Polaris 800 EFI 43 20.19%
Honda 680 80 37.56%
Arctic Cat 10 4.69%
Suzuki King Quad 14 6.57%
Yamaha Grizzly 66 30.99%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #21
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
3rd on the can am 650. My friends dad's is used to haul things, trail ride, and hunt with. Has 2500 miles. I believe before Can Am they were called Bombardier
Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I would never buy a Polaris. One of my buddies works on ATV's for a living, all I hear him talk about is how he's always working on Polaris' and Yamahas', due to belts and such. I've heard him say several times that Honda and Suzuki are the best when it comes to reliability. That being said one of the best ATV's your going to find is the older Honda 300 4x4's, they never quit. If your looking at hauling so much weight you may want to look into something like a Kawasaki Mule, Yamaha Rhino, or Kawasaki Teryx.

Have you looked at the Kawasaki Brute Force? Ive heard nothing but good about those.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #23
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
My vote is for the Honda. These things are very reliable and last a very long time. Just do regular maintaince and it will last forever.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
Shiester
BCH is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
BCH's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea, I've actually ridden the JD Gator and the Kubota RTV900 Diesels. They seem to have lots of power. I just wanted a quad though. More fun in the summer.

I would get the honda but it doesn't have low/high gearing and I gotta get a 2010 for diff lock...........expensive.

Very aware of Honda products, I have an 08 Accord EXL. Nice car
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #25
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Honda quads for reliability. My GF's Cousin just changed the oil for the 2nd time in his 350 Rancher...It has over 1k miles on it.

My Honda quad is maintained to the max and runs like a champ.

GF's dad has a Bombardier with 64 miles on it, it won't start and nobody around here works on it other than the Can Am dealer and they quoted 1400 dollars. Its been sitting under a cover for over a year now.

I have heard good things about the Kawi Brute Forces.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #26
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
64 miles would still be under warranty!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #27
DIVER_5
DIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: BOATSWAINS MATE 2ND CLASS
Name: LAWRENCE
DIVER_5's Tacoma Gallery
I OWN THE 2006 HONDA RUBICON 500. ILL TELL YOU SINCE I BOUGHT IT NEW I HAVE ONLY REPLACED THE WINCH DUE TO E ABUSING IT. OTHER THAN THAT I ADDED THINGS THAT WERE IMPORTANT TO ME.
I HAVE RIDDEN ALL TYPES, I BOUGHT IT IN TENNESEE TO RIDE IT IN MIAMI ENJOYED IT THERE. EVERYONE THERE THAT I WENT RIDING WITH WAS RIDING THEM AS WELL FOR THE MOST PART. HERE ARE A FEW REASONS THAT MADE ME CHOOSE IT. (HONDA NAME) TRIED AND TRUE, 3RD HEADLIGHT ON THE HANDLEBARS THAT IS MOVEABLE WHEN YOU TURN THE BIKE. HAVING JUST THE STATIONARY ONES ON THE FRONT IS LIMITING.
ALSO HAVING THE PULL START OPTION IN CASE THE BATTERY DRAINS, WAS A PERK SINCE I MIGHT BE IN THE SWAMP ON MY OWN AT TIMES.
NOW, I LIVE IN ALASKA AND THE PERKS FOR MY MACHINE UP HERE ARE LOAD CAPABILITY, THE HUNTERS LOVE THEM. THEY ARE VERY QUIET STOCK, YOU CAN PUT IN THE HID LIGHT ON THEM SO YOU CAN USE THEM FOR SPOT LIGHTING, IT HAS A 12VOLT OUTLET TO RUN OTHER EQUIP, GREAT CLEARANCE, AND ONE OF MY BIGGIES IS THAT THE RADIATOR IS PROTECTED, SOME OTHER MACHINES HAVE THEM READILY EXPOSED.
I HAVE 2 BUDDIES THE HAD STICKS JAB THROUGH EM WHILE RIDING IN THE WOODS.
OTHER BIG PERKS, POWER STEERING ON THE 07 AND NEWER. VERY SOFT COMFY SEAT, AUTOMATIC, BUILT IN GPS, DRY STORAGE COMPARTMENT, TOW ROPE STORAGE COMPARTMENT, AND LOW GEAR FOR CRAWLING OVER THINGS.
MINE WAS SPENDY BUT IT IS TRIED AND TRUE. THE 500CC RUBICON WAS NOT AN OPTION IN YOUR POLL HOWEVER IT IS ONE I WOULD DEF CONSIDER OR THE RINCON.
THEY ARE SPENDY, BUT
THEY HOLD THERE VALUE AND IF YOU DESIDED TO GET RID OF IT YOU WOULD GET TOP DOLLAR.
THINGS I ADDED AT PURCHASE FOR MINE WAS FULL SKIDS, HID LIGHT, WARN WINCH, MUDLIGHT TIRES, BLACK STEEL WHEELS, EXAUST, JET KIT, HAND WARMERS.
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT.
JUST TRY AND LOOK FOR RUBICONS ON CRAIGSLIST, PEOPLE DONT SELL THEM. THEY KEEP EM. I TRIED TO BUY MINE IN MIAMI. THEY WERE A JOKE AND SHITTY TO WORK WITH AT HONDA CYCLE CENTER.
I TOOK MY PURCHASE TO CHATENOOGA TENNESEEE AND MY TWO ROOMATES AND MYSELF ALL BOUGHT ONE.
THEY WERE $1800 CHEAPER. LARGEST HONDA ATV DEALER IN THE U.S.
GOOD LUCK.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #28
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
'03-'04 500cc 4x4 Artic Cat.Shaft drive.Rated 1k towing.5 speed manual
w/hi-lo.Great machine.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #29
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
HONDA FTW.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #31
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
u described a honda. Get the honda
Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 07 Rancher 420fm and love the machine a lot
Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #34
JLock
JLock is on a distinguished road

JLock's Tacoma Gallery
Get a honda foreman or rubicon....they are indestructable, have low gearing, simple, and will tow anything. You can also buy a new one within your asking price. I know guys that have over 7000 trouble free miles on theirs and they still run good. I have a 2008 foreman EPS with 1500 miles and i like it alot. Good luck....
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
I would never recomend a Honda; at least not their Rincon. We have some rough trails out where I am and we go riding a lot. I have a Grizzly 700 with 30" Mudzillas on it. I have had it for almost 3 years now and have never had to replace anything on it. I don't go easy on it either. In my opinion the Yamaha is something that is going to hold up to abuse and won't let you down. I don't have much experience with a Polaris 4wheelers just there side by side and that is horrible (only because it sits so low to the ground). Just my opinion and that is from seeing other 4wheelers out on the trails as well. Suzuki is a pretty nice machine also my dad has one and I like it. I am just not very familiar with it.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot about Hondas foreman. I must say that is a nice and very reliable 4wheeler. I almost went with that other than I wanted a bit more power and did not want to go with hondas rincon.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #37
Tacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma831 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Foremans are badass quads. My neighbor has one and its a beast. It needs a whole new subframe and plastics though. It rolled about 15 times down a steep hillside but it still runs.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #38

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Those foremans are amazing. I'd have one in a second if I needed a good work atv
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #39
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh178 View Post
64 miles would still be under warranty!
Its a 1999 Model.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #40
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Honda is like Toyota