Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

viper atv/utv winches??

Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
viper atv/utv winches??

anyone here had any dealings with a viper winch? im about to sell the prelude, and im gonna buy a club car carryall 272 from where i work......and since its a "prerunner" golf cart....2 wheel drive/factory lift/locker rear diff.......im gonna get a winch for it. i've seen lots of reviews on the vipers, and all i've seen have been positive....plus.......they are alot cheaper than the warns, and seem built about the same.

here is what a carryall 272 looks like.......and im gonna mod mine for hunting and such, when i get it.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Question

Bump
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
if you're talking about vipermax yeah they kick ass, i have a 2500lb one on my rancher with a synthetic rope it works great and comes with a ton of features at a fraction of the cost of a warn ect, i got mine off ebay for something like $225 shipped with a mounting plate for my ATV
Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
if you're talking about vipermax yeah they kick ass, i have a 2500lb one on my rancher with a synthetic rope it works great and comes with a ton of features at a fraction of the cost of a warn ect, i got mine off ebay for something like $225 shipped with a mounting plate for my ATV
thanks man...and yeah....vipermax is what i was meaning.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 viper winches. Cant beat the price, and their customer service is THE BEST out there.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

i'm actaully thinking about getting one of their 9500lb truck winches now that i have a winch bumper (see below)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
Shawman20 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joshua
Shawman20's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Viper 3000lb winch on my 4-wheeler. Been on there for about 3 years now, and still works like a champ. Has defenitely seen some mud and water with no issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
HUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of lightHUNT is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Tommy
HUNT's Tacoma Gallery
WINCH

I had a bad experience with viper winches...I bought mine from Peter at Motoalliance..customer service started out great,but after replacing my vipermax 4000 two times he guit taking my calls..mine was on a rhino.and was never abused.i will never buy another one.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNT View Post
I had a bad experience with viper winches...I bought mine from Peter at Motoalliance..customer service started out great,but after replacing my vipermax 4000 two times he guit taking my calls..mine was on a rhino.and was never abused.i will never buy another one.
hmm that sucks, what went wrong with yours?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #10

well hate to say it but my MX2500 is going back in, got stuck in about 4ft of snow a few weeks ago and had to pull really hard to the right, cable jumped off the spool and left me with a non working winch, took it apart and got the cable back on track and everything seemed fine untill last weekend when i went to use it again, it now pulls tight untill it gets a heavy load on it boggs down and then makes a loud pop and repeats, i called and they said to send it in, makes me mad but i'm hoping they fix this one or give me a new one and i'm problem free from here on out, idk if jumping the cable screwed something up or what but that's what i'm hopping happened, really sucks when they dont work how they should cause you're usually knee deep in something you dont wanna be in!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Wv countryboy is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
Wv countryboy's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

ive installed 2 on teryx's install was easy and quick and they seem to work damn good
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
Hardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Hardwater's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the Vipermax 3000 on my Grizzly for nearly a year and have beat the hell out of the both and it's got me out of a lot of sticky situations and pulled out a lot of Honda's and Brute Force's and still works like a champ.

My gear boxes did fill with silt and water at one point. I know no winch is completely waterproof and mine had spent a lot of time underwater, so I couldn't really complain. I took it all apart and packed it with marine grease, haven't had any issues since.

I know A LOT of guys who run these on their quads and they have a very great reputation for reliability and great customer service.

I'm sorry HUNT had those issues, I haven't heard of many problems such as his.