Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

offroad gps

Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
awwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura aboutawwmann has a spectacular aura about
Name: pat
awwmann's Tacoma Gallery
offroad gps

went riding last weekend in a new area. we got lost for about 2 hours had to wind up riding a main highway to find our trucks. looking for a handheld gps to map were we are not looking for anything expensive just a cheap one any ideas
Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check out riding forums to see what the favorite unit of the community is. Here are some: http://www.crutchfield.com/g_252650/...PS.html?tp=146
Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
i mount a garmin 60csx on my bars, you get what you pay for, it's a color screen, shock proof, and water proof, i've dipped this thing in the creek more than a few times to clean off all of the mud! if you get a cheap one you'll probably be in the market for a replacment in a few months, ATV's are hard on these things
Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Shawman20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joshua
Shawman20's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Garmin Etrex Legend. Like Kessler89 says, "You get what you pay for". The garmins are made to take a licking and keeping on ticking.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Truck guy
spamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud ofspamy has much to be proud of
spamy's Tacoma Gallery
I use a garmin dakota 20 mounted in my bar pad. I load custom maps for the areas I go and have been pretty happy with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Use a Garmin 62s, which is a newer version of the Garmin 60 series. It has a color screen, better compass and barometer, etc. As people have mentioned, you get what you pay for, and mine gets constantly knocked around on the ATV without any problems. The software for your computer kind of sucks, but the unit is solid.