug 20, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    toytacoma22

toytacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    COS
    3" Icon Lift, TC UCA, OME Dakars, Allpro front and rear bumpers.
    Just get some plywood and cut it out so it fits in the bed and it will help take weight off of the tailgate. Personally I would probably add some support under it with some 2x4's also. If you don't like this idea get a trailer thats how I transport my 2010 Brute Force 750 I got in July.

[​IMG]

6. Aug 20, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    johnw

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    well thanks for the help guys i might try that ply wood idea sounds like it'll work and then i will do the tail gate reinforcement

To Top