Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

riding boots atv boots

Old 09-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
Name: pat
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
riding boots atv boots

need to find a boot that fits my fat ass calves 22 inches any ideas
Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
bfogelma is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bfogelma's Tacoma Gallery
check out thor quadrant boots, designed for bigger cockpit of the ATV, so probably have more calf room too
Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
The wife and I just wear ankle high Boots on our ATV.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i used to just wear work boots broke an ankle last year looking for a little more protection
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #7
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
i have no place to try boots on around me every store has to order them ?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Wierd, around here all of the bike or apperal shops have them. Have you looked to see it manufactures list the interior dimensions of the boots?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Wierd, around here all of the bike or apperal shops have them. Have you looked to see it manufactures list the interior dimensions of the boots?
im gonna check them now
Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
msr works for me. my calves are huge but they are pretty big. i know alpinestars just had a right up in one of the atv mags. said they didnt have a problem fitting large calves into em. i think they were the tech 8s
problem with the tech 8's is the price for me. I would love them but for the money no way.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
problem with the tech 8's is the price for me. I would love them but for the money no way.
Yeah they are expensive just done skimp out on boots, IMO most important riding gear besides helmet.

Alpine star makes good shit all of the boots.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Yeah they are expensive just done skimp out on boots, IMO most important riding gear besides helmet.

Alpine star makes good shit all of the boots.

I guess for me it comes down to what kind of rider are you. If you are an aggressive rider or are racing it then sure spend the money on the Tech 8's. If you are a casual/trail rider perhaps you don't need $450 boots and you can get by just fine with some $200-$250 fox boots. I mean I wear a helmet but I am not gonna spend the money on a $500 Shoei when a good helmet for around $200 that meets the standards will do fine.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I guess for me it comes down to what kind of rider are you. If you are an aggressive rider or are racing it then sure spend the money on the Tech 8's. If you are a casual/trail rider perhaps you don't need $450 boots and you can get by just fine with some $200-$250 fox boots. I mean I wear a helmet but I am not gonna spend the money on a $500 Shoei when a good helmet for around $200 that meets the standards will do fine.
I get you, but I dont think its that black and white, Im a really aggressive rider and I rock tech 3s, they do what I need and I haven't had a problem with them. I know the 8s or 10s offer more protection but I dont think its necessary. FTWI You cant put a price on safety!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwmann View Post
sidi and gaerne seem to run the biggest calves up to 22 inch
Ive always thought sidi to be a more low profile skinny boots. I have some buddys that have them and at least in the foot its small compared to my tech 3s
Old 10-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Fox Racing Comp 5 boot is wider around the calf and on the lower side of the price range.

I ride recreationally in the dunes on a quad with nerf bars...
Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
just tried on a boot a friend wears called A.R.C. corona never heard of them look like sidi crossfires fit really well