Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

My progress in the dirt

Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
My progress in the dirt

Started out last month, my first time to ever ride in dirt/ruts ect

Took a little spill at the end

this was the first ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhIM..._order&list=UL

a month later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR4o4..._order&list=UL

cant wait to go PRO sarcasm

Any tips?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
eileenwilson will become famous soon enough

eileenwilson's Tacoma Gallery
i used to ride hv all the time!

i love riding my dirtbike!

remember, in sand, stand up, lean back and speed up. speed is your friend
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got one tip, dont ever look back unless exiting the track and do not go off your line if there is somebody faster behind you. Stick to your lines and if somebody behind you is actually good they will pick a different line to pass you, it helps both you and them and IMO raises your confidence.

keep it up looks alot better from week 1.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
The difference in your level of confidence between the two videos is obvious. I say keep practicing. I don't ride (though I've been thinking of getting a bike...) but I used to downhill mountain bike and it was practice, practice, practice. Push yourself occasionally, and you'll feel how good it is to succeed when you step a little out of your comfort zone.

My two cents.

Nice work.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenwilson View Post
i used to ride hv all the time!

i love riding my dirtbike!

remember, in sand, stand up, lean back and speed up. speed is your friend
nice & what happen? cause you moved to norcal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Ive got one tip, dont ever look back unless exiting the track and do not go off your line if there is somebody faster behind you. Stick to your lines and if somebody behind you is actually good they will pick a different line to pass you, it helps both you and them and IMO raises your confidence.

keep it up looks alot better from week 1.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
The difference in your level of confidence between the two videos is obvious. I say keep practicing. I don't ride (though I've been thinking of getting a bike...) but I used to downhill mountain bike and it was practice, practice, practice. Push yourself occasionally, and you'll feel how good it is to succeed when you step a little out of your comfort zone.

My two cents.

Nice work.
will do ....... you should get one!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
nice & what happen? cause you moved to norcal?
My gf got a job up here so we moved. I work from home now, which is great.

There's a riding area, small, about 20 mins from me. It's a lot like hungry valley but the "easy trails" are more like intermediate.

Never did much track, I'm a trail rider really. Its SO fun though, anyway, if you're on two wheels, you're happy
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah we dont have much in norcal. I live at metcalf, and go to 408mx and hollister pretty often. But thats about it.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
yeah we dont have much in norcal. I live at metcalf, and go to 408mx and hollister pretty often. But thats about it.
only been to metcalf, need to check out hollister. its probably pretty similar to hungry valley.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
u never hit me up to ride wtf,looking good tho
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #10

hollisters pretty big about , but they close half of the adobe clay section for a good part of the winter. For good reason too its pretty unrideable I was pretty stuck last year. Its a good 20 times bigger than metcalf though
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #11

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
u never hit me up to ride wtf,looking good tho

lol my bad, i might go this sunday again
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #12

Quote:
hollisters pretty big about , but they close half of the adobe clay section for a good part of the winter. For good reason too its pretty unrideable I was pretty stuck last year. Its a good 20 times bigger than metcalf though
i miss riding in the open desert. i had my favorite place to ride in socal. by johnson valley, but it's a secret location by red mountain

all time favorite place, ride, off road your truck, shoot...so much to do!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #13

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Socal <3
Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #15

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post

Dude, you were right. No one wants to pay up, im selling my quad to
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
yeah i've pretty much decided to keep mine
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #17
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post

Any tips?
[/COLOR]
tighten your helmet visor
Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #18

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
yeah i've pretty much decided to keep mine
damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
tighten your helmet visor
lol, with what? crazyglue?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #19
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
should be a screw on the side?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #20
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, only recommendation is get a new brake lever

Also maybe work on braking later and harder, looks like your using the front brake so that's good.