Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

2006 Banshee - Brand New in Crate

Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
tommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud of
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
2006 Banshee - Brand New in Crate

I am thinking about buying this and wanted to ask the ATV guys if they think the motor or other parts would go bad or have problems from sitting 5 years unassembled in the crate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...#ht_500wt_1174
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyxv View Post
I am thinking about buying this and wanted to ask the ATV guys if they think the motor or other parts would go bad or have problems from sitting 5 years unassembled in the crate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...#ht_500wt_1174

I wouldn't think so but that also depends on where it was kept. You know inside a warehouse or outside in the elements. If it was kept outside I would think some of the components like rubber lines and seals may have gone bad. I would ask a ton of questions. I don't think the packing from the factory is meant for long term storage.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You may have to fiddle with some things, carbs come to mind or maybe replace a seal or two depending on the condition it was kept it. If it was stored properly, it shouldn't need much if anything. I'd be a little concerned about it being in Maine, hopefully it was kept indoors for those 5 years but it's doubtful.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
tommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud of
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys....I concern that it was outside. The "found it in the corner while cleaning the warehouse" is hard to believe.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i love banshees.i had one but its 2010 and 2 strokes are outdated.these new 4 strokes are crazy fast. i love the smell and powerband of a 2 stroke but not worth dealing with maintanance.twin motor sucks to sync.here is mine(well my brothers now)

Old 10-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks guys....I concern that it was outside. The "found it in the corner while cleaning the warehouse" is hard to believe.
Also they are asking 8000 for it??? I can understand it is new but the 2 strokes are outdated as paintdiddy stated. I would never give them 8000 for it. You could buy a brand new 4 stroke 450 with alot better technology for that price. What kind of riding are you planning on doing?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Also they are asking 8000 for it??? I can understand it is new but the 2 strokes are outdated as paintdiddy stated. I would never give them 8000 for it. You could buy a brand new 4 stroke 450 with alot better technology for that price. What kind of riding are you planning on doing?
Nothing competitive, just some fun on the weekends and when I am at the Mountains.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
You don't want this in the mountains, I love 2 strokes and even the smell of burnt mixed gas but for that kind of cash I'd go with a yfz 450.....on second thought, I'd lt my truck!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea but the reason it costs more to rebuild a 4 stroke is because you shouldn't ever have to do it. If you keep the oil changed and keep the air filter clean it should last a long time. If I was going to spend that much money I would get a brand new 4 stroke, especially for what the OP plans to use it for.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Banshee's are a nice quad. I've owned one for over 10 years now. Put pipes on it and it is wicked fast. And rebuilding it is a piece of cake.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
YFZ 450 and call it a day... or buy a dirtbike
Old 10-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a new polaris 525 irs for around 4000
Old 10-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
2-stroke:
  • Flat-land racing
  • Dunes
  • Wide Open Spaces

4-stroke:
  • Stop-n-go
  • Climbing
  • Mud
These are of course generalities, but in general are a good guide. For what the OP has stated, I would recommend 4-stroke. If you're gonna be goofing around an playing in the mountains, you'll likely want the low-end torque of the four stroke. Plus, mountains usually implies lots of stopping. If that's the case, you'll have to keep the idle high to avoid fouling plugs. 2-strokes are made to run at high RPMs.

I'm sure there will be some that will disagree with what I've said, but that's just my experience. One thing you'll want to consider is what your friends ride. You don't have to be a clone, but if you're the only one with a 2-stroke, you might regret it after trying to ride 'with' them.

I still remember being Chadwick, MO (in the Mark Twain Nat. Forest - lots of trails and slate). 3 of us with 4-stroke ATVs and 1 with a 2-stroke dirtbike. He was always frustrated with the spark-plug issues of keeping pace with us (we were going slower than his bike would like). Yes, this is a stretch cause it's dirtbike to ATV, but still something to consider.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Its a engine..I have seen 3 suzukis with blown engines ..the owners just walked away from when they found it was $4000 or more to redo..
Like you say it's up the OP..I would never buy a used 4 stroke for the reasons you mentioned..
Oh yea don't get me wrong, I agree that things happen. I blew the engine on my crf250r the second year I had it. It cost me $1300 to rebuild. I just don't like 2-strokes because if you ride it decently hard then you can expect to re-ring it at least once a year. With a 4-stroke you don't have that worry. I ride the shit out of my bike and the only reason it blew was because it uses a little oil and I forgot to check it before I went riding and it locked up. I also would never, personally, buy a used bike(2-stroke or 4-stroke) unless I knew the person and knew that they took care of it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #15
2k6750 is on a distinguished road

2k6750's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of the banshee. If you like to work on your bike more than ride it get a 2 stroke. I have a low hours 2006 LTR-450 almost bone stock (cherry bomb ignition mod and no air box lid) and I dusted a slightly modded banshee at the drag strip. Also banshees are not a fun trail bike because of the 2 stroke power band.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 here and no problems doing any kind of riding. Power at all but the very top of the RPM range. It doesn't get any better than that. I paid 7100 for it new. If you really want a Banshee buy used because the one in question is too much IMO.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #17
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (kūrt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 here and no problems doing any kind of riding. Power at all but the very top of the RPM range. It doesn't get any better than that. I paid 7100 for it new. If you really want a Banshee buy used because the one is question is too much IMO.
x2
If you really want a Banshee, buy used. you can get one in great shape for under 4k
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6750 View Post
If you like to work on your bike more than ride it get a 2 stroke.
Not really the case for most, I (used to) ride the shit out of mine and it always ran top notch. Only time it blew was when I flipped in the dunes and sand got into the oil injector which blew a hole on my piston. After I put on a block off kit it has never failed me since.

Little beast even took out bigger quads on the track....it was a blaster lol
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Agreed..it's good to know there are some real knowledgeable members...

We pay crazy ass prices for everything up here..so I guess my numbers are probably higher then down there..and these were race bikes not quads..
Yea mine is a race bike, the $1300 included the crank, the bearings, all the gaskets, labor, and I actually got a big bore kit for $50 more than the stock top end. But the guy who rebuilt mine, did it in a little shed behind his house, so it was a little cheaper than if I would have brought it to a big shop. But yea, it sounds like things must be a lot more expensive up your way.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #20
She's got the jimmy legs

Quote:
Nothing competitive, just some fun on the weekends and when I am at the Mountains.

I think you would be able to find a new 4 stroke quad (last years model) for the same price. I think it would be a better and more reliable quad for you. I have an 06 LTR450 that I raced in a series down here. It took all the punishment I could throw at it. Only mods on the engine were the yoshi cherry bomb and pro design intake. Never had an issue with the engine. I changed the oil often using royal purple and it still runs great. Only thing I had to replace was the carrier bearing but thats a given when you race a quad. Come to think of it I think the dealership still has an 06 in the showroom since they cant sell it. Utility quads are more popular down here. You could probably buy and get it shipped for a better deal than that banshee. They are asking 5100 bucks for it. Just talked to Phil the sales manager.