1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATV suggestions

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by Reaver, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Oct 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    Reaver

Reaver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    Hiya, I'm a poor college student that grew up riding four-wheelers and now I miss them terribly and want to get one! Main problem is the budget, but I also want to get my girlfriend into it. I just can't decide if I want to get one of the larger ones and have her sit on the back or get two smaller ones. The last four-wheeler I had was the honda 250EX and I loved it but I knew it didn't have shit for power. Anyways, my question to you is, would you rather go with a larger ATV and throw your woman on the back or get two smaller ones, for each of you. If you think I should go with a larger one then throw a suggestion at me, if you think I should go with two smaller ones throw a suggestion at me, also throw some prices. Is this 2007 Honda 250EX for $2300 a good deal or do you think I could do better, if I was going to go the route of getting smaller four-wheelers. I'm looking to spend like at most $4k but if I could somehow manage $3k that would be fantastic.

Edit: I should add what type of riding, I grew up with mostly riding in the woods, river crossing and a little mudding, not much though. I think that's the similar type we'd be into, the 4x4 isn't essential I'm sure we'll have fun either way.

2. Oct 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    IMO, you ain't gonna get much for $1500/quad if you buy two. 4k is just enough to buy one that isn't beat to hell. I don't personally condone riding tandem with the exception of the newer "two up" designs. If you lose it, both people end up hurt. Unfortunately they cost a kings ransom. Maybe an older used rhino? Don't know if you'll find one that cheap though.

3. Oct 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You shouldn't have a problem picking up an older 300, like a fourtrax for at or under 3,000. Keep your eye out, deals come up. If you're willing to go to something like a 250, the Honda Recons used to sell for about 3,500 brand new so finding one used would be in your range. They're kind of small for 2 up riding though. I did a quick check, a local dealer around me has a 2004 Eiger 400 4x4 for 3,300 to give you a rough price point.

4. Oct 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    Do any of those 4x4 you mentioned fit in the back of a 1995 ext cab 4x4 tacoma?

5. Oct 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    SaraLynn44

SaraLynn44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sara Lynn
    Fresno CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Engage Long Travel Deaver's 2 10" Kicker subs Fuel Rims Nitto Tires
    I wouldnt buy a pos 250ex you could get two used 250r's for a decent price and they would last you way longer buy her a blaster if shes a beginner and get yourself a 450

6. Oct 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    yes that would be ideal but not within 4k : p

To Top