Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

ATV suggestions

Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
Reaver is on a distinguished road
Reaver's Tacoma Gallery
ATV suggestions

Hiya, I'm a poor college student that grew up riding four-wheelers and now I miss them terribly and want to get one! Main problem is the budget, but I also want to get my girlfriend into it. I just can't decide if I want to get one of the larger ones and have her sit on the back or get two smaller ones. The last four-wheeler I had was the honda 250EX and I loved it but I knew it didn't have shit for power. Anyways, my question to you is, would you rather go with a larger ATV and throw your woman on the back or get two smaller ones, for each of you. If you think I should go with a larger one then throw a suggestion at me, if you think I should go with two smaller ones throw a suggestion at me, also throw some prices. Is this 2007 Honda 250EX for $2300 a good deal or do you think I could do better, if I was going to go the route of getting smaller four-wheelers. I'm looking to spend like at most $4k but if I could somehow manage $3k that would be fantastic.

Edit: I should add what type of riding, I grew up with mostly riding in the woods, river crossing and a little mudding, not much though. I think that's the similar type we'd be into, the 4x4 isn't essential I'm sure we'll have fun either way.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, you ain't gonna get much for $1500/quad if you buy two. 4k is just enough to buy one that isn't beat to hell. I don't personally condone riding tandem with the exception of the newer "two up" designs. If you lose it, both people end up hurt. Unfortunately they cost a kings ransom. Maybe an older used rhino? Don't know if you'll find one that cheap though.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't have a problem picking up an older 300, like a fourtrax for at or under 3,000. Keep your eye out, deals come up. If you're willing to go to something like a 250, the Honda Recons used to sell for about 3,500 brand new so finding one used would be in your range. They're kind of small for 2 up riding though. I did a quick check, a local dealer around me has a 2004 Eiger 400 4x4 for 3,300 to give you a rough price point.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
Reaver's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of those 4x4 you mentioned fit in the back of a 1995 ext cab 4x4 tacoma?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
SaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud of

Name: Sara Lynn
SaraLynn44's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt buy a pos 250ex you could get two used 250r's for a decent price and they would last you way longer buy her a blaster if shes a beginner and get yourself a 450
Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
Reaver's Tacoma Gallery
yes that would be ideal but not within 4k : p