Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Yamaha Rhino project

Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Rhino Rack

I built this Rhino rack and did a few other upgrades for a friend who takes this to the desert every season. The new rack is bolt on and uses the factory holes in the bed. It's leaving today and I'll post more pics of other things I did also.

He recently built a stereo box in the cab, and decided to go with a deep cycle Odyssey battery.

Sits above the floor so the mat can be pulled out and the bed hosed out. The coolers will be held down with bunjee's attached to hooks that he'll be adding to the sheet metal. They are the stock ones that were in the corners where the rack bolts in now.

Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-22-00000.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-22-00001.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-22-00022.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-22-00018.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's leaving today and I'll snap some pics of other things I did on it while it was at the shop. Here's a Oh Shit handle for the passenger that I added to it yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-22-00021.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks great bro!!!! how many cc?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
looks great bro!!!! how many cc?
Not sure, I'll ask him today, and I have some more pics to post also.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
oh shit handle looks seriously dangerous. if he hits nose first, that thing looks like it will break some ribs. that the thing as a whole looks hella pimp though
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
oh shit handle looks seriously dangerous. if he hits nose first, that thing looks like it will break some ribs. that the thing as a whole looks hella pimp though
It has 5 point harness' in it. He doesn't ride around un belted, there are definitely racing harness' in it, so theoretically there's no way you should ever be anywhere near that bar with your body. It had nothing for the passenger to hang on to. Here are some more pics...

Painted the rack since I knew he'd let it rust like he did his custom arms...

added some extra bars ( I didn't make the cage and it's way too thin, so his best bet is to never roll this thing!)

added a shield for the lights at night
talked him out of moving the entire bar to the top, told him it would look like Mickey Mouse, haha.

customized his trailer for his dirt bike
no more having to turn the front tire

Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-24-00007.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-23-00005.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-23-00012.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-7-24-00016.jpg   Yamaha Rhino project-captured-2004-6-22-00002.jpg