Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

New/Used Toy Quad

Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
Atron22 is on a distinguished road
Atron22's Tacoma Gallery
New/Used Toy Quad

Hey everyone, Just wanted to tell everyone of my recent purchase of a used 2006 Yamaha Grzzily 660 4x4 Quad. I am excited because I have always wanted a quad and now I got one.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Freekin' Sweet!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x80000000000000000000000
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atron22 View Post
Hey everyone, Just wanted to tell everyone of my recent purchase of a used 2006 Yamaha Grzzily 660 4x4 Quad. I am excited because I have always wanted a quad and now I got one.
Better be a footshift, autos on quads are homo IMO
Old 10-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Better be a footshift, autos on quads are homo IMO
Pretty sure the Grizzlys have an auto. I felt the same way until I owned a Polaris. They're actually pretty sweet and because they're basically a snowmobile style belt clutch, they're really easy to 'tweak'. For a racer, I couldn't agree with you more though, they need to be manuals.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Pretty sure the Grizzlys have an auto. I felt the same way until I owned a Polaris. They're actually pretty sweet and because they're basically a snowmobile style belt clutch, they're really easy to 'tweak'. For a racer, I couldn't agree with you more though, they need to be manuals.
That is true a lot of the bigger 4x4 quads do have autos. Does your Polaris have a belt driven drivetrain? A buddy of mine has the last year they used belts and when we would go wheeling it would slip like a son of a gun.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
That is true a lot of the bigger 4x4 quads do have autos. Does your Polaris have a belt driven drivetrain? A buddy of mine has the last year they used belts and when we would go wheeling it would slip like a son of a gun.
It did. I don't have it anymore, I sold it when I went to road bikes. I had an issue with it slipping only when it was ready for replacement. It was a '99 and I replaced the clutch after 3 - 4 years of use (and I beat the hell out of it in those years I might add). Turned out to be a tough machine. I had the Trailblazer 250 and rode with a buddy who had the Sport 400 (2 stroke back then). The 400 was a belt drive also and required a new belt about 4 months before mine did.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
JDTRD88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
JDTRD88's Tacoma Gallery
your gonna love the grizzly, i got a 2002 and its tough as nails, drive the piss out of it, and drive it threw puddles over the racks with no snorkels or anything and never had any major problems, oh and burn the crap out of it, i love it
Attached Thumbnails
New/Used Toy Quad-p6040458.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
what kinda tires are you gonna get? tires are everything
Old 11-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
what kinda tires are you gonna get? tires are everything
Go big or go home.

http://www.yaskyatv.com/prod/tr/gsb.html

These are bigger than the tires on my truck.